UK - Jomaa Jerrare, 52, murdered & burned, Staffordshire, 9 Aug 2021

From looking at her social media it seems she had ties at one point to the Bilston area so could be someone she knows, even more so considering the age of the younger man.

As someone pointed out, older man could be the dad...but could be completely unrelated also.

The 4 week of not being seen by neighbours is worrying. She lives in a tower block with a lift, neighbours have commented they would say hello in the lift so if she had been there I'm sure someone would have seen her. I do know there's cctv in that block so police will be able to verify it quite quickly I would have thought and its a fob entrance so that should be recorded somewhere too but even with a chaotic lifestyle not returning home for 4 weeks is a long time. People with chaotic lifestyles generally live a vagrant type lifestyle. Jamaa didn't, she had a home to go to, so why wouldn't she return there for that long?

From looking at her social media it seems she had ties at one point to the Bilston area so could be someone she knows, even more so considering the age of the younger man.

As someone pointed out, older man could be the dad...but could be completely unrelated also.

The 4 week of not being seen by neighbours is worrying. She lives in a tower block with a lift, neighbours have commented they would say hello in the lift so if she had been there I'm sure someone would have seen her. I do know there's cctv in that block so police will be able to verify it quite quickly I would have thought and its a fob entrance so that should be recorded somewhere too but even with a chaotic lifestyle not returning home for 4 weeks is a long time. People with chaotic lifestyles generally live a vagrant type lifestyle. Jamaa didn't, she had a home to go to, so why wouldn't she return there for that long?

What you said, you'd expect her to return home at least every couple of days or once a week at least to change clothes, check on flat etc.

I think that's the big thing for me. Not being I'm contact with family isn't really an issue for me. It depends on the family relationship. The detective yesterday says they had contact at key points. To me that kind of said birthdays, Christmas etc which doesn't seem strange to me. My relationship with my family isn't great and I can go months without speaking to them, but not returning to her property....

My thinking is that she either wasn't able to return back or maybe she was starting a new chapter of her life, had found a partner and was staying with him, testing the waters before moving in. Still doesn't explain why she wouldn't return home for clothes etc but that's the only 2 scenarios I can think of

I think that's the big thing for me. Not being I'm contact with family isn't really an issue for me. It depends on the family relationship. The detective yesterday says they had contact at key points. To me that kind of said birthdays, Christmas etc which doesn't seem strange to me. My relationship with my family isn't great and I can go months without speaking to them, but not returning to her property....

My thinking is that she either wasn't able to return back or maybe she was starting a new chapter of her life, had found a partner and was staying with him, testing the waters before moving in. Still doesn't explain why she wouldn't return home for clothes etc but that's the only 2 scenarios I can think of

Not seeing or being in contact with family doesn't seem worrying to me, depending on what her usual pattern of contact was. Not seeing by neighbors for 4 weeks...I don't know...you may be right about getting into a relationship...I wonder if she mentioned something to one of her neighbors. I guess not. If you are planning to leave for a longer time, wouldn't you mention it to at least the nearest neighbors...so they could keep an eye out on her home. Why do I get the horrible feeling they "kept" her and abused her before killing her.

As a side note: The ages of both men totally don't fit in the profile of perpetrators who will kill a person with setting them on fire (modus operandi) or to conceal a murder/evidence setting the body on fire after dead. I guess there will always be exceptions.

Exactly, I don't see most of my family for weeks or even months but I see my neighbours daily.

Exactly, I don't see most of my family for weeks or even months but I see my neighbours daily.

I think the thing to remember is in those blocks of flats, whilst you may see other tenants to say hello to, unless you are particularly friendly with your neighbours you may not see them daily. I had a boyfriend who lived in the next block and of all the times I visited him I never once saw any of the other neighbours on his floor, even he wasn't quite sure of who his neighbours were. He knew that the flat next to him had a family in because he'd heard the kids but he had never seen them. There's a lot of different communities in that area and they tend to be close knit, sticking with their own communities. I've seen a few posts from people in the block saying they knew jomaa to say hello to but didn't know her name.

I saw a quote from police somewhere (I'll try and find it) that she was well known in the area but I've not seen one post or statement from anyone who actually knew her other than to say hello to

"Detectives investigating the death of 52-year-old Jomaa Jerrare in Perton have been given further time to continue questioning two men.

A 76-year-old man from Kingstanding, Birmingham, and a 56-year-old man from Bilston, Wolverhampton, were arrested overnight on Thursday (August 12/13) on suspicion of murder.

They both remain in custody at this time. We will provide further updates when able to do so."

https://www.staffordshire.police.uk...uestion-men-arrested-in-perton-investigation/

"Detectives investigating the death of 52-year-old Jomaa Jerrare in Perton have been given further time to continue questioning two men.

A 76-year-old man from Kingstanding, Birmingham, and a 56-year-old man from Bilston, Wolverhampton, were arrested overnight on Thursday (August 12/13) on suspicion of murder.

They both remain in custody at this time. We will provide further updates when able to do so."

https://www.staffordshire.police.uk...uestion-men-arrested-in-perton-investigation/

I hope that's a sighn that they've got their man or men ? Does it mean they haven't been cooperating and they need more time to question them maybe ?

"A spokesman for the force said: "Detectives are continuing to question two men arrested in connection with the death of Jomaa Jerrare after they were granted an extension by magistrates. We will provide further updates."
The longest total extension magistrates can grant is 96 hours, after which the suspects must be released or charged."

Layby murder suspects still being questioned four days after arrests

Wow been bailed with Conditions

"Two men arrested in connection with the death of Jomaa Jerrare have been bailed by detectives while enquiries continue.
A man, 75, from Kingstanding, Birmingham, and a man, 56, from Bilston, Wolverhampton, have been bailed"

How frustrating ! I'm guessing they don't have any evidence against them ? If they were able to spot the other guy on cctv at the scene, surely they would've been able to spot these two guys there aswell ?

This is still such a mystery.
The theory we had earlier about the perp not being familiar with the area still makes sense, so many other places to dispose of a body. This spot was risky being an A road out of a city, even at that time of night. Seems rushed.

Poor lady.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back