UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Alyce, Apr 28, 2021.

1. sleuthheywood7

sleuthheywood7 Well-Known Member

Yep. I thought that too.

2. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

Kaykedi, icemaiden65, V347 and 6 others like this.
  3. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

Can't help wondering about his mental condition from seeing that.

4. proclee

proclee Well-Known Member

If he was known to police or had any previous convictions he would of been picked up on the police data base, the image of him would of scanned and facial recognition would of come up with a match (everyone has defining features which could be picked up and recognised).

The childish(ness) of sticking his tongue out also to me points to the learning disabilities theory.. his attitude in an extreme way is similar to the way some people will laugh when being told off or being given bad news it’s a type of nervousness/mental detatchment from what’s actually happening and in this case acting in a child like manner as someone who’s been caught doing something “naughty” (of course it’s on a whole other level and naughty isn’t even the word we’d use for someone committing murder I’m just trying to explain what a reasoning could be if that makes sense)
    JMO of course and he could just be a deranged evil person, it’s just the things I’m personally picking up on

Kaykedi, Marulinka, V347 and 4 others like this.
  5. sleuthheywood7

Yep spot on - to me all the same things you have mentioned have stood out as potentially demonstrating either some sort of psychosis/serious levels of detachment to what he has done/has been charged with. The inability of the police to identify him and their appeal with such a clear image of him also makes me agree that he seems unlikely to have been known to them for prior offences.

Kaykedi, Ellmau, Grouse and 4 others like this.
  6. sleuthheywood7

Thats what I don't understand - they have charged a suspect so must be pretty sure he is the perpetrator - so why would a reconstruction and more witnesses be needed? I guess more witnesses are always good in terms of building a strong case that will hold up in court alongside DNA evidence - but why the reconstruction??

Kaykedi, V347, Ellmau and 4 others like this.
  7. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

There were articles saying he was sitting, personally I thought it looked like he was standing as he was holding onto the bag as if walking.

The photo shows a man sitting on some grass close to where Ms James was bludgeoned to death in Kent woodland on Tuesday 27 April.

Police investigating death of PCSO Julia James release image of man they want to trace

8. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Just going through these photos again from the reconstruction this morning and I'm struck by the number of places he could easily have hidden and lay in wait..
    Facebook

Kaykedi, V347, IHAVENOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  9. tayaway

tayaway Well-Known Member

From the Kent Police: ‘We have held this reconstruction in the hope it will jog someone’s memory from that day.'

10. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

I presume the reconstruction might trigger someone's memory? And as you say the more witnesses the better.

11. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

It seems strange to me as well. I would presume anyone walking there would be local so would know about the murder and the time and place it happened and would already have come forward to the police. Police have also been knocking on doors speaking to local people.

12. wednesday78

wednesday78 Active Member

The police need to build as strong a case as possible as you say - they need to get as much evidence as they can to make sure that when this goes to court, the defence can't pick holes and create doubt for the jury. Have they confirmed they even have DNA evidence? The case might be fairly circumstantial at the moment... all of this JMO

13. kittythehare

They have confirmed nothing apart from charges and they are seeking further information.
    It could be quite awhile before it gets to court.
    I'm not expecting further information in the interim and it will be quite a wait, because they always are..
    This is the hard bit.. the interminable waiting.

14. lore1

lore1 Member

Yes, I agree.. but the police never said that they didn't know him just that they wanted to speak to him.. just because someone is known to the police doesn't mean that they know where they are having gone to his address in sunshine corner and not found them there maybe the next move would be to release a photo

15. kittythehare

What about day trippers?
    it's a pretty village..
    Maybe somebody took some photos that day...

Marg from Oz likes this.
  16. DC50

DC50 Active Member

Poor Toby looks so unsettled in the reconstruction. Seems totally unnecessary to have used him

Becka343, kate2931, Jonio and 12 others like this.
  17. lore1

lore1 Member

I live near Canterbury there really is not that much there for day-trippers

Marg from Oz, Mayfly and opalsqueak63 like this.
  18. Happygirlie2003

Happygirlie2003 Well-Known Member

i can’t help thinking he has wanted this moment almost like he has a grudge against the police

19. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I might be wrong,but to me it did not look to be the place to attract day trippers. Also if anyone had visited I would have thought they would remember being there and have already spoken to the police.

20. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

The only non-local people who would go that way would be serious walkers/ramblers or cyclists to use the many rural footpaths and bridalways across the countryside and villages.