UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Alyce, Apr 28, 2021.

1. proclee

proclee Well-Known Member

In that case the police almost definitely would of named him and said that they were seeking the public’s assistance in finding “said person” who’s from said area etc

Last edited: May 11, 2021

2. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I very much doubt that Callum Wheeler knew Julia worked for the police. She was not in uniform on her walk and had been working from home for the past year. She worked as a community police support officer not as a police officer.

3. SpursGyal

SpursGyal Well-Known Member

I think, they are just trying to find as many people as possible that saw him in the area. We saw in the Lindsay Birbeck case, how important eye witness testimony was.

4. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I think it must be a particular piece of information they are still looking for.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  5. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

I agree. Maybe some petty record but l would like to think anyone with a violent record living in the area had their whereabouts checked. Standard procedure surely.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

l hate to say it but l find the timing of this troubling.

Also sorry again to the people of Aylesham but it's literally a housing estate in the middle of fields. No pretty church, cottages, duck pond. Not a thatched roof in sight. Where Julia lived was pretty but it's separated from Aylesham.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2021
    Marg from Oz, Mayfly, DC50 and 4 others like this.
  6. proclee

proclee Well-Known Member

I’m still in the belief that he’s not talking, they obviously have enough evidence for charges to be made but I don’t believe he’s giving them any information about what happened and how their paths crossed etc. The sheer number of officers which were drafted in yesterday to search coincided with time running out to charge him and they’re still pushing for public information by holding the reconstruction.

7. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

His markings are unusual, people would remember him if they saw him.
    I know that oftentimes I meet a dog walker but don't see them, I do see the dog though.

8. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Or he has a history of mental illness.

9. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

The police didn't say they didn't recognise him, they said they wanted to find him asap

Marg from Oz and lore1 like this.
  10. sundaaaay

sundaaaay Well-Known Member

I suspect their evidence against him is largely circumstantial hence why they went ahead with the reconstruction today. The murder weapon, which caused blunt force trauma, could have been anything really and it would be very difficult to find as it may not have obvious blood stain and could have been thrown anywhere.

In the released photo of the suspect, he is carrying a large duffel bag, and my only assumption he was removing evidence he placed or disposed of after the murder - I cannot see another reason for him to return to the area the following day. He may have not suspected such a large police presence in the area so quickly and we do not know the time the photo was taken at- it could have been captured very early in the morning which could be suspicious.

11. kittythehare

Well if all the locals have already spoken to the police, who does the reconstruction target?
    I think it definitely puts the spotlight on Toby.. he is beautiful and his markings are unusual
    Facebook
    If somebody looked at him, without necessarily noticing his handler, it's possible they might remember him.
    I'd remember a dog like that.
    I think they would have given this reconstruction serious consideration.. I think the purpose was to show Toby.
    I hope he can heal from all he witnessed.

12. Cuko

Cuko Well-Known Member

Emphatically agree. I posted earlier in the thread that it would probably have stressed him greatly. He will remember the attack and waiting loyally beside his dead owner. Personally I think it borders on cruelty. A look-alike Jack Russell could easily have been used to spare Toby the trauma of returning to the scene.

kate2931, Scoutce, Jonio and 11 others like this.
  13. kittythehare

Police investigating the murder of PCSO Julia James are searching an area of scrubland behind a building site.

The force is believed to have this afternoon deployed a drone, and enlisted the fire service's help in cutting away trees behind the site in Ratling Road, Aylesham, near Canterbury.

Scrubland behind building site searched in PCSO murder probe

14. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

Poor Toby...

First to have to bear losing his precious mom...

Then having to go through this reconstruction...
    :(

kate2931, Scoutce, dormouse and 9 others like this.
  15. Mrs Marple

Mrs Marple Well-Known Member

16. Gilmoregirl

Gilmoregirl New Member

Is there a particular reason why they did this and not use a look alike dog, perhaps to see if the dog gave anything away, hinting to a direction or area. Although I agree it does seem particularly cruel and traumatic for the poor wee thing.

17. IHAVENOCLUE

Poor Toby...

First to have to bear losing his precious mom...

Then having to go through this reconstruction...
    :(

18. kittythehare

I imagine it is because Toby's markings are particularly distinctive and they hoped somebody would recognise him.
    I believe that was the purpose of the reconstruction.

19. IHAVENOCLUE

Perhaps he HAD been making a nuisance of himself in the area in which he and his family lived prior...

and that is why they moved to the current home fairly recently?

Just a thought...

20. Lod76

Lod76 Well-Known Member

Bizarre investigation this. First they go nationwide with a picture taken a day after the attack, yet they somehow know he's their man. After going nationwide it turns out he's right there practically on the doorstep of the crime scene and no one knows who he is. Then finally after arresting and charging him they decide to do a reconstruction asking the public for help. Not your bog standard investigation is it?

kate2931, easynic150, Al Ka and 24 others like this.