GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been discussed where TM was on the 17th Dec.?

ps: WS's has it's own Forensic Astro forum. A chart was done for JY's return home on the 17th Dec. & another for VT. Just so you know if anyone is interested.

Hi thanks do you have a link

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/224745/Jo-Yeates-Vincent-Tabak-s-innocent-says-family

VINCENT TABAK’S INNOCENT, SAYS FAMILY

Asked if he had visited his family over Christmas, Ilse, who lives in Amersfoort, near Utrecht, said: “I can’t comment on that now. I really, really want to leave it at this. We don’t know anything. We haven’t heard anything from him.

“The only thing I can say is he is a very nice, sociable guy.” His brother Marcel said from his home in Doornenburg: “I think they have got it wrong. He is a lovely man. I can’t imagine he would do anything like this.”

Be SURE you have read the WS TOS before you continue posting in this thread.

If you see a post that violates the TOS - report it by hitting the little red triangle (Alert button) in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

Bickering, name calling, snarky & rude remarks will NOT be tolerated.

Do NOT tell others what to post.

Do NOT discuss moderation. If you have a question, PM a mod (you can find them via 'View Forum Leaders') or use the Alert button.

Timeouts WILL be recommended for those who cannot or will not adhere to the WS TOS.

'Thank' this post so we know you have read it.

Hi thanks do you have a link

I've never mastered how to link pages in WS's. But I can tell you to go the bottom of this page to "forum jump" & scroll up to Forensic Astro forum. It's right above "Missing!!"

His elder sister Ilse, 48, described him as a “very nice, sociable guy” but declined to clear up the mystery of where he celebrated Christmas

Does one need a passport to travel between EU countries? Surely there'll be CCTV footage of him at an airport.

Airports were closed in London on Dec 19 due to snow. Either he left on Dec 17, or he was most likely snowed in for a few days ... the roads were bad, the busses around Bristol were shut down for a period of time due to ice, and cycling wasn't an option. As far as I know a passport has to be shown when crossing EU borders. Did he walk to the train station and if so, where did he go? How far did he get in the snow?

In one of the articles ... There was a brief comment from the neighbour of the mother who said that she did not see him during the Christmas vacation ... but that she had heard about him and his accomplishments from his mother.

Is it possible that police believed that Tabak, at first ruled out, returned to the Netherlands on the 19th ... as that is what he said ... but that in fact it wasn't possible ... but that he instead began staying at a friend's flat and it had only recently been learned that he was there all along ... and then police began surveillance? Just speculating ... and then maybe his girlfriend asked him some telling questions before she sobbingly called police ... and then he decided at 2 in the morning that he needed to clear out - although he was not arrested until 6 or 6:30 in the morning? Didn't the girlfriend change the facebook status the afternoon before he was picked up, or was it the afternoon on the day he was picked up?

When reports of Joanna being transported out of the house in a bag were released ... could that have been because the girlfriend said that not only were there irregularities in his story (Eindhoven/Bristol for Christmas), but maybe a large bag had been moved or was missing. Could Tabak's timeline be pinned down to the point where he was more easily identified near the bridge on CCTV with a large bag in his front seat?

I understand that this is some sort of comment that Tabak gave to reporters last weekend? If this isn't trying to establish an alibi ... or redefine time according to what he wants people to believe ...

"MURDER suspect Vincent Tabak gave his only press interview to the Sunday Express when he spoke outside his home, where he lived in the flat next door to Joanna Yeates.

Dressed in tight-fitting cycling shorts, a yellow fluorescent jacket and a grey cycling helmet, the 32-year-old architect was keen to stop and talk last weekend and told how everyone in the area was very sad about Joanna’s death.

He said since she disappeared he had only been back to the flat at weekends. He had been cycling in the Clifton area, before briefly popping into his flat in Canynge Road, which joined on to Joanna’s basement apartment.

“I only come back here at weekends for now with all the upset,” he explained. “I wasn’t here on the night she went missing, I was away and I don’t know anyone who saw or heard anything.

“It’s very upsetting that something like this has happened. This is a nice, safe, friendly area.

Vincent Tabak gave his only press interview to the Sunday Express

“The feeling around here is not a nice one now, it’s as if the area has been blighted by what happened. We are all very sad about it, and although I didn’t know Miss Yeates, I am deeply saddened by what *happened.”

