GUILTY UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

was going to edit my post but I'll say it here instead - if I'd looked at the video in the ITV.COM article more carefully I would have seen the route which they highlighted in red - it's at 0:59 . Looks like she went through some woods before entering the field as well.

ETA: yes think she did turn right from her house and went via the path you show on google, then looped right through the woods.

Oh I hadn't seen that video....That is a surprising route out via her back garden!? How do we now take what the neighbour polishing his car had to say knowing this info?

The place I linked above on Google maps isn't on the police map so will take it she didn't go via that route.

Oh I hadn't seen that video....That is a surprising route out via her back garden!? How do we now take what the neighbour polishing his car had to say knowing this info?

The place I linked above on Google maps isn't on the police map so will take it she didn't go via that route.

the neighbours comments seem so strange now it seems she did not go past his house at 3pm but left by her back garden at 2pm.

It was the next day he spoke to the press so cannot have muddled the day up. He apparently works as a paramedic so should have a good memory and be able to describe something he has seen accurately.

was going to edit my post but I'll say it here instead - if I'd looked at the video in the ITV.COM article more carefully I would have seen part of the route which they highlighted in red - it's at 0:59 . Looks like she went through some woods before entering the field as well.

ETA: yes think she did turn right from her house and went via the path you show on google, then looped right through the woods.

Might do a map of the possible first part of the route later (if no one beats me to it).

Was already doing it when I read your post - I think the route is something like this based on the police description (inset)

However the neighbour evidence is strange that it is a different time and place (police confirmed after 2pm she left the house yet neighbour said 3pm)

upload_2021-5-11_21-0-22.png

Last edited:

Out of her back garden? That's interesting. I'd just done a map of a possible route, so I've uploaded it anyway, but I've marked part in yellow to try to tie up with their video - I'd wondered if she went towards that brownish rectangular patch and doubled back, but if she went via the back garden that might make more sense.

I noticed a while ago that the neighbour did say something about her heading towards the woods "at the back". I'd seen there were some woods right behind her house but I when I saw the rout via Aylesham Rd published in MSM I decided he probably meant back as in much further to the back, ie where she was found.

Regarding the neighbour seeing her, if he lived bang opposite he might still have seen her if she went out the front door.

Attachments

• snowdownroute.jpg
    snowdownroute.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 72
Was already doing it when I read your post - I think the route is something like this based on the police description (inset)

However the neighbour evidence is strange that it is a different time and place (police confirmed after 2pm she left the house yet neighbour said 3pm)

View attachment 296868

I should have known you would @tallmansix :)

And I was doing my post while you were posting that. Think yours is probably right, though mine does offer another alternative. Makes sense the ITV only showed the route part way for privacy reasons.

I should have known you would @tallmansix :)

And I was doing my post while you were posting that. Think yours is probably right, though mine does offer another alternative. Makes sense the ITV only showed the route part way for privacy reasons.

I've actually got the wrong garden but it is near enough for the purposes of this, it is the actually the next one along in the direction of the main road.

I've gone back searching the quotes from SS (the neighbour) in the media and they appear to have been changed or removed and don't match the preview on Google so I suspect something was taken out of context by the press but given that he lives opposite then he could only have seen her leave via the front - terribly confusing!

I haven't streetviewed this before, but there looks like there's a little footpath just along from the row of houses that goes on to the field, when they talk about going to the fields at the back they probably mean that way. There's a little doggy bin there. Can I post a streetview link? I'll do it and if it gets deleted it gets deleted. That should be round about where it is.
51.216279,1.211227 @ Instant Street View

I've actually got the wrong garden but it is near enough for the purposes of this, it is the actually the next one along in the direction of the main road.

I've gone back searching the quotes from SS (the neighbour) in the media and they appear to have been changed or removed and don't match the preview on Google so I suspect something was taken out of context by the press but given that he lives opposite then he could only have seen her leave via the front - terribly confusing!

