Found Alive UK - John Darwin, 51, Seaton Carew, 21 March 2002 *found alive in 2007*

Tranaice

Reaction score
Wow, can you imagine the joy his family must be feeling? I wonder where in the world he has been and what he has been doing?

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
I thought this was particularly interesting:

British Man Believed to Have Drowned Shows Up 5 Years Later

LONDON — The last trace of John Darwin was the wreckage of his canoe, which washed up on a beach in northern near his northern England home more than five years ago.

~snip~

"He can't be suffering from total amnesia," a Cleveland police spokeswoman said on condition of anonymity due to force policy. "He says he can't recollect where he's been, but that's something we're investigating."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314661,00.html

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Hmmmm...I thought maybe some of our members might like to see this one!! I found it VERY interesting!

KatK

Former Member
Reaction score
I think it very probably was amnesia, and who he was just came back to him in bits and peices.

Enchanted

Reaction score
There might be more to this case than meets the eye, when it all comes out in the wash. This man's wife is a friend of a friend of my colleague, and everyone who surrounds the family is absolutely stunned by his reappearance, but rumours in the local community have abounded since he went missing.

His 'widow' just recently moved abroad to start a new life in South America, and one wonders whether that had anything to do with his reappearance at this time?

Local papers are full of mystery concerning his departure five and a half years ago, and where he got all his money from that enabled him to buy dozens of buy to let homes - when he was merely a teacher then a prison officer - not hugely well paid jobs... Debts and bailiff officers have been mentioned in the past, as has dealing on the stock market... Putting two and two together can get you into all sorts of trouble, so I'll stop there!

deanws

Former Member
Reaction score
I think he probably wanted to get a divorce but didn't want the hassle associated with it.....so he just disappeared. He wouldn't be the first to stage his own death or disappearance.

Truthful Lies

Reaction score
I'm guessing head trauma when he disappeared - seems likely if his canoe showed up in pieces.

AmandaBrown23

Im just living among all the madness
Reaction score
I doubt he faked it, otherwise why pop back up at all.

deanws

Former Member
Reaction score
I doubt he faked it, otherwise why pop back up at all.
Kids are grown, wife has moved on. You can't stay hidden forever if you ever hope to retire using social security or Medicare. You have to have your social security number to do that. It is a formidable undertaking to disappear forever. Usually people are caught eventually. So, now would be as good time as any to "reappear." I am betting the police will get to the bottom of this eventually. I just hope when they do...they will update the media.

CyberLaw

Former Member
Reaction score
Yes, he was arrested and if I recall correctly, he was charged with Fraud.

How "fitting". I don't believe for one minute that this man "has no idea where he has been and what he has been doing for the last five years.

CyberLaw

Former Member
Reaction score
Wow the "wife" fears she will have to pay back insurance money.

Really, I put money on the fact that "they both" had a hand in this Fraud.

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Wow the "wife" fears she will have to pay back insurance money.

Really, I put money on the fact that "they both" had a hand in this Fraud.
And you would be correct! Read this:

But in its Thursday editions, the Daily Mirror reported that Anne Darwin broke down crying when she was shown the photograph -- which has a date stamp ofJuly 14, 2006.

"My sons are never going to forgive me," the paper quoted Mrs. Darwin as saying to a reporter at her home in Panama.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/12/06/missing.canoeist/index.html

Nor should they forgive either one of them!! His 90 year old father is waiting to give him a hug and kiss. How AWFUL!!!