Ref: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...-Yeates-Day-I-met-Vincent-Tabak#ixzz1Bq1FSFLA

As far as astrology thinks go, I think it's great that we thought it was important to look at the floorplans ... as there was something about proximity that hung over this investigation. Removing a fully clothed woman from a murder scene (we know she made it home, and that she did not appear to voluntarily leave due to keys left behind in the flat) is a bizarre and puzzling thing ... when the boyfriend has been ruled out. Who else, what stranger, would want to remove a person from the place where she was murdered, and scarf a pizza on the way out ... but the neighbour? Who else wants to obfuscate the scene of the crime but someone that lives right there.

I understand that this is some sort of comment that Tabak gave to reporters last weekend? If this isn't trying to establish an alibi ... or redefine time according to what he wants people to believe ...

"MURDER suspect Vincent Tabak gave his only press interview to the Sunday Express when he spoke outside his home, where he lived in the flat next door to Joanna Yeates.

Dressed in tight-fitting cycling shorts, a yellow fluorescent jacket and a grey cycling helmet, the 32-year-old architect was keen to stop and talk last weekend and told how everyone in the area was very sad about Joanna’s death.

He said since she disappeared he had only been back to the flat at weekends. He had been cycling in the Clifton area, before briefly popping into his flat in Canynge Road, which joined on to Joanna’s basement apartment.

“I only come back here at weekends for now with all the upset,” he explained. “I wasn’t here on the night she went missing, I was away and I don’t know anyone who saw or heard anything.

“It’s very upsetting that something like this has happened. This is a nice, safe, friendly area.

Vincent Tabak gave his only press interview to the Sunday Express

“The feeling around here is not a nice one now, it’s as if the area has been blighted by what happened. We are all very sad about it, and although I didn’t know Miss Yeates, I am deeply saddened by what *happened.”

Ref: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...-Yeates-Day-I-met-Vincent-Tabak#ixzz1Bq1FSFLA

Is there a video of VT or is it only 'in print'? I would sure like to watch a vid of him saying all this.

His elder sister Ilse, 48, described him as a “very nice, sociable guy” but declined to clear up the mystery of where he celebrated Christmas

Does one need a passport to travel between EU countries? Surely there'll be CCTV footage of him at an airport.

In general, you need identification which for the majority of countries means a passport. However there is a special agreement in place between the UK and Ireland, and any photographic ID can be used, such as a driving licence.

<mod snip> it's true, honestly! His bedroom in one flat and her bedroom in the other share the same partition wall.

There was a plan of the two flats in a post on one of the other threads - and partition walls are usually much thinner than external walls, especially considering when the renovations were done (1970s - could be plasterboard or breezeblock construction, not good for soundproofing).

Just my opinion of course - are there any builders or contractors on here?

This door again lol ;)

The (blocked off) doorway was part of the original Victorian house design (obviously) It was part of the house when it was built. So therefore the wall the door and frame was built into is over 130 years old. Those Victorians never skimped on materials, they built big, solid and made things to last. Rest assured that wall was in no way Jerry built, or a flimsy wooden partition you could poke peeps holes into, or be able to hear every pin drop.

The door was breeze blocked off and plastered over when the flat was renovated into flats. I stand to be corrected, but I seem to recall this work was undertaken in 1988.

5379830271_ac4d688158_z.jpg

You'd never even know it was there! :)

This door again lol ;)

The (blocked off) doorway was part of the original Victorian house design (obviously) It was part of the house when it was built. So therefore the wall the door and frame was built into is over 130 years old. Those Victorians never skimped on materials, they built big, solid and made things to last. Rest assured that wall was in no way gerry built, or a flimsy wooden partition you could poke peeps holes into, or be able to hear every pin drop.

The door was breeze blocked off and plastered over when the flat was renovated into flats. I stand to be corrected, but I seem to recall this work was undertaken in 1988.

living%20room%20-%20finished%20with%20wall%20plastered.jpg

You'd never even know it was there! :)

Notice the different thicknesses in the wall on that floor of the building.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/21/article-1348968-0CD97C64000005DC-451_634x1377.jpg

Here's another view

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uspect-left-country-2-days-Jo-seen-alive.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...riends-stunned-by-his-arrest-115875-22864361/

Are news articles disappearing faster than anyone can blink?

Notice the different thicknesses in the wall on that floor of the building.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/21/article-1348968-0CD97C64000005DC-451_634x1377.jpg

Are news articles disappearing faster than anyone can blink?

Exactly Otto.
The dividing wall between the flats (blocked off door wall) actually looks like it could be a load bearing wall. That means it would be two bricks thick. Internal walls are load bearers on big houses, they have to carry all the walls weight above on every floor, and also support the floors.

Don't let the appeareance of the external walls looking much thicker decieve you on the plans. You have to remember the external wall was built of thick stone on the outside. And I'm sure the Victorians would be using a cavity wall construction. i'e a gap between the inner, and outer wall.

he explained. &#8220;I wasn&#8217;t here on the night she went missing, I was away and I don&#8217;t know anyone who saw or heard anything.

