GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not astrology. It's just a paper on statistics (the source, not the article, the article is not about astrology either ) The numbers show serial killers born in every month, but quite a lot more in November. If you were trying to look at astrology you'd use different dates anyway as the aren't regular months. It's not going anywhere. I just thought it was funny after all the searching around for his birthdate that he turns out to be November. This gives him a tiny bit higher chance of killing multiple times.

http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/most-serial-killers-are-born-in-november
Did You Know Most Serial Killers Are Born In November?

"Seventeen serial killers were born in November, compared with an average of nine for other months, out of a total of more than 100 in the study."

So in fact most serial killers are not born in November

Oh Alyce, that article is just what I needed to read. I am delighted too to find that Helen loved Elizabeth Gilbert and Brene Brown who are both people I adore in print and in talks. I got a real sense of how lovely Helen was from the article and it didn't surprise me either.

Lovely how she had created that special corner for herself with her desk and her snowdrop mug with the bookshelves in the background. It should have been so wonderful for her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also adore Elizabeth Gilbert and Brene Brown. And tonight I listened to Brene Brown on the subject of 'Vulnerability' - google BB and find it on TED TALK (if you wish to listen to her).

Whilst I listened for myself and own needs of expansion - I could only really think about Helen and her need for such wise connection during the years since John S - and of her nature, which many of us connect with.

Alyce - thank you so much for that lovely article about Helen. It was such a great read. X

I believe we all came to Helen Bailey's WS site for individual reasons. Some who knew Helen directly, some through Dachshunds and friends, or through her writing - others are true WS and need to know, and offer more towards Justice.
But all of us came for the same reason in that we are devastated. We have now a sense of deep grief.
I remember a Minister telling me many families argue after funerals and he likened it to the wine cork exploding and the sediment reaching the surface. I understood this at the time in that small matters become important again (harboured grievances erupt) after the joining together of shared loss.

It seems to me sad that we have gathered together in unison and appreciated each other's incredible input leading up to the Sentencing of Ian Stewart - and yet, we now have a hint of division whilst we continue to share our Connection - the reason we are all here in our love of Helen, our fury of her brutal murder and the end of a beautiful life on earth.

I believe in free speech. I believe each person's voice has a purpose of which we may not understand at the time - but we can absorb the information or (in internet terms) scroll past and ignore the topic.

Connection is where we all begin - it is our raison d'être within our 'tribe' in doing justice for all the beauty of Helen and treachery that lurked within her life.

Please allow each person to speak their thoughts, to contribute to Helen's WS just as they wish to do.
I shall continue to do so - and hope you shall also feel able to talk about (as I said) IS's provisions in his cell, what the weather is like, how your little cat or dog is feeling, whether like me you wish to write in poetic terms, or about your experiences of drugs, epilepsy or physcho relationships.

And - as it happened Zodiac signs, which brought such angry dismissal.

It appeared to me so easy to jump on 'what is not right' and I am going to say what is right for me.
I spoke with a friend this morning during our coffee. OK an ex partner. And we were discussing another subject on FB and how it can become so 'I am' and I said that is not like the WS at all though. They are intelligent, incredible people who join up a story and make me feel less mad than the monkey mind of different conversations.
I commend you and thank you for giving me a space to enquire, and grieve, which I still do, for Helen.

July 12, 2016: Stewart refuses to answer questions and is bailed.

I know that "you do not have to say anything" etc, but if you're not going to be cooperative I think you're damn lucky to be bailed.
I'd have flung him in a cell.

They put him in hotel 'on Bail' whilst they got full access to Hartwell - and followed all the correct measures so he could not claim wrongful treatment.

Was he only remanded in custody afterwards then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe we all came to Helen Bailey's WS site for individual reasons. Some who knew Helen directly, some through Dachshunds and friends, or through her writing - others are true WS and need to know, and offer more towards Justice.
But all of us came for the same reason in that we are devastated. We have now a sense of deep grief.
I remember a Minister telling me many families argue after funerals and he likened it to the wine cork exploding and the sediment reaching the surface. I understood this at the time in that small matters become important again (harboured grievances erupt) after the joining together of shared loss.

It seems to me sad that we have gathered together in unison and appreciated each other's incredible input leading up to the Sentencing of Ian Stewart - and yet, we now have a hint of division whilst we continue to share our Connection - the reason we are all here in our love of Helen, our fury of her brutal murder and the end of a beautiful life on earth.

I believe in free speech. I believe each person's voice has a purpose of which we may not understand at the time - but we can absorb the information or (in internet terms) scroll past and ignore the topic.

Connection is where we all begin - it is our raison d'être within our 'tribe' in doing justice for all the beauty of Helen and treachery that lurked within her life.

Please allow each person to speak their thoughts, to contribute to Helen's WS just as they wish to do.
I shall continue to do so - and hope you shall also feel able to talk about (as I said) IS's provisions in his cell, what the weather is like, how your little cat or dog is feeling, whether like me you wish to write in poetic terms, or about your experiences of drugs, epilepsy or physcho relationships.

And - as it happened Zodiac signs, which brought such angry dismissal.

It appeared to me so easy to jump on 'what is not right' and I am going to say what is right for me.
I spoke with a friend this morning during our coffee. OK an ex partner. And we were discussing another subject on FB and how it can become so 'I am' and I said that is not like the WS at all though. They are intelligent, incredible people who join up a story and make me feel less mad than the monkey mind of different conversations.
I commend you and thank you for giving me a space to enquire, and grieve, which I still do, for Helen.

:goodpost:

and especially for you Joely :websleuther:

Probably TMI but I used to be a Homechecker for the RSPCA and I can assure you we were always so careful that the homeless animals found a good home. Better they stayed at the Centre than went to a home that wasn't suitable.

My experience with the RSPCA didn't get as far as a home check. I drove nearly 50 miles with my dog to visit the dog I proposed to adopt, who was in a private boarding kennels. We were given 10 minutes only. Everything was fine, my dog was a bit full on because he had been cooped up in the car, but he liked the other dog and they played together quite happily, sussing each other out as they do.

Only when I emailed the RSPCA to confirm my interest, and ask when they would do the home check, was I told that this woman at the kennels had told them that we weren't suitable as she thought my dog would "bully" the other one. Total bollocks. So we were rejected, on the say-so of a person who didn't even work for the RSPCA. And who didn't give the slightest hint to me that she thought there might be a problem. Disgusting way to treat us.

:goodpost:

and especially for you Joely :websleuther:

My best smile ever, Alyce - you have given so much to all of us (along with the team) I can't imagine the past months without your wisdom, you collation of facts, your beautiful thoughts towards Helen and your outrage towards IS. You are so incredibly still in your precision of what you pass by and that which you give voice to. I have always noticed that in a Wow moment - and thank you for for trusting in me in my post xx

A lovely article about Helen, by Alice, the photographer

Remembering Helen Bailey: A tribute to a friend

I met Helen Bailey in August 2015 when I went to take some portraits of her in her home. She was about to launch her latest book which she was very excited about and she needed some new shots for when it was released. She was very sweet and charming and told me at once about her nervousness in front of cameras but that she wanted to be brave and honest –

I shall always remember her for her strength, her determination, her intelligence and above all else her kindness, compassion and love for others and I hope that that will be her legacy.

Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/remembering-helen-bailey-479872#viRMIIBYahQewHcs.99

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/remembering-helen-bailey-479872

'Terrible things can happen to amazing people' - how true and how sad. x

This answer Helen gave in an interview gave me a jolt -

[FONT=&quot]Q: What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?[/FONT]
321.jpg

[FONT=&quot]I still hanker after forensic science or the police force. I've read so many books and watched so many programmes on the subject, I'm positive if they just let me near the crime scene dressed in a fetching white boiler suit and gloves, I'd soon work out whether it was Colonel Mustard with the dagger in the library, or Mrs Peacock with the rope in the ballroom.

[/FONT]
It seems more unreal by the day. Maybe that`s because the more I read about her, as well as her own blogs/written work, the more I feel I know her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne