GUILTY UK - Ian Watkins for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Pontypridd, Wales, 2012

I'm hearing that too, Zweibel. Its only rumour at this stage but if the rumours are true he's never coming out even if he lives to be 100.

Obviously everybody's sympathy is with the children he abused, which is entirely right. But spare a thought also for H from Steps who is being subjected to fierce abuse by idiots on twitter and facebook because his real name is also Ian Watkins. One news site even printed his picture by mistake over an article about the Lost Prophets singer being convicted.

I hope someone brings a big lawsuit on behalf of the victims, against Watkins. Otherwise, when he is released I can see him just taking off abroad somewhere if he has the money to do so. And other children will be at risk, maybe in a country where there isn't much protection.

He is going to be kept in isolation in jail, I'm sure. Any prisoner able to get to Ian Watkins the famous baby rapist is going to be famous for five minutes too. That'll appeal to a few fellow inmates, I would guess.

I'm hearing that too, Zweibel. Its only rumour at this stage but if the rumours are true he's never coming out even if he lives to be 100.

Obviously everybody's sympathy is with the children he abused, which is entirely right. But spare a thought also for H from Steps who is being subjected to fierce abuse by idiots on twitter and facebook because his real name is also Ian Watkins. One news site even printed his picture by mistake over an article about the Lost Prophets singer being convicted.

I know - I saw that pic and didn't even realise it wasn't Watkins as I wasn't that familiar with his face! Poor guy. I'd change my name.

How irresponsible was that to not check properly? I hope he sues the asses off them.

'Police are now investigating...further offences in the US and Germany'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ock-star-Ian-Watkins-jailed-for-35-years.html

http://news.sky.com/story/1184152/ian-watkins-gets-35-years-for-sex-offences

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...s-sentenced-child-sex-offences_n_4458577.html

BBC Radio 4 news item about him on now. Det says he fears there are more victims and they've received further info in last few weeks. Confirms the poss German/US connections.

Ex talking as well.

He did a 'relaxed' interview with the BBC just before the baby rape.

Jo talking. Says 'no matter what I did (re telling police) it was never enough'

Very calm, nice IPPC Commissioner talking about the investigation into S Wales and Bedfordshire police.

She confirms it was just drug tips that led to the arrest - they didn't act on child abuse tips. Says they're looking into 'What the credibility of tips' was.

What a thoughtless thing to say. I think the guilty verdict's already proved those tips had credibility. Police thought the same as a lot of Prophet's fans, imo. Jo was just jealous and a little crazy.

The sentencing remarks were a rough read.

Yup. Truly horrifying. I nearly choked up when it mentioned the lives those babies will now lead, finding out in the future what put them in to foster care in the first place. :tantrum:

One news site even printed his picture by mistake over an article about the Lost Prophets singer being convicted.

respectfully snipped :)

Not even any old news site - friggin' E! Online :banghead:

I hope someone brings a big lawsuit on behalf of the victims, against Watkins. Otherwise, when he is released I can see him just taking off abroad somewhere if he has the money to do so. And other children will be at risk, maybe in a country where there isn't much protection.

RSBM

Gary Glitter was partial to Vietnam and Cambodia. :( I still can't believe Glitter's music is so widely played at major sporting events and in films. He's making millions in royalties and laughing all the way to the pedophile bank. Watkins can expect similar riches. It's wrong, imo.

image.jpg

I posted this to my website. Not a link to this website (nope! I think someone would figure out who I am) but my tumblr. I have a large fanbase of about 18K followers. When I posted the link to the closing remarks and sentencing, I put up a trigger warning. I'm now receiving hate mail - HATE MAIL - from his fans. according to their tumblrs, they *might be 15.

*sigh*

I have a girl I mentor that was the victim for the Blood on the Dance floor incident - which is literally everywhere online. We've talked at length about Ian and how he got away with this.

I wish I could explain how scene music is so much different than rock n' roll or punk. How the crowd is different. How marketing is different and how there are tons of Ian's. I don't think they would rape infants and dogs, but I know many that have had questionable aged girlfriends. Most of which they meet on Warped Tour.

If you're a parent of a teen, I'll tell you the #1 way they get their attention: Twitter. It used to be myspace (most of these bands got their notice during the 2004-2007 myspace days) now it's twitter. Girls tweet insane things at these men who strike up notice of where they live and then get them passes with a plus 1 (meaning one other vip) backstage and onto the bus. Usually the girls are seperated if it looks like one won't be down with what the pedo is into.

Now, not all of these men do it and of course through out history musicians have been with lolita types (Robert Plant anyone?) but social media makes it so much easier for them to scout and groom.

Ian is a very extreme case. I didn't have a lot of interaction with him, I was stuck with him on a very short tour in the UK but not in a way that more than food, passing conversation etc was shared. After it came out (before the arrest) that his ex was online posting proof of him cheating on her with a 16 year old, I made a remark that he reminded me of Ted Bundy. I guess you have to see his eyes up close.

He's truly a psychopath.

Just to update this thread, Ian Watkins was sentenced to 29 years in prison today. He won't be considered for parole until he has served two thirds of that. The two female co-accused were sentenced to 14 years and 17 years respectively.

Police det Peter Doyle says he's certain there are more victims and, because of Watkin's extensive travel, police are also looking for victims in the US and Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25412675

ETA: We have another thread for this case with fuller details;
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194194&highlight=ian+watkins

Police have a huge amount of online stuff to go through, so if anyone can tip them off to any sites they might find useful info at, in the US or elsewhere, it might be appreciated I should think.

(The pics of him make me feel a little ill).

Yup. Truly horrifying. I nearly choked up when it mentioned the lives those babies will now lead, finding out in the future what put them in to foster care in the first place. :tantrum:

I wonder if they're really going to be kept in foster care long-term? That seems like a bleak existence. I'd hoped they would be adopted out.

I can't help feeling sorry for the grandparents who will probably never see these children again.

It's my understanding everyone is aware of the website he's on - it's a "Shame site". When where people post people never to date. IF I knew anything at all that would be of any use, i'd say something - as would my comrades. Unless the girls decide to come forward, nothing will come of it. Unless he had video after gigs in his bus/hotel room. That sounds like the case here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back