UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Alyce, Apr 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApparentlyInDenial

ApparentlyInDenial Well-Known Member

Could be schizophrenic or suffering another psychosis-related disorder... possibly.

Dotta, jadejazzkayla, Amonet and 6 others like this.

2. Watson100

Watson100 Former Member

3. Watson100

Watson100 Former Member

Good idea
    That,'s what I was thinking too

Marg from Oz and IHAVENOCLUE like this.
  4. Watson100

Watson100 Former Member

Good idea
    That,'s what I was thinking too
    At first it said she left her house at 4 pm BST. Then 3 o'clock and now holding silence at 2:30

Marg from Oz likes this.
  5. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

The only school I can see on maps of the area is Aylesham Primary School (as in 4-11 year olds), so I think it's very unlikely that unaccompanied young children from there would be in such a location.

Marg from Oz and Scorpiette like this.
  6. sundaaaay

sundaaaay Well-Known Member

This case is alarming because there seems to be no motive, at least we know of yet (unless being a police officer was the motive) which suggests someone has gone out with the motive to kill.

Most cases I’ve followed on here have had a sexual motive, are suicides or accidental drownings. Murders with a sexual intent likely end up being murdered to try and hide evidence of a sexual crime or
    kidnap. This looks like someone has gone out on a walk solely to kill someone, hasn’t even bothered hiding the body to buy themselves some extra time- it’s either very amateur, or very confident, depends which way you look at it.

Dotta, Parker Knoll, Amonet and 9 others like this.
  7. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

Or very mentally ill.

Mayfly, DianeElaine, Amonet and 10 others like this.
  8. SocksKitty

SocksKitty Former Member

There was a case in Southwick, UK where a man came down from London area and murdered a lady in some local fields where she was feeding the horses. It was a random attack and he hang about in the woods then set upon her with no motive for the murder. He continued his murder spree by hacking to death four strangers and trying to kill two others during a three day orgy of violence. There is always the chance like you say that the perpetrator who killed Julia may not be known to most locals and from another town far away from the crime scene. Family speak of relief at serial killer's death

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  9. Watson100

Watson100 Former Member

10. ApparentlyInDenial

ApparentlyInDenial Well-Known Member

The dognapping theory is absurd. The dog wasn't taken = it is not a dognapper. Thieves do carry weapons but they tend to be knives over bludgeoning instruments. And yes thieves do attack you if you don't give what they demand but they then take what they demanded anyway.

--

If you read the FBI's material on the various ways killers leave bodies, in particular "pathway #3" on page 36 (body is left where killed), the FBI concludes that it's overwhelmingly likely to be a stranger attack and that ~30% of attackers have a psychiatric diagnosis before the attack.

Serial Murder: Pathways for Investigations — FBI

If you look at what psychiatrists say about frenzied bludgeoning attacks, the truth is these are disorganised offenders. That usually means they don't stray too far from their own area (it's a guess but I'd say <1 mile-5 miles).

Two other observations but no conclusions as yet:

- Snowdown train station literally less than 150metres from where Julia was found, offering a very quick exit on the Chatham mainline toward Canterbury or Dover
    - There is a mental hospital with both low-secure and more-secure patients a 2-mile walk across the fields from Snowdown.

Dotta, Mayfly, Parker Knoll and 26 others like this.
  11. Redgoblin

Redgoblin Well-Known Member

I find it quite a stretch to have someone that JJ knew in her work with domestic violence, but not totally out of the picture, I just think that most of these types of people are not cunning enough to plan an attack such as this, as it would require some level of surveillance and planning.

That said, looking through Google there are a couple of DV cases within the last six months in Dover, Broadstairs that made it into the local press and I'd imagine they'll be some in Canterbury too. It isn't too hard to speculate and imagine what ifs.

Especially when you consider where Aylesham is in relation to the bigger towns in the area.

There is a great deal we don't know about this case. maybe a DV perp just recognised her out and about and has followed her, or they live local in the area and planned it.

12. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

13. Cuko

Cuko Well-Known Member

Do you know if there is CCTV at this station?

IHAVENOCLUE, Amonet and Marg from Oz like this.
  14. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

Yep. This makes most sense to me.

15. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

Yes it would appear so --> Snowdown Details . And also on the trains as well I would imagine.

Cuko, IHAVENOCLUE, Amonet and 2 others like this.
  16. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

Passengers on the train may have seen something through the train window as it travelled in or out of Snowdown

Cuko, IHAVENOCLUE, Amonet and 2 others like this.
  17. tallmansix

tallmansix Well-Known Member

Interesting document thanks for posting the link.

It does take the statistics exclusively from serial murders and there is no evidence that this killing is a serial murder. Less than 1% of all murders are serial killings so it is quite a big assumption to make that this is a serial killer at this stage although entirely possible.

I did take a different view on reading the document because I read pathway 1 first that said that transport and burial was also majority stranger attack so I went back to the beginning and and then found that apart from prostitutes, the majority of serial killer victims are strangers anyway - only 12% were acquainted so I don't read much into the way the body was left being a strong indicator of being a stranger or not, or indeed even a serial killer.

The train station:
    • Trains are only every half an hour so not really a quick getaway - 15:17, 15:59, 16:31 are the departures around the murder time of 3pm-4pm
      EDIT: 15:11 and 16:11 in other direction - thanks Grouse
    • It is a bit further, about 1km is the shortest route but retraces Julia's path back to her housing estate or along the road and probably the most visible exit in terms of being witnessed
    • The whole area is lacking CCTV with the exception of the train station and the trains themselves and that station would be relatively quiet so the killer would be easily identified (or rather all other travellers eliminated) if they used that station.

On the whole I personally think the offender was organised and carefully planned, they have managed to arrive in the area, commit the murder and escape without being witnessed or leaving any tangible evidence despite what I guess would be the most thorough police investigation possible given it is one of their own.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  18. lizziginne

lizziginne Well-Known Member

People who suffer with psychosis/schizophrenia are far more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators.
    And if they are violent the most likely person they will be violent towards is themself.

The assertion is discriminatory and offensive.

I wish the media/people in general would stop thinking every 'bad' thing was done by a 'psycho' it simply isn't true.

19. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

They're a bit more frequent than that if you include the ones going towards Dover, and assuming the killer might just get on any train and worry about ticketing later.

It's a high risk option as I said when I first raised the idea, but I'd imagine LE will have checked it out.

20. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

theres a rather large geocache pretty much at the spot where Julia was attacked, obviously its been disabled due to police activity for now.The gallery is full of photos of that spot and theres some interesting history on the woods and previous farm which was there, misery farm its known as locally

its part of a group of caches in a circular route

could a geocacher have some knowledge? or was this person a geocacher?

hate to think that way

GC2WP2R Parish Peregrination - Acol Wood (Traditional Cache) in South East England, United Kingdom created by MeerRescue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.