Found Deceased UK - Janet Edwards, 66, Beechwood Court, Hereford, 10 Dec 2021

Sad news from the west Mercia police Facebook press statement

A body located in the River Wye in Netherton and recovered by officers searching for a missing woman from Hereford, has been formally identified.

Sadly, the body found yesterday morning has been confirmed to be Janet Edwards.

Janet was reported missing late last year and her next of kin have been informed.

Detective Chief Inspector Emma Whitworth said: "We know there has been a huge amount of hope in finding Janet safe and well, and we are deeply saddened by the outcome.

"I would like to express my thanks to the community for all of their support with our search for Janet over the past three months. Our thoughts go out to Janet's family and friends as this very difficult time."

Janet’s family have asked that their privacy is respected at this time.

NEWS | Body found in River Wye confirmed as that of missing Hereford woman Janet Edwards | Herefordshire’s Independent Source of News & Information

Edited to add link

Such sad news, my thoughts are with Janet's family and friends today.

Also to all of those volunteers and the members of the Wye Valley Runners Club who spent many a weekend in their search for Janet during those cold days in December and January.

13566446.jpg

Lovely, happy photo. I hope this is how Janet will be remembered. RIP x

Police confirm body found in search for missing Hereford woman Janet Edwards

At least everyone (especially her family and friends) have closure now. It's very sad she was in a state of mind to take her own life. You never know what's going through someone's mind. RIP.

I then started thinking about Richard Okorogheye, who disappeared and was eventually, having committed suicide, in a large pond in Epping Forest, Essex......over 2 hours from his home in west London.

Was Richard’s cause of death ever released? Google isn’t showing anything.

Was Richard’s cause of death ever released? Google isn’t showing anything.
Not that I'm aware of. I followed the case for a while after he was found, but it all went quiet.

The post-mortem analysis found no signs of trauma or assault, but other than stating that, nothing else was ever released to the public.
The case was still pending further investigations (as of April 2021) and still no further updates since then.

However, his mother believes it wasn't suicide, and that he was lured to his death by others. (Although personally, I think evidence indicates otherwise.)

Mother does not believe son took his own life

Not that I'm aware of. I followed the case for a while after he was found, but it all went quiet.

The post-mortem analysis found no signs of trauma or assault, but other than stating that, nothing else was ever released to the public.
The case was still pending further investigations (as of April 2021) and still no further updates since then.

However, his mother believes it wasn't suicide, and that he was lured to his death by others. (Although personally, I think evidence indicates otherwise.)

Mother does not believe son took his own life

His thread is here
Found Deceased - UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 March 2021 #2

The family of Janet Edwards have paid tribute to their ‘extraordinary’ mother and have thanked the community for their continued support.

The 66-year-old was reported missing in December 2021 and saw the community pull together to help in the search for Janet.

Sadly on Thursday 10 March it was confirmed that a body recovered from the River Wye in Netherton was that of Janet.

Janet's family said: “Janet was a wonderful and extraordinary mother, partner and friend. She had a long career as a nurse, in which she was sincerely valued and respected by her colleagues and patients. She will be dearly missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing her.

“We would like to convey our heartfelt thanks to all those who helped in the search for Janet, and have supported us since her tragic disappearance.

“The investigation and searches conducted by the police were exceptionally thorough and extensive, and were clearly undertaken with great proficiency. We are also overwhelmingly grateful for the efforts of friends and the members of the public who volunteered to assist with searches.

“Importantly, we thank and applaud the West Midlands Search and Rescue Service, whose volunteers are highly skilled and devote their weekends to carrying out this often dangerous work. Their dedication and bravery is nothing short of heroic.”

The family would like to ensure that all who have assisted, paid tribute, and expressed their kindness and support during this difficult time are able to attend Janet’s funeral. Therefore, the family have asked West Mercia Police to release that the funeral will take place on Wednesday 6 April at 2pm at St Nicholas’ Church in Hereford.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back