Found Deceased UK - Jamie Grimwood, 23, Abandoned vehicle in Flint, from Runcorn, 23 Aug 2021

Thank you for the links Parmalade but they do not work for me - can anyone else see info on the seized front brake or railway CCTV and SIM card or have a better link?

Thank you for the links Parmalade but they do not work for me - can anyone else see info on the seized front brake or railway CCTV and SIM card or have a better link?

I can't help you with the links, I'm afraid, but are you aware that there are several tabs on the Finding Jamie Grimwood facebook page? People seem to be posting in both the "Discussion" and the "Announcements" tabs. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but it caught me out for several days - I was only looking in the "Discussion" tab.

OK thanks I did the same thing and now can see more on FB. I guess it is all going to be pretty speculative on this case unless they decide to release a bit more information and maybe some of the CCTV/ANPR camera footage.

Have you seen these items?

As part of our ongoing investigation into missing 23-year-old Jamie, we are appealing to anyone who has come across any of the following three items:

• Set of Audi car keys (seen in CCTV)
• A Halifax bank card
• A large black e-cigarette

Jamie has been missing from the Runcorn area since Monday, August 23rd.

He is 5ft 9”, has dark blond hair and is understood to be wearing an Under Armour black hoodie, black shorts and black trainers.

He was last seen on CCTV arriving at the Esso service station in Connah’s Quay at 7.36pm on August 23rd, before driving off in the direction of Flint.

At 8.14pm that evening, Jamie’s car – a dark grey Audi A3 (LG02 JAY) - was then seen entering the Logistics car park, next to the fire station, on Chester Road, Flint.

The car was found unattended in the car park the following morning.

Anyone who has come across any of the items, or anyone with dashcam footage who was driving along Chester Road on August 23rd from around 7.45pm and thinks they may have seen Jamie, or his car (LG02 JAY), is urged to get in touch as soon as possible on 101, or via the website, quoting iTrace reference 39334.

Have you seen these items?

SBM for focus.
Useful bit of CCTV published on FB by police, thanks. I wish we had more at the beginning and end. JG seems to do something on the passenger side of the car before he locks it remotely without looking around.
The entrance is interesting - JG seems to expect the other door to open. If you had never been to a place before, would you read the signs on the door to figure out which one was going to open? But JG seems to expect the other door to open and then corrects. This petrol station appears to have been completely rebuilt since 2018 (you can still see the old one on Google Street View, but Google maps shows the new layout), before that it was a Spar grocery. So MOO JG could have stopped there before but not after it was rebuilt as a Sainsbury’s on the go. Although ‘leaving in a hurry’ from Runcorn JG opts to drive further down the A494 to take the slower B5129 instead of the faster and quicker route from Runcorn to Flint via Shotwick road.
MOO then, the stop for the SIM was planned using old knowledge of the area and purchasing the SIM was a necessary part of the trip.

Streetview (old) Google Maps

Overhead (new) Google Maps

JG left in a rush, in his car that had issues. He left with the spare tyre on and had to stop and change it, and when the car was found it had brake problems. He had an MOT booked which was already overdue - according to gov.uk car tax checker, the MOT for LG02 JAY ran out on 22/07/2021. Had JG been driving the car with these issues prior to leaving on 23rd August? If he hadn't, it makes it more concerning that he decided to drive it when he left, as if he had to risk it to get away quickly.

Is there any information on what JG does for work? I wonder if it's normal for him to use different SIM cards or if he needed to change his number quickly for some reason. Maybe he intended to use the new SIM to let someone in his family know he was okay. The SIM was found in his abandoned car though. Is there any mention of his phone? Police have stated they are looking for his vape cig and car keys but not his phone. Why would he buy a SIM if he didn't have his phone?

Could he have found himself in some trouble and had to leave until things cooled off? But if that was the case and someone had come looking for him, family and friends would have been approached and surely they'd tell the Police about it.

MOO
It's a strange case, hope he's okay

JG left in a rush ... I wonder if it's normal for him to use different SIM cards or if he needed to change his number quickly for some reason. Maybe he intended to use the new SIM to let someone in his family know he was okay. The SIM was found in his abandoned car though. Is there any mention of his phone? ...
Could he have found himself in some trouble and had to leave until things cooled off? But if that was the case and someone had come looking for him, family and friends would have been approached and surely they'd tell the Police about it.
Edited by me for focus.

The need to leave in a hurry and the purchase of the SIM card certainly raise questions, and I don't have any answers to those. Jamie's phone was found in the car, and is now in the possession of the police. Did he also leave his car in a hurry? The newly-purchased SIM had not been removed from its packaging. Maybe Jamie has another phone on him. So few answers to any of this at the moment.

Kimberly Johnson, one of the admins on the ‘Finding Jamie Grimwood’ FB page has posted a dossier-like FAQ <Finding Jamie Grimwood>
The family has used a physical map to plot the search areas so at this time only they know where searches have been made and it's all been a bit random with individuals posting on the FB page where they looked and then those posts are deleted by the admins once they are added to their map.

Noticed that this newspaper article includes the quote “On the CCTV it showed him trying to do whatever, trying to take the wheel off."

It's a bit vaguely worded. It probably refers to CCTV footage that was taken while Jamie was parked in the petrol station where he bought the water. Subsequent statements have made it clear that he did not change his wheel there - the space-saver tyre was still on his car when it left the petrol station.

One of the strange aspects of this case is that no-one seems to have seen him change the wheel. The wheel change happened between 19:46 and 20:14, which suggests to me that he didn't waste time by travelling far from the Tesco where his car was last seen on the open road - no more than a few hundred yards would be my guess.

Tonight sadly we have found Jamie and unfortunately it wasn't the result we had all hoped for.

We are unsure what led up to Jamie's final moments, and are deeply saddened by this.

As a Family we are so very grateful for all the help and support we have received from everybody.

We would like to now take some time as a family and hope everybody can appreciate this.

Thank you all again from the bottom of our hearts ❤️❤️.

RIP Jamie , fly high with the angels.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk