Found Deceased UK - Jesus Moreno, 41, Spanish co-founder of Piglove Brewing Co in Leeds, W Yorks, last seen getting bus to Harrogate at 6.17am, 1 Aug 2022

Appeals have been launched by West Yorkshire Police and Piglove Brewery Co. to help find the missing Leeds man Jesus Moreno. Mr Moreno, co-owner of the brewery, has not been seen since August 1.

Yesterday (Monday, August 8), West Yorkshire Police issued new images of Mr Moreno to help trace him. Marcos, the co-owner of Piglove Brewing Co. has been urging his business partner to reach out.

He told Leeds Live : "The only thing we care about is for him to come back, or to reach out if he needs any help. He lost his phone the day before so we just want him to reach out in any way he can. Here is everything we know so far about the disappearance of Mr Moreno.Friend's desperate plea to find missing Leeds man last seen getting on bus
  • Mr Moreno was last seen at Leeds bus station at 6.10am on Monday, August 1.
  • He boarded the number 36 bus to Harrogate with no phone during the early hours of the morning.
  • Mr Moreno got off the bus on the A61 Harrogate Road in the vicinity of Swindon Lane at 6.39am.
    • He was seen on CCTV near Harewood Bridge at 8.14am on that morning.
    • He was said to be in 'good spirits' and there was no logical reason he would go to Harrogate.
    • Marcos said Jesus went out on Sunday night and returned home around 11.30pm.
    • CCTV saw Jesus walking around Leeds at 5.17am.
Interesting to read that JR’s business partner says Jesus went home at 11.30pm on Sunday night. But unless they live together, how can he be sure? Another small detail: JR may well be Venezuelan, rather than Spanish (or have dual nationality)

Interesting to read that JR’s business partner says Jesus went home at 11.30pm on Sunday night. But unless they live together, how can he be sure? Another small detail: JR may well be Venezuelan, rather than Spanish (or have dual nationality)

JR?

He may have been with him, or it was gleaned from his wife.

Why do you think he would be Venezuelan? He most definitely is Spanish.

Sorry I meant JM. The web link I posted above reads:

“The brewery was established in 2019 by Venezuelan friends Marcos Ramirez and Jesus Moreno. ‘Piglove’ comes from the Venezuelan expression ‘cochino amor’, which is used to describe love for something that is so big, raw and passionate that it becomes filthy and absurd.”

He may well have dual nationality

10 days already :(

Many people on FB seem to comment that they have spotted him in various locations but unfortunately those possible sightings can’t be taken for granted this time, either, until the official update.

Piglove brewing company is asking for any dashcam/CCTV footage from Monday 1st of August on A61 Harrogate Road between 8 and 9 am around the Harewood Bridge area.

Sorry I meant JM. The web link I posted above reads:

“The brewery was established in 2019 by Venezuelan friends Marcos Ramirez and Jesus Moreno. ‘Piglove’ comes from the Venezuelan expression ‘cochino amor’, which is used to describe love for something that is so big, raw and passionate that it becomes filthy and absurd.”

He may well have dual nationality

That is incorrect. Only Ramirez is from Venezuela. Moreno is Spanish as per his own information to HMRC.

That is incorrect. Only Ramirez is from Venezuela. Moreno is Spanish as per his own information to HMRC.
As said before, he could have dual nationality but have used his Spanish passport to start a business in the UK. Is anyone who knows JM and reading this thread able to confirm?

As said before, he could have dual nationality but have used his Spanish passport to start a business in the UK. Is anyone who knows JM and reading this thread able to confirm?

Companies House states Spanish

Yes, I saw that, but a lot of Venezuelans have Spanish origins and dual nationality, that’s all I’m saying. Totally irrelevant to Jm’s disappearance in any case. I wish I’d never brought it up tbh

Jesus Moreno: Friends looking for missing Piglove Brewing Co founder issue map of key search routes​

The business partner of a Leeds brewery founder who has been missing for 12 days has released a map of the key routes being searched by volunteers.​

Marcus Ramirez hopes it will help friends, colleagues and others to navigate the area in which Jesus Moreno was last spotted should they wish to help look for him.

The search began on Monday August 1 after Jesus left his house to attend work at Piglove Brewing Co but he never arrived.

West Yorkshire Police later received CCTV footage that showed him at a bus stop between Harrogate Road and Weeton Lane on the day he went missing.
Now 12 days into the search, efforts are becoming more focused as awareness of the search is growing by the day.

Those close to Jesus have created the map to help steer helpers around the vast rural landscape where the last sighting of Jesus was recorded.
The footage was retrieved in the area of Harewood House and no evidence has yet been found to suggest he has left that area.

Marcus said: "We're searching that area because we've both been there a few times in the last three months. The CCTV confirms he was in the area, especially near the nice river.

"We've had helicopters out with heat sensor guns, we've had divers in rivers and dogs in the woods. We can't seem to find anything which can be seen as a good thing. There is no proof he has left the area so we need to keep looking.

"The police are currently reviewing more CCTV recently retrieved from the area so we are also waiting to find out the results of that. Another diving team is heading in to the rivers today and we are all continuing to walk drive and search until we get this sorted and find my friend."

Marcus added that there is an arts festival taking place nearby this weekend, so volunteers will be handing out flyers there to urge anyone with any information to come forward.

Anyone who has information or footage that may help with the search should ring police on 101, quoting reference number 13220422334.

Jesus Moreno: Friends looking for missing Piglove Brewing Co founder issue map of key search routes​

The business partner of a Leeds brewery founder who has been missing for 12 days has released a map of the key routes being searched by volunteers.​

Marcus Ramirez hopes it will help friends, colleagues and others to navigate the area in which Jesus Moreno was last spotted should they wish to help look for him.

The search began on Monday August 1 after Jesus left his house to attend work at Piglove Brewing Co but he never arrived.

West Yorkshire Police later received CCTV footage that showed him at a bus stop between Harrogate Road and Weeton Lane on the day he went missing.
Now 12 days into the search, efforts are becoming more focused as awareness of the search is growing by the day.

Those close to Jesus have created the map to help steer helpers around the vast rural landscape where the last sighting of Jesus was recorded.
The footage was retrieved in the area of Harewood House and no evidence has yet been found to suggest he has left that area.

Marcus said: "We're searching that area because we've both been there a few times in the last three months. The CCTV confirms he was in the area, especially near the nice river.

"We've had helicopters out with heat sensor guns, we've had divers in rivers and dogs in the woods. We can't seem to find anything which can be seen as a good thing. There is no proof he has left the area so we need to keep looking.

"The police are currently reviewing more CCTV recently retrieved from the area so we are also waiting to find out the results of that. Another diving team is heading in to the rivers today and we are all continuing to walk drive and search until we get this sorted and find my friend."

Marcus added that there is an arts festival taking place nearby this weekend, so volunteers will be handing out flyers there to urge anyone with any information to come forward.

Anyone who has information or footage that may help with the search should ring police on 101, quoting reference number 13220422334.

I have to wonder if the police have considered calling on the services of Lowland Rescue and Mountain Rescue. I know it's not mountainous but MR do far more than mountains. I wouldn't cost the police anything and I know the volunteer rescue teams would be more than happy to assist.

Yes, I saw that, but a lot of Venezuelans have Spanish origins and dual nationality, that’s all I’m saying. Totally irrelevant to Jm’s disappearance in any case. I wish I’d never brought it up tbh

Hey @AcbMurders, I'm always thinking out loud....it's a sign of higher intelligence, apparently! ;)

I'd be looking in the River Wharfe, as I said before.

View attachment 359288

Divers, not sure where from, have been searching the river, according to the article. Although after 4-5 days in water, generally bank observations, with boat support for recovery would suffice.

I'd be looking in the River Wharfe, as I said before.

View attachment 359288

It's a shame that there is not professional search support. This search plan from the place last seen, is far from optimal and needs input from a trained search manager.

If someone is going to find a body after this time, it is always preferable that it is an emergency service worker or trained search technician, rather than family, friends, children or a member of the public out walking the dog, which is surprisingly common.

We constantly hear of people missing in or near water and divers find nothing - only for a body to be found some weeks later in the same vicinity in the water. Two such cases:

We constantly hear of people missing in or near water and divers find nothing - only for a body to be found some weeks later in the same vicinity in the water. Two such cases:

A local has told me the river Wharfe is fairly shallow at the moment in that area. The dangerous stretch is approx 30 miles upstream apparently This is why the River Wharfe is much more dangerous to swim in than most people realise

That’s not to say JM might have come into difficulties elsewhere along the River Wharfe, regardless of depth.

The dangerous stretch is approx 30 miles upstream apparently

Just north of Bolton Abbey is the section you mention.....the Strid (as in stride), where it's only a large step/small jump across.

PLEASE DON'T TRY IT AND KEEP AWAY FROM THE BANK....WHERE THE STONES ARE SLIPPERY WITH MOSS

The width of the River Wharf at this point is suddenly turned on its side due to the geology.....believed over 200 feet deep.

The banks are hugely undercut with caves.

The sudden increase in depth sucks the water down and anything solid (people and dogs etc) with it, which then gets pushed outward, because of the nature of hydrology, and the object gets caught under the ledges or in the caves.

It looks easy....but one slip, trip, fall or if the undercut bank gave way and most likely it's goodnight!

Sudden flash floods have been known too....also fatal. Not trying to put you off.....honest.....knowledge is power.

Dogs are best on a lead and children suitably warned and held firmly

Last edited:
I have to wonder if the police have considered calling on the services of Lowland Rescue and Mountain Rescue. I know it's not mountainous but MR do far more than mountains. I wouldn't cost the police anything and I know the volunteer rescue teams would be more than happy to assist.

@Whitehall 1212 Might it be worth you contacting JM’s business partner with these suggestions? He and JM’s family might be able to put some more pressure on the relevant authorities to do more. They’d welcome your input IMO.

Posters have been put up looking for missing man Jesus Moreno

Searches are continuing for missing man Jesus Moreno who disappeared more than two weeks ago after catching a bus bound for Harrogate.

The brewer was spotted on CCTV catching a 36 bus from Leeds bus station at 6.10am on Monday, August 1.

He got off the bus at Swindon Lane near Dunkeswick, just north of Harewood bridge on the A61, at 6.39am. He was then seen on CCTV near the bridge at 8.14am.

Images released by West Yorkshire Police of missing man, Jesus Moreno.Images released by West Yorkshire Police of missing man Jesus Moreno

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police today said there have been no further sightings of him since then and officers are continuing to appeal for information from anyone who may have seen him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back