I felt sure the Mirror were also reporting having a similar conversation with VT a short period of time after JY went missing, but now I can't find it, so I may be mistaken.

It would be very interesting to know how he elaborated on his ambiguous statement of being "away" to the police. To have been charged, his alibi must be shaky at best.

I wonder where he claimed he was, and for how long for? Who backed him up? I suppose eventually we may find out.

Edit: it is also interesting from that article that he says he didn't know JY. There have been some reports saying they would have met through work, but these appear to only be speculation because their respective firms worked on some of the same projects.

Exactly Otto.
The dividing wall between the flats (blocked off door wall) actually looks like it could be a load bearing wall. That means it would be two bricks thick. Internal walls are load bearers on big houses, they have to carry all the walls weight above on every floor, and also support the floors.

Don't let the appeareance of the external walls looking much thicker decieve you on the plans. You have to remember the external wall was built of thick stone on the outside. And I'm sure the Victorians would be using a cavity wall construction. i'e a gap between the inner, and outer wall.

The interior walls are a mixture of thicker and thinner walls ... and I suspect the structural (loadbearing) walls would have been in a cross or X shape along the floor, in addition to the exterior walls. The walls that run along both kitchens, horizontal in many illustrations, appear to be structural.

I felt sure the Mirror were also reporting having a similar conversation with VT a short period of time after JY went missing, but now I can't find it, so I may be mistaken.

It would be very interesting to know how he elaborated on his ambiguous statement of being "away" to the police. To have been charged, his alibi must be shaky at best.

I wonder where he claimed he was, and for how long for? Who backed him up? I suppose eventually we may find out.

I also remember a news comment he had the morning after she was reported missing ... didn't he then say no comment, and then when he was contacted by phone, he hung up and then didn't take calls? I wonder if he was in the UK or the Netherlands when he received those calls.

I think his alibi is probably very shakey ... he most likely told people that he was leaving town, but then the cold and snow arrived and he could neither take Joanna away from the flat nor leave the country. He delayed leaving her by the quarry (is that also near the country club ... perhaps a road that someone new to Bristol would know, or someone familiar with the Avon Bike path would know) ... perhaps because of the weather ... and then had to make arrangements for a car and a night without witnesses ... and then he told people that he was away for that weekend but ... that may have been the "redefining time" problem.

He delayed leaving her by the quarry (is that also near the country club ... perhaps a road that someone new to Bristol would know) ... perhaps because of the weather ... and then had to make arrangements for a car and a night without witnesses ...

I'm going with that.
Like I've always thought the body was left in Longwood Lane in the early hours of Christmas morning. That would be backed up if V.T didn't have access to a car on the weekend 17th-19th. I'd be pretty sure he didn't have one to hand on the Friday night when it was assumed the body was dumped. All reports say he flew about on his bike everywhere.

I wonder if they did get him on the suspension bridge C.C.T.V on Christmas morning? That would leave the question of where did he keep the body? In that shed? Or the old outbuildings of that rifle range next door? Who's car did he borrow, or did he rent one? So many questions.

I'm going with that.
Like I've always thought the body was left in Longwood Lane in the early hours of Christmas morning. That would be backed up if V.T didn't have access to a car on the weekend 17th-19th. I'd be pretty sure he didn't have one to hand on the Friday night when it was assumed the body was dumped. All reports say he flew about on his bike everywhere.

I wonder if they did get him on the suspension bridge C.C.T.V on Christmas morning? That would leave the question of where did he keep the body? In that shed? Or the old outbuildings of that rifle range next door? Who's car did he borrow, or did he rent one? So many questions.

I suspect that he borrowed a car, perhaps from the woman that phoned crying. Something about the initial reports about breaking news also included a comment about CCTV on the bridge, and a large bag in the front seat. I have no idea where to find the link, but it was the night before the news of Tabak hit the air waves. I wonder if the woman called about when her car was borrowed, and that narrowed down the CCTV bridge footage to a particular time.

Where did he hide Joanna after the murder and before leaving her by the quarry? Good question. In the shed, someone suggested the water drum, perhaps in the flat (although not likely). I don't think he went far ... not to hide the body, and not to put things back in the flat after she was murdered. He's a people flow person, and I suspect that he would have over analysed every movement he made, always trying to do the unexpected and to make the least likely choice or decision.

ETA: wouldn't that be funny if he spent the rest of his life trying to figure out the probability that he would have gotten away with it if he had done A instead of C, or B before A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288