UK - James Markham, 45, killed outside East London home, 2 teens arrested, Aug 2021

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Luwin, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Luwin

Luwin Well-Known Member

A 14-year-old boy has been charged with murdering a married father of three who was stabbed to death outside his home in north-east London.

James Markham, 45, died on Monday night allegedly trying to defend his daughter in Churchill Terrace, Chingford.

James Markham killing: Boy, 14, charged with murder

JuicyLucy, dotr, Skigh and 1 other person like this.

2. Luwin

Luwin Well-Known Member

3. Luwin

Luwin Well-Known Member

I'm having one of those days when all these deaths seem so desperately unnecessary. Really so sad

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

I read about this incident yesterday, before anyone was arrested, and thought exactly the same thing. The poor guy only went to his front door to see off a bunch of teenage boys who were harrassing his daughter and her friend. The friend knew one of the boys from school. I guess a bit of banter had been exchanged. And then the next thing you know, he's dead on the ground, his wife is screaming, and the whole neighbourhood is caught up in something no one who was there will ever forget.

It's partly about weapons and urban youth culture, but it seems to me that this particular case is also partly about the toxic culture of male-on-female harrassment that just seems to get worse and worse, and I think it's much bigger than just being a matter for the criminal justice system. I think the boys are victims of it too - they aren't born behaving this way.

It seems there's been a second arrest now, and probably more to come. What a waste.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/east-london-news/two-boys-14-arrested-after-21290576

JMO

5. Luwin

Luwin Well-Known Member

I think social media plays a huge part with kids/young adults. Everyone's location is so accessible, everything is visible and there is no escape from harassment (in my own opinion).

Marg from Oz and Legally Bland like this.
  6. Luwin

Luwin Well-Known Member

Marg from Oz and Legally Bland like this.