GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by wfgodot, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurauk1

laurauk1 New Member

I am watching the press conference now.

Her jacket, boots and one grey sock were not with her when she was found. The jacket and boots were at home however the sock is still missing. The sock is a long grey ski sock style. It is two tones of grey.

He has then gone on to address the Hophouse pub CCTV footage and he says it was viewed very early on but it is not good quality (sounds as though he is using that as a reason as to why it has not been released).

He has then gone on to say that it is a complex investigation.

Edit: To say that the sock would fit a UK size 5 foot.

2. lalalemon

lalalemon Active Member

I know if my cat was left in over the weekend with no food... and there was a pizza out on the worktop he'd definately give it a go.... cheese is one of his most favourite foods! However.... I highly doubt he'd manage to open the box and remove the wrapper.... and then either eat the lot or dispose of it... he's a messy little bugger!

On a more serious note.... just seen a press conference on the bbc news channel here in the UK..... they were showing a sock ... (I only switched over half way through, couldn't decide whether it was actually Jo's sock or just a replica.... it looked HUGE for a petite girl like Jo!) But the fact her body was found minus one sock is definately true.

ETA.... got BBC News 24 on a loop .... and have seen the coverage of the press conference again. It's not Jo's actual sock, that is in a forensics lab. The reason for it being so huge is that it is a ski-type sock.... that goes up to the knee. Which makes sense as the weather here for freezing freezing cold with a lot of snow around the time Jo went missing.

They are also certain that she DID arrive home on the day she went missing as her coat and boots are there.

3. whitedove

whitedove Member

Lol Lalalemon, some cats have got strange tastes, I think one sock maybe in the lab, but the other sock has not been found, they would have known this sock was missing not long after her body was found, I think they are a bit late asking people to look for it now, it could have ended up in a bin, or gone when the pavements are cleaned.

4. Myserty64

Myserty64 Well-Known Member

I was hoping for more from the press conference. I haven't seen much mention of the two people following her as recorded on CCTV.

As it stands the landlord told police he saw three people leaving her home on the night she disappeared. He thought one of the three people was Joanna.
    For his trouble he was arrested.
    Why? I'm not saying he was treated badly by the arrest but the police don't usually make an arrest on a whim.

5. Destroyer

Destroyer New Member

Firstly Good Afternoon to everyone,

Well now we know Joanna was'nt wearing shoes/slippers & that a sock is missing which to me definitely suggests she was killed/abducted from her flat - surely they can tell by the dirt on her feet whether the sock was likely to of been removed at the scene of where her body was found ?

+ also it might be interesting to find out if Joanna may of had a history of sleep walking ??

+ is it possible the killer may of left some sort of 'motto' in the flat which indicated some sort of crime had taken place ?? Hence why the police/family always belived she had been abducted/killed at the flat early on ??

6. naturally suspicious

naturally suspicious New Member

it seems strange to me that bf did not act earlier on returning to flat and finding cat going bananas...starving and presumably had messed on floor....

that ,plus non-returned texts and calls, would surely alert you quicker than 4 hours before seeking help....

7. slug

slug New Member

TBH the cctv footage that the mirror has as it's headline there is no way to see who anyone is at the distance the people noted were.
    the only thing for certain is that it shows 1 person closly followed by 2 people along a road she may have used to go home.
    It maybe her it may not.

8. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Viva the tabloids, they called it right. The Sun and the Mirror take the reportorial lead.

Not sure about that though. Keep an open mind, anything can crawl right in. Seems unlikely. A bit worried about the open-mindedness of police right now.

Mirror had earlier estimated 50 yards away and also 27 seconds behind. Not sure how one can be said except in the most literal terms to be "following" someone at that distance.

Ah! Police can't be sure either.

Did we know of this "not untypical" thing? Hadn't heard that before. Seems to excuse certain behaviors.

We knew this was coming. If of course it wasn't him that did it.

Links:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...e-been-strangled-by-own-sock-115875-22827972/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3331642/Jo-Yeatess-body-was-missing-one-sock.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344276/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Strangled-sock.html

9. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

10. Sgt Jones

Sgt Jones New Member

TBH it doesn't surprise me.

It would be the type of thing my b/f would do - he's highly intelligent but lacks common sense. He wouldn't be suspicious straight away and certainly wouldn't phone or text saying "where are you?"

More likely my dad or brother phoning up and finding me not about and not being in contact either would alert them to something being wrong. And my b/f certainly wouldn't phone my family or friends to find out if they had seen or heard from me.

I suppose it just depends on the type of relationship you have and the type of people you are - my brother and girlfriend phone and text all the time when apart whereas my b/f and I don't - he works away and it's not unusal to go a day or two without texting each other.

11. Sgt Jones

Sgt Jones New Member

Well let's hope it's true and it is the sock and provides the breakthrough they need.

TBH, I'm beginning to think this will never get solved.

12. squid

squid Well-Known Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/30/joanna-yeates-landlord-watched-arrest

I don't think it was ever divulged why detectives had been watching him and what evidence they had connecting him with suspicion of murder.

13. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I think it probably was, as Sgt Jones suggested on Thread #1,

If they were in fact keeping an eye on the old boy beforehand, it was probably because he was hovering around, trying to place himself close to the investigation, being a busybody (and possibly quoting Rossetti, etc. etc.). Just being odd perhaps. Plus seeking to back away from his original statement to neighbors about apparently seeing Jo leaving with other people.

14. squid

squid Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to anything official or is the suggestion just speculation? I am looking for something that was widely reported or released by the police.

15. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Haven't seen a thing officially, or in print. The whole thing may just be a press rumor, or based on an overheard, "Yar, we had our eye on him from the very beginning" boast from someone.

16. SheDevil

SheDevil New Member

17. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Yes, just checked - gone with the wind. Awaiting further developments. First the print that I copied and pasted was gone, and now they've removed the link from Top Stories entirely. False alarm perhaps.

----------

I found this interesting; police apparently a bit touchy these days:

ITV News banned from Joanna Yeates press conference
    Avon & Somerset constabulary move follows News at Ten report critical of force's murder investigation

the rest of it at
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/05/itv-news-joanna-yeates-investigation

18. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

19. squid

squid Well-Known Member

20. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Good find! Relevant paragraphs plus pix:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ates-murder-Strangled-sock.html#ixzz1ABTm9ujB

The two pictures:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/05/article-1344276-0CA7945F000005DC-573_306x423.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/05/article-1344276-0CA79BC3000005DC-767_306x423.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.