From the neighbours account. He said it was 3pm He saw her.
He said 'I was polishing my car on the driveway and I looked up and saw Julia walking past on the other side of the road with the dog. 'She was heading towards the woods at the back, I'd occasionally bump into her there when I was out walking my two dogs. "

He lives at no.10, on the bend.

From the neighbours account. He said it was 3pm He saw her.
He said 'I was polishing my car on the driveway and I looked up and saw Julia walking past on the other side of the road with the dog. 'She was heading towards the woods at the back, I'd occasionally bump into her there when I was out walking my two dogs. "

He lives at no.10, on the bend.
So he is almost, but not exactly, opposite the footpath that leads to the fields at the back, and she would come out of her house walk to the footpath and go to the fields.

I don't know how they could do that to the poor dog.

Yes, I was a bit torn by that as a dog owner, however ACC Tom Richards said in the interview that it was carefully considered and family also agreed but there was an alternative available if needed.

In some ways if it was my wife / mum etc that was murdered I'd probably agree, I'd want to do absolutely anything to help with the police.

Some people have said the dog looked unhappy, reluctant and pulling away on the lead - my dog would do the same if a stranger tried to walk it on a lead anyway. Plus I think people it knew where nearby, ie the husband so it would just want to return to them, I don't think it was necessarily the trauma of walking the same route.

In fact I think my dog wouldn't have even gone with somebody else without a fight. True story, my dog (Border Collie) escaped with a neighbours (German Shepherd) dog that was on heat and ran off to local fields where there was a police dog training centre. The police found them and called me. They said my dog was biting them when they were trying putting a lead on him so I had to come immediately to catch him, very embarrassing.

Last edited:
Yes, I was a bit torn by that as a dog owner, however ACC Tom Richards said in the interview that it was carefully considered and family also agreed but there was an alternative available if needed.

In some ways if it was my wife / mum etc that was murdered dog I'd probably agree, I want to do absolutely anything to help with the police.

Some people have said the dog looked unhappy, reluctant and pulling away on the lead - my dog would do the same if a stranger tried to walk it on a lead anyway. Plus I think people it knew where nearby, ie the husband so it would just want to return to them, I don't think it was necessarily the trauma of walking the same route.

In fact I think my dog wouldn't have even gone with somebody else without a fight. True story, my dog (Border Collie) escaped with a neighbours (German Shepherd) dog that was on heat and ran off to local fields where there was a police dog training centre. The police found them and called me. They said my dog was biting them when they were trying putting a lead on him so I had to come immediately to catch him, very embarrassing.

Sorry I am giggling about your dog...

But...
both our pups needed to go through the first level of pup training TWICE...

One pup just didnt want to follow the "program"...
Never was much of a people pleaser...

My other pup was "too social"...
so she wasn't following the program...
as she was easily distracted...

Pups DO humble us... dont they?!?:p

P.S. And I am an elementary teacher, to boot!!(retired)

I do still wonder if Julia's husband was counselling Callum and that she was stalked by him. Is there anywhere that says that he was not known to the family at all.

I can't see that personally, I would think that as soon as the photo was received by the police they would have showed it to the family to see if they recognised him, and he'd have been ID'd straight away by Julia's husband.

I can't see that personally, I would think that as the photo was received by the police they would have showed it to the family to see if they recognised him, and he'd have been ID'd straight away by Julia's husband.
I still cannot understand as to why the police had no idea who Callum was if he is 100% the person in the photo. He is from a village where everyone surely recognises each other. The whole thing seems really odd from start to finish.

I can't see that personally, I would think that as soon as the photo was received by the police they would have showed it to the family to see if they recognised him, and he'd have been ID'd straight away by Julia's husband.
If he was having online counselling due to lockdown would he have had to show his profile.

It strikes me that the police are still very short of evidence. They have not found the weapon and the dna evidence they have recovered may be very limited and not conclusive. The police clearly believe they have their man but although they have satisfied the Crown Prosecution Service that they have enough to charge CW they will need to build their case for trial over the next few months. The police seem confident that other people were in the vicinity and could have witnessed something. The reconstruction might be helpful in triggering memories with some little scraps of information. Let's hope the police have a breakthrough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back