Found Deceased UK - Joseph Day, 31, from New Zealand, Clifton, Bristol, 30 Apr 2022

If he was found in the Avon Gorge I'm guessing he jumped from the suspension bridge (unfortunately it is a notorious spot). That's not to say it could still be something more sinister and he was placed there. But my gut instinct would be suicide

If he was found in the Avon Gorge I'm guessing he jumped from the suspension bridge (unfortunately it is a notorious spot). That's not to say it could still be something more sinister and he was placed there. But my gut instinct would be suicide

Sadly, I predicted this a few posts in. It is a well known spot indeed. Given the area I would be surprised if it turns out to be nefarious. Such a beautiful area known for such tragedies. Thoughts and prayers to the loved ones and friends.

RIP Joe

From my personal experience: one can never really know what’s going on in another person’s mind no matter how close he/she is. Positive life changes like plans to get married can also be stressful, being abroad away from the friends and family, too. Not to mention the pandemic and it’s possible effects on employment and mental health.

Out of respect towards Joseph’s loved ones I don’t want to speculate any further. Just wishing a lot of strength to all of them to deal with the devastating news.

Last edited:
The fiancée of a foreign TV cameraman found dead in the UK has shared a devastating tribute to her late partner, telling him “wait for me”.

Joseph Day, a 31-year-old New Zealander who had been living in the Clifton area of Bristol in the UK with his long-term partner Kelsey Mulcahy, vanished without a trace over the weekend.

Mr Day, who had previously worked as a camera operator for New Zealand’s TVNZ network, had suddenly stopped responding to his fiancée's messages around 9.30pm on Saturday.

On Tuesday, Avon and Somerset Police issued a statement saying they had located and recovered a body from Bristol’s Avon Gorge in the early hours of that morning, which they believed to be that of Mr Day.

In a heartbreaking Facebook post, shared along with a gallery of Mr Day, Kelsey paid tribute to her late fiancée, who she said had “changed [her] life forever”.

I like British structures so I took a look at that bridge wow that is a high suspension bridge! I feel like a cameraman has a higher than normal likelihood of accidentally falling, maybe trying to get a certain shot. I'm willing to give the family the benefit of the doubt. They do have a much better insight on the exact circumstances than we do.

The inquest into Mr. Day’s death began on Thursday May 26, 2022 at Avon Coroners Court in Flax Bourton. Senior Coroner Maria Voisin was told that 31-year-old Mr. Day was found at Avon Gorge, close to Clifton Observatory, on May 3 at 7.42am. The officer present added that Mr Day died from multiple injuries sustained by a fall. The inquest was adjourned for a full hearing in August to conclude how Mr Day’s death happened.

Does anyone know how far the bridge would be from him home? Assuming he was at home when talking to his fiancée

Does anyone know how far the bridge would be from him home? Assuming he was at home when talking to his fiancée
15 min walk from his house. Intrigued to hear what the outcome is in August given the family believe it’s an accident.

I had assumed he’d been found in the river itself given it took a few days to find him but reading all the articles would suggest it was just in the gorge (fell from a cliff face perhaps).

Last edited:
I had assumed he’d been found in the river itself given it took a few days to find him but reading all the articles would suggest it was just in the gorge (fell from a cliff face perhaps).

Yes, he was found 30 metres down on a cliff face ledge. Not in the water. He was found by searchers who heard his phone ringing. I'm surprised the phone was not damaged in the fall, and the battery did well to last the 5 days he was missing.

I wonder why he suddenly went to the bridge that evening....? I'm thinking it was suicide.
If he was going off for a walk, I'm sure he would've mentioned it to his fiancée who he had just talked to on the phone.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back