GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That takes some explaining and needs explaining soon

It's not hard to understand if they had been in touch via FB etc and had agreed to meet up soon. I doubt that the police or anyone else will see fit to explain further, unless it does turn out to be germane to the enquiry, which I think unlikely.

What does appear to have been established beyond dispute though, is the fact JY left the Ram a few minutes after 8, walked towards the Triangle where MW was and within less than 20 minutes later, attempted to contact MW and asked, ' Where are you ? Fancy a drink ? '

That takes some explaining and needs explaining soon

Things we don't know include what contact they had had in the hours/days/weeks/months leading up to this text message. We don't know who has been in touch with who, when it took place and who instigated it.

We don't know, for example, know if any texts preceded the text that Jo sent to MW.

For example, MW may have got in touch at some earlier point and mentioned that he was going to be at a party in her neighbourhood that night, so Jo's text needn't have arrived 'out of the blue', she may just having been questioning where exactly the party was taking place.

In this context, I also find it interesting there is suddenly some speculation emerging about whether she'd stopped off at a local pub en-route home.

Actually his step mother was quoted as saying that they weren't close friends.

As for the contradictions, blame the tabloid reporting. The first version was leaked to the press by a third party. Then he appears to have been doorstepped. I wouldn't place too much reliance on anything that's been reported.

If it really is poor reporting it's pretty shabby,IMO. But, we often see that here ( U.S. ) too, so not a total surprise.... JMO

It's not hard to understand if they had been in touch via FB etc and had agreed to meet up soon. I doubt that the police or anyone else will see fit to explain further, unless it does turn out to be germane to the enquiry, which I think unlikely.

It's difficult to follow your reasoning

You say ' if they had been in touch via FB and had agreed to meet up soon'

Clearly, the situation demands this be ascertained beyond doubt ?

Because at the moment, it appears highly possible MW had arranged to meet with JY that night, based on reported facts

What has yet to be clarified is if JY did actually meet with MW that night

If he did, it requires to be clarified if MW gave JY a lift home and if he was the last to see her alive

IMO

It's difficult to follow your reasoning

You say ' if they had been in touch via FB and had agreed to meet up soon'

Clearly, the situation demands this be ascertained beyond doubt ?

I don't see what's difficult to follow. I believe he was reported as saying that they had been in touch by email and FB and had agreed to meet up soon. I have no idea how FB works but it perhaps can be checked, and emails certainly can. All this was probably done & dusted before it got into the paper, which is why it said he wasn't a suspect.

Because at the moment, it appears highly possible MW had arranged to meet with JY that night, based on reported facts

What has yet to be clarified is if JY did actually meet with MW that night

If he did, it requires to be clarified if MW gave JY a lift home and if he was the last to see her alive

Possible, but I see no evidence for this at all. We are not privy to the actual wording of the text messages, but if JY's was as reported it doesn't suggest a definite prior arrangement to me.

Not that we have very much to go on at all.

I am at a loss for what else the 'secret clue' could be that wouldn't be noticed or arouse suspicion from Greg for four hours, yet could be obvious enough that it immediately suggested murder or abduction to the police?

Hi all!

I wondered this too. I wondered if she was abducted, whether she had the opportunity ( and foresight) to leave some sort of clue to show that she was under duress, maybe deliberately dropping a ring she never ever took off for example or whether she wore a thin chain necklace or bracelet that might have broken and dropped off her during a struggle.

Originally Posted by brownbread

I am at a loss for what else the 'secret clue' could be that wouldn't be noticed or arouse suspicion from Greg for four hours, yet could be obvious enough that it immediately suggested murder or abduction to the police?

Hi all!

I wondered this too. I wondered if she was abducted, whether she had the opportunity ( and foresight) to leave some sort of clue to show that she was under duress, maybe deliberately dropping a ring she never ever took off for example or whether she wore a thin chain necklace or bracelet that might have broken and dropped off her during a struggle.

Hi Jasmine & welcome to Websleuths :) ,

i said something in an earlier thread myself regarding the possiblity that a ring may of been found or something she had always worn since a small child ?? Great minds think alike ;)

Hi all!

Looking at available photos (and I'm not clever enough to link to them) she doesn't seem to consistently wear a ring (see photo of her with cat, and wearing bobble hat in which her hands are visible). There are a couple of photos in which she is wearing (the same?) silver chain necklace (cat again, and wedding snaps) but again in other photos she is not wearing it. On CCTV from Bargain Booze and Tesco, her neck can be seen although no necklace is visible - however with the poor resolution of the images, it is difficult to be certain about that.

Edit: I'm still unconvinced that a secret clue has to exist in order to explain the police response.

I really believe journalists make up some of these stories.
I mean they couldn't be true surely.

I hope the DNA reports aren't fiction.

The police haven't held a press conference for some time.
I get the feeling they don't want to have to answer any awkward questions.

The big break in this case must be at hand.

It all depends on who killed Jo, for the reason why they had moved the body. One persons logic in that situation, is another mans Tomfoolery.

......is it conceivable within the known timelines that a text sent at 9:20PM could have been sent after something terrible had happened, to make it seem like you were never there.

I don't believe this was the case, but just wondering if it can be ruled out.

I hadn't realised MW's party was taking place in relative proximity to the flat before now.

In that scenario, it would absolutely make sense why the phone needs to stay. The phone needs to be found so the reply text can be found. But the phone can't stay with the body or,triangulation/location tools would reveal when the body was moved. They body can't move until later, because one needs to hightail it back to the party so as to be seen in the same place one was not too long ago prior. If the phone needs to stay, then it would make sensor the that the keys and other belongings stay.

I still can't see any circumstances - other than a desire to allow her give the family some closure - in which the perp would choose to leave the body barely concealed. I can't see the perp would think they'd be better served with a confirmed murder case than a missing person case.

I very strongly doubt the moving of the body and the items left behind in the flat were carefully considered as some kind of complex bluff and counter-bluff to baffle the police.

Still following the same train of thought.....It has been posted a few threads ago that GR may have been traveling from Yeates family home to another location on Xmas eve. Perhaps the perp. was aware of this and wanted body to be found consistent with that time frame.

Still following the same train of thought.....It has been posted a few threads ago that GR may have been traveling from Yeates family home to another location on Xmas eve. Perhaps the perp. was aware of this and wanted body to be found consistent with that time frame.

You must be an awesome chess opponent

Hope LE have a few of your standard

Respectfully snipped. BBM
7. The Exact Site Where The Body Was Dumped.
We now have three possibilities : the site where the flowers are, the site just to the left of the boulder and the site where the dog-walkers and police are standing and looking in the early pics. I still favour the site to the left of the boulder as persuasively argued for by Phillb. I think it possible that right from the start the police deliberately avoided letting the press have photos that would reveal exactly where the body was found. That site is where the ground has been scraped in photos taken after the removal of the body.

I recently came across this article where it says that after laying the flowers they "then walked a further 200 yards up the lane to the exact spot where she was found"

Joanna Yeates' parents say a tearful goodbye

Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 09:00

"Yesterday David, 63, and Theresa, 58, arrived at the scene at around 2.30pm and walked arm-in-arm along the lane while flanked by three police officers.

After laying flowers they had an emotional hug with Greg, 27, Miss Yeates brother Chris and his girlfriend.

They then walked a further 200 yards up the lane to the exact spot where she was found, which is sealed off for forensic examinations.

The group walked back down the hill 10 minutes later, with Mrs Yeates clasping a tissue to her face as the tears spilled down her cheeks."

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/new...l-goodbye/article-3043420-detail/article.html

And 'Where are you?' followed by 'Fancy a drink?' certainly doesn't suggest what you imply, not to me. It's an invitation conditional on the invitee being nearby and free, that's all.

I quite agree.
Because "Where are you?" was followed by "Fancy a drink?" I think rules out they had a pre-planned date.
As has been suggested before she could very well have knocked on his door as she was passing, realised he wasn't in and sent the text but the wording definitely doesn't suggest they were meant to meet up.
If it had just been "Where are you?" then obviously a different kettle of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner