GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just want to talk to unburden themselves because a truly dreadful inexplicable crime was committed Moll. It's human to want the truly inexplicable explained. That was why I was interested in a hack writhing a book, not a sensationalist book but something that analysed IS early life. Brian Masters' 'Killing for Company' springs to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the sound of the 101 call I think he half expected the police to say "I don't know why you're calling, sounds like she's gone on holiday. Ring back if you don't see her for another month or two". I think he really had no idea that it would be seen as a police priority to find her.

And it ties in with his later comment about I wouldnt want to be with Helen if she came back now. Almost like saying, look I know I reported that missing umbrella but really it doesnt matter any more, let's forget about it.

People just want to talk to unburden themselves because a truly dreadful inexplicable crime was committed Moll. It's human to want the truly inexplicable explained. That was why I was interested in a hack writhing a book, not a sensationalist book but something that analysed IS early life. Brian Masters' 'Killing for Company' springs to mind.

Of course - why did all of us follow what was happening so closely and try to make sense of things? As for writing books, that too is an entirely natural sequel to what has happened. I've never said a word against that and in fact I have not shared the outrage expressed by one or two members at journalists discussing aspects of their own lives in relation to what happened to Helen Bailey - I think that's a normal human response. I also like other people find it terribly upsetting to see the level of prescient fear Helen expressed in some of her writing about her dreams and feelings on her blog, and in her book.

I just feel that looking at birthdays and star signs to explain things is a bit dim - something we ought to have got beyond, and that doesn't help.

I think it would be a shame to lose the civil and sensible tone that has characterised all these threads, and I don't bregrudge anyone their particular passions. It might be an idea to use the dedicated board that somebody helpfully linked a day or two ago for all things astrological though, as it's a little esoteric for many posters.

Of course - why did all of us follow what was happening so closely and try to make sense of things? As for writing books, that too is an entirely natural sequel to what has happened. I've never said a word against that and in fact I have not shared the outrage expressed by one or two members at journalists discussing aspects of their own lives in relation to what happened to Helen Bailey - I think that's a normal human response. I also like other people find it terribly upsetting to see the level of prescient fear Helen expressed in some of her writing about her dreams and feelings on her blog, and in her book.

I just feel that looking at birthdays and star signs to explain things is a bit dim - something we ought to have got beyond, and that doesn't help.

Well said Moll. x

cheers PTool, I was hoping you were still about and would spot the namecheck.

I've done the 1996 - 2010 follow-on "timeline" but I don't think you knew him in this period of his life. Is that right?

You are correct. Lost contact when we left school summer of 79.

A lovely article about Helen, by Alice, the photographer

Remembering Helen Bailey: A tribute to a friend

I met Helen Bailey in August 2015 when I went to take some portraits of her in her home. She was about to launch her latest book which she was very excited about and she needed some new shots for when it was released. She was very sweet and charming and told me at once about her nervousness in front of cameras but that she wanted to be brave and honest –

I shall always remember her for her strength, her determination, her intelligence and above all else her kindness, compassion and love for others and I hope that that will be her legacy.

Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/remembering-helen-bailey-479872#viRMIIBYahQewHcs.99

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/remembering-helen-bailey-479872

I met Helen Bailey in August 2015 when I went to take some portraits of her in her home. She was about to launch her latest book which she was very excited about and she needed some new shots for when it was released. She was very sweet and charming and told me at once about her nervousness in front of cameras but that she wanted to be brave and honest –

I shall always remember her for her strength, her determination, her intelligence and above all else her kindness, compassion and love for others and I hope that that will be her legacy.

Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/remembering-helen-bailey-479872#viRMIIBYahQewHcs.99

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/remembering-helen-bailey-479872

That is such a lovely article, Alyce, thank you for sharing it x

Oh Alyce, that article is just what I needed to read. I am delighted too to find that Helen loved Elizabeth Gilbert and Brene Brown who are both people I adore in print and in talks. I got a real sense of how lovely Helen was from the article and it didn't surprise me either.

Lovely how she had created that special corner for herself with her desk and her snowdrop mug with the bookshelves in the background. It should have been so wonderful for her.

I've been thinking about Alice because her photographs have become so iconic in this case. Lovely to hear her voice on all this.

Or cats... our furry friends need the best love and care..

So wish people wouldn't give dogs away, poor little dog could end up anywhere. If I was nearer I would go and get him.

It's OK if they check the people out thoroughly.

Some of the animal rescue places are unreasonably rigid in their requirements, and block perfectly suitable people from adopting a pet. Don't get me started .....

This is a wonderful tribute to Helen. Brilliant that you found it in a magazine, Alyce. I read it today on a personal page and so wanted to share it but didn't because it didn't seem my right to do so.
I loved the fact that Helen had her 'snowdrop' mug with her during the photographic session - and to discover her fondness of bright pink Hydrangeas.

A wonderful description of Helen and that special afternoon x

Where are we going with this, exactly?

It's not astrology. It's just a paper on statistics (the source, not the article, the article is not about astrology either ) The numbers show serial killers born in every month, but quite a lot more in November. If you were trying to look at astrology you'd use different dates anyway as the aren't regular months. It's not going anywhere. I just thought it was funny after all the searching around for his birthdate that he turns out to be November. This gives him a tiny bit higher chance of killing multiple times.

It's OK if they check the people out thoroughly.

Some of the animal rescue places are unreasonably rigid in their requirements, and block perfectly suitable people from adopting a pet. Don't get me started .....

Probably TMI but I used to be a Homechecker for the RSPCA and I can assure you we were always so careful that the homeless animals found a good home. Better they stayed at the Centre than went to a home that wasn't suitable.

Have a friend that has just adopted 2 dachshunds. Dachsies background....wife died, husband into care, elderly dogs (10 yr old) needed a home together. I know they have a lovely home now, loved and cared for together with good new owners..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4