GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can they not conclude whether she ate the pizza? Surely the contents of her stomach can prove this either way?

This would be true as long as she was not held hostage for a time, allowing her stomach to empty, with her body dumped on the verge long after the police assume it was. And with everything else apparently going wrong with the investigation, who knows.

The other thing I remembered that I wanted to comment on. I don't know why LE seems fixated with the suspension bridge. From looking at the picture below, it seems that there is another bridge further along the river that could have been used:

_50638464_jo_yeates_4bristol464.jpg

Since very early on when Joanna was first reported missing i have often looked back at the phone call with her so-called best friend who must live near Jo's parents in Ampsfield i assume ?? We are assuming this woman Rebecca Scott was actually in Ampsfield that evening ?? I wonder if the police have checked her GPS just to be on the safe side ?

When i realised she lived in Ampsfield (near Jo's parents) i wrote her off at first, however tho - after doing an AA route finder it only takes 1hr 54min to get to Bristol, which isnt that much of a journey. For some reason i think all the clues to solving this murder were there from the beginning, the last person to speak to Joanna Yeates that we definitely know of surely mustnt be ruled out ??

Also we dont know what day or time she was murdered Fri/Sat/Sun , but it seems more than likely its was Friday night & the body probably dumped before Saturday morning owing to the amount of snow that day - i am of the opinion she was dumped before the snow came down, which for the murderer was a stroke of luck.

Please remember these routefinder stats are often not acurate as neither are Sat Nav's, often i can take 20mins off the predicted time when i set off on a clear journey. If anyone can confirm where Rebecca Scott lives & her wherabouts on the evening of Dec 17th we may have a breakthrough. I agree with a few others on here that the murderer could be a female, her motive we dont know ?? Jealousy ?? Maybe ?

joyeates1.jpg

Rebecca Scott (Left) Joanna Yeates (Right)

http://swns.com/last-person-to-spea...ng-bristol-womans-christmas-plans-221230.html

amptobrist.jpg

http://www.theaa.com

Also following on from my last post, the distance from Bristol to Sheffield is almost double that from Ampsfield - so for all of you that still think it could of been her boyfriend Gregg Rearden please compare the distances & the odds of which it could of been ??

Bristol to Sheffield

brishef.jpg

+ Also it has been mentioned but i cannot confirm this that Gregg Rearden drove what seems to be something like an open back Army truck ?? He would of been lucky to of got 50 mph out of that vehicle, so if he left at 7pm he wouldnt of arrived at Sheffield till well after midnight at least ??

peter-stanley-yeates.jpg

Greggs Vehicle ?? Would you drive to Sheffield on a freezing cold night of sub zero temperatures at 50mph in this vehicle ??

He must of been wearing a spacesuit to stay warm !!!

I read that she is currently studying at The University of Wales - I think it was Swansea campus. That would make it easy for her to get to Bristol however I do not believe she did it.

Re: the car, I also read it was the next door neighbours, not Gregs.

This would be true as long as she was not held hostage for a time, allowing her stomach to empty, with her body dumped on the verge long after the police assume it was.

Good point.

But LE also mentioned the snow fall which apparently only happened on the 17th / 18th so her body must have been dumped that evening - The Guardian:

The discovery gave officers another crime scene and, of course, the body itself. The snow was a blessing and curse. It meant that any biological evidence would have had a better chance of surviving. The conditions also helped narrow down when the body was left there – it was covered in snow suggesting strongly it was dumped on the weekend she disappeared because that was when the snow fell in Bristol.

But the state of the body also meant the postmortem took longer because the pathologist had to wait for it to unfreeze naturally - a desperate delay for detectives wanting to know how and when Yeates died.

During their press conference police were careful to hold back details. They would not say, for example, if tests showed she had eaten the pizza she bought from Tesco. Though the body was clothed they would not say if Yeates had a coat on.

I think they know if she ate the pizza or not but are keeping it back as it may well only be something the killer might know.

Here's the Mail on today's pronouncements:

Joanna murder police in desperate hunt for driver of 'light-coloured 4x4' seen close to where body was dumped

The driver of a light-coloured 4x4 seen near to where the body of Joanna Yeates was dumped was today urged by police to come forward.

Detectives hunting the 25-year-old's killer said the car was seen 'driving slowly' along the Bristol lane where Miss Yeates was found on Christmas Day.

But Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones, of Avon and Somerset Police, revealed the hunt for the car was just one of hundreds of lines of enquiry his team of 70 officers were following up.

He said officers had also trawled through 293 tonnes of rubbish in a desperate hunt for a missing pizza box at the centre of their murder investigation.

They believe the wrapper may hold a vital clue about how Miss Yeates died.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tonnes-rubbish-hunt-killer.html#ixzz19zRWV962

Sky news.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...vestigation:_Police_News_Conference_Under_Way

He said: "I am satisfied that Jo got back to her flat but I'm not able to speculate whether she let somebody into the flat, whether somebody was already in there or whether someone broke into the flat.

Looks like they think J/Y did return to her flat that night, they don't say she went outside her flat that night, but I just had a thought, what if she let the cat out, it might not have returned and she was outside calling for it around the house.

Police also looking for light-coloured 4x4 vehicle, I wonder if they are now looking for a killer who has struck before and not been found out.

Copied from WikipediaLinks to other cases

Police have not ruled out links with the murder of estate agent Suzy Lamplugh and the case of a serial sex attacker in Bath, nicknamed the "Batman rapist" after he left a baseball cap bearing a Batman logo at the scene of one attack.[21][22] The unknown assailant is known to have attempted to carjack a woman at knifepoint, leaving her wounded when she fought back and managed to escape, in the same area of the city a few hours before Hall was abducted.[23][24] The case has also been compared with the 2010 murder of Joanna Yeates in Bristol.[25][26] Police have admitted there were similarities with the cases of Yeates and Claudia Lawrence, another blonde British woman who disappeared in 2009, but said that they have not yet found direct evidence to link them.[27]
well just some thoughts.

I read that she is currently studying at The University of Wales - I think it was Swansea campus. That would make it easy for her to get to Bristol however I do not believe she did it.

Re: the car, I also read it was the next door neighbours, not Gregs.

Swansea to Bristol

swanbris.jpg

According to the routefinder this journey is 3miles longer than if travelling from Ampfield, yet 24min faster due to the speed limit (motorway 70mph) being faster. Total est journey was 1hr 30min, & i would say take at least 15mins off that & we are looking at just over an hour.

Yes it is very much possible she could of made this journey easily that evening after the phone call.

Put it like this, if this murder was not committed by CJ or GR then i would be making RS my prime suspect.

Good point.

But LE also mentioned the snow fall which apparently only happened on the 17th / 18th so her body must have been dumped that evening - The Guardian:

I think they know if she ate the pizza or not but are keeping it back as it may well only be something the killer might know.

I found it interesting that they keep emphasizing the pizza. To paraphrase what was said in the presser, "details around the pizza and cider are all relevant." (It's almost like they are sending a signal to the perp that he should be nervous...that this was the perp's big mistake.)

Regarding whether she had eaten it, I don't think they know yet. They said it was not clear whether Jo had eaten it or not and that they were working with experts to determine whether she had. They implied the forensics were lengthy due to the condition of the body. I guess they could be deliberately lying. LE has done it before in order to advance their case and he did say at the beginning of the conference call that he had to be somewhat guarded in what he could say.

Unrelated to the pizza, he said, "... I'm not able to speculate whether she let somebody into the flat, whether somebody was already in there or whether someone broke into the flat." I might be reading too much into this, but all of these scenarios involve someone entering her flat. Does that mean that that is what they believe happened?

Good point.

I live about 60 miles from bristol and there was a second heavy snowfall on the night of the 20th which was heavier than the snow the night of the 17th not sure if it was the same there or not.

Also i havent noticed anyone pick up on the Police have named this investigation 'Operation Braid' perhaps the word 'Braid' has a clue to what they know or possibly have as a piece of evidence ??

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braid

I live about 60 miles from bristol and there was a second heavy snowfall on the night of the 20th which was heavier than the snow the night of the 17th not sure if it was the same there or not.

According to this, Bristol does seem to have received snowfall on the 20th:

SNOW UPDATES: Monday, 20th December

10:14, Heavy Snow is currently falling in Bristol. First Bus currently say that all services are operating in Bristol with some delays.

http://arrowbristolnews.com/2010/12/20/snow-updates-monday-20th-december/

10cm Of Snow Expected In Bristol
Monday, December 20th 2010 12:15

http://www.jackbristol.com/newscentre/bristols-news/10cm-of-snow-expected-in-bristol-5315

...(snipped)...

Put it like this, if this murder was not committed by Chris Jefferies or G**** R****** then i would be making R****** S**** my prime suspect.

????

I don't see any reason for this at all... Sorry - don't mean to be disrespectful, but there seem to be many other folks on the periphery - if not right smack in the middle - of this case that come to mind before a friend she spoke to by phone.

(I redacted the names above)

According to this, Bristol does seem to have received snowfall on the 20th:

SNOW UPDATES: Monday, 20th December

10:14, Heavy Snow is currently falling in Bristol. First Bus currently say that all services are operating in Bristol with some delays.

http://arrowbristolnews.com/2010/12/20/snow-updates-monday-20th-december/

10cm Of Snow Expected In Bristol
Monday, December 20th 2010 12:15

http://www.jackbristol.com/newscentre/bristols-news/10cm-of-snow-expected-in-bristol-5315

This could prove your pizza digestion theory then and the body being dumped later. I thought Bristol would have had more snow, so well spotted!

This could prove your pizza digestion theory then and the body being dumped later. I thought Bristol would have had more snow, so well spotted!

I thought it had snowed again and looked for it last night but only found snow on the 18th. The internet isn't exactly o'er-brimming with sites recording yesterday's snowfall amounts! (Still haven't found an exact total fall for this second snow.)

As for the pizza, I put it in a long line of "Hmmm....evidently the constabulary was off the mark on Jefferies - so what else may they have wrong?" Very possibly they have much right, but I was all set to believe they had their man and thus everything comes into play again when it appears perhaps they didn't.

????

I don't see any reason for this at all... Sorry - don't mean to be disrespectful, but there seem to be many other folks on the periphery - if not right smack in the middle - of this case that come to mind before a friend she spoke to by phone.

(I redacted the names above)

Dont forget it is the Police that have said they believe Joanna most probably knew her killer - We can only go by & summise by the information that we know of, the only info that seemed to slip the net was from Joanna's father when he said when they saw the flat they knew something had happend ??

They may have much more information than they have let on so far, maybe even a used condom - we just dont know ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks