UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Alyce, Apr 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified LE & Senior Investigate Officer, England

Wow well done DCC Richards
    He has now asked for help or ‘mutual aid’ as it is known within from more experienced Metropolitan forces . This is excellent because in the past, pride has got in the way ! I know I sent some of my staff down to the Steve Wright Suffolk Strangler/Ipswich serial killer enquiry in 2006 because it was recognised that Merseyside Police were far more experienced in speaking with and getting ‘sex workers’ to trust them and in time, become witnesses and speak out against him as prior to that, the force was struggling to get sufficient a relationship with these sex worker witnesses so that they would come forward. So I’m sure Merseyside Police , Greater Manchester Police, West Midlands Police and the Metropolitan Police will be drafted in to assist which can only be a good thing because the area where this occurred is so vast ( for the U.K. ) and remote, that they workload in some instances will double and/or triple .

2. Angleterre

DBM DUPLICATE POST

3. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

4. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

5. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

Very clear picture! It also looks like he's wearing fingerless gloves. Those could be distinctive and memorable. MOO

6. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

Such a clear picture. If you know him, I think you'd recognize him easily.

7. proclee

proclee Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone has seen that “Julia James” is trending on Twitter.. it’s great that her name is once again out there and hopefully the image appeal leads the police to gather any information that they need.. but my god the majority of tweets are disgusting considering A. He hasn’t been named as a suspect or as dangerous B. There’s nothing to suggest he’s an immigrant (I personally would of thought he was mixed race rather than Middle Eastern as they seem to be suggesting)

8. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

9. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

that's my instinct too..
    he could have been sleeping in the park, saw something..
    that photograph looks like somebody hitching a lift, waiting for a car...
    Reverse image search brought no clarity
    Google

10. kittythehare

They always do that... huge contingent of filthy racists ready to swoop. Report them and block them.

11. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Google map. Interesting it is so near to the houses I was imagining fields on the other side of the road.

12. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I have not read any comments on twitter,but I do not think it is necessarily racist to consider the possibility he could be an illegal immigrant considering the proximity to the Kent coast.

This could mean that if he was ,it would be harder to identify him as he would not be recognised as someone people know.

13. Acp196

Acp196 Member

New here, extremely long time lurker but first time poster so I hope I do this correctly. The diagram posted in the MSM above that highlights Spinney Lane, doesn’t actually show the full length of it in comparison to google maps.
    I travelled down Spinney Lane on google street view and found that this location looks most accurate... and I think it may actually be the junction of adisham road, pond lane and Spinney lane...
    to me the left side of the road shows where he would be stood in the long thick bladed grass as shown in Kent Online Image of man released in Julia James murder probe
    and right side of the road shows the hedge, albeit very overgrown on the google maps pic.

Google Maps

not sure if it is of any use but I thought I would post.

14. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

15. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for posting the map. Welcome to posting rather than Lurking! I lurked for ages before joining too.

This does seem a more likely spot along Spinney Lane.

16. proclee

proclee Well-Known Member

The question of him possibly being an immigrant isn’t itself racist, however the language being used and the context in which they’re using it most definitely is.

17. wednesday78

wednesday78 Active Member

This looks pretty accurate to me - in terms of shapes of scenery in the background it looks as though he's stood not necessarily in the long grass but in Pond Lane?

18. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

Hi, glad to see you made that first post!

Possibly, but I'm thinking the grass in front of the houses is more likely, not because it ties in with the map on MSM (they often get those wrong as we've seen on other threads), but because it explains where the zoom shot photo was taken from. It's an odd picture to explain any other way.

19. kittythehare

Great work.
    Thanks for doing it!.
    A warm welcome to you.

20. Angleterre

I literally just mentioned this about his