Found Deceased UK - Joseph Day, 31, from New Zealand, Clifton, Bristol, 30 Apr 2022

Ridgeydidgedidge

Reaction score
Image - Jd

Concerned friends and family of a New Zealander who has gone missing in England are appealing for help to find him.

Joseph Day, a former TVNZ camera operator, was last heard from on Saturday evening at 9.30pm and was believed to be around the Clifton area.

He is described as around 5'11'', has tattoos on both of his arms and is most likely wearing a cap and long wax black jacket.

From Day's fiance:
"If you have any friends in the UK/Bristol please share. My fiancé Joseph Day hasn’t been heard from since Saturday evening 9.30pm BST time, 32 hours ago. Joseph would have been seen around the Clifton area as we live on Pembroke Road, on foot as his bike was left out at our flat. He would have been wearing a cap and a dark jacket. He’s 5’11 and an athletic build, he has tattoos on both of his arms. If you have any information at all, if you’ve seen him anywhere, please reach out and let me or the Avon and Somerset police know. This is extremely out of character for him, we always keep in touch every minute of the day. Everyone who knows Joe loves him very much, he is incredibly special to me, and his family and friends. Please help and share so we can find him."

Source:
Concerns for missing Kiwi - former TVNZ worker - living in UK

Concerned friends and family of a New Zealander who has gone missing in England are appealing for help to find him.

Joseph Day, a former TVNZ camera operator, was last heard from on Saturday evening at 9.30pm and was believed to be around the Clifton area.
He is described as around 5'11'', has tattoos on both of his arms and is most likely wearing a cap and long wax black jacket.

Day's friends and family have taken to social media to express their worry and said it is out of character.
Everyone who knows Joe loves him very much, he is incredibly special to me, and his family and friends," Day's fiancé wrote.
Concerns for missing Kiwi - former TVNZ worker - living in UK

Woman issues heart-breaking appeal to find missing fiance in Bristol
A woman has put out an emotional appeal to find her fiance - who has not been seen for two days.

Kelsey Mulcahy says she last had phone contact with her partner of five years, Joseph Day, on Saturday night, when she believed he was spending the night in at their home in Pembroke Road in Clifton while she was away in London.
But after no phone contact since 9.20pm on the Saturday, Miss Mulcahy returned home yesterday to find he was gone.

Miss Mulcahy says it is completely out of character for the 31-year-old not to be in contact with her, and that the pair were supposed to be visiting Bath Spa today.
Miss Mulcahy said: “We were both looking forward to Bath today so much - it just doesn’t make sense, I’m so worried, in all the time I’ve known him he’s never gone long at all without messaging or calling me. It is completely out of character.

“On the night after he messsaged, I assumed he’d just fallen asleep. Next morning I tried calling him. And when I got back at 2.30pm, he wasn’t here.”

Miss Mulcahy says Mr Day would have been wearing a cap and dark jacket, and be most likely on foot as he left his bike.

IMG-20220502-WA0004.jpg

In an email to Bristol24/7, Joseph’s sister Olivia said: “Please help us find my brother – Joseph Day – a missing New Zealander in Bristol. Joseph has been missing for 35+ hours and is deemed low priority by the local police but he is NOT.

“We feel helpless overseas and can’t stress how out of character and HIGH RISK this is. What if you were told your loved one wasn’t a high priority and is ‘low risk’?? PLEASE help us put pressure on the police to prioritise this.”

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/new-zealander-joseph-missing-bristol/

A woman has issued a desperate plea for help after her fiancee stopped responding to calls and has not been seen in two days. Joseph Day, who lives with his partner Kelsey Mulcahy in Bristol, has not been heard from after Kelsey travelled to London on Saturday evening (April 30).

Kelsey is now "terrified" something has happened to him and says this is out of character for Joseph to not respond to her texts or phone calls. The couple had been due to visit Bath Spa together today (Monday, May 2), SomersetLive reports.

Kelsey had travelled to London on Saturday but was texting 31-year-old Joseph until 9.30pm when he suddenly stopped replying.

"I cannot stress enough how out of character this is for him," said Kelsey. "We have been together for five years, he wouldn't do this to me, we have a very happy relationship we were both looking forward to going to Bath today. I'm terrified something has happened."

The couple moved to Clifton, Bristol, from New Zealand in January and do not have many friends in the area. But Kelsey's friends have now travelled over from London to help search for him.

Fiancée 'terrified' for missing partner she hasn't heard from in two days

The sister of missing Kiwi man Joseph Day is claiming British police have ramped up their investigation and categorised her brother's mysterious disappearance as high risk.

Olivia Day provided the update on Facebook and said police were handling the case with high priority after her brother went missing from his Bristol home more than two days ago.

"Thank you to every single person who has spread our message around the world. Now we just need good news," she wrote.

Concern grows for missing Kiwi, sister says British police now treating disappearance as high risk

Im glad this is seen as high priority now. I know the Zealand press have been good at getting the info out about Joesph. The media in the UK is slowly catching up. I see the Mirror has done a piece, but not as up to date info as the New Zealand press particularly the change to high priority is not mentioned in the Mirror. Did anyone check the comments on the police post? It was mentioned that the phone was still ringing out and this would be 72 hours after. What phones hold there charge after this time, probably none except the very latest phones. Its a shame track my iphone or other phone tracking measures cannot be done with Joseph and police help is needed to get phone pings and data.

Its a shame track my iphone or other phone tracking measures cannot be done with Joseph and police help is needed to get phone pings and data.

Snipped by me for focus.

I don't remember a missing person appeal in which people posting on Facebook have been so vociferous in urging the police to track someone's phone.

Really really sad news
In the early hours of this morning (Tuesday 3 May) police located and recovered the body of a man in Avon Gorge, Bristol.

While formal identification has not yet taken place, we have updated the family of missing 31-year-old Joseph Day.

Our hearts go out to them and we thank them for their patience while enquiries into the circumstances of death continue.

We’d ask the public to avoid speculation and respect the privacy of Joseph’s family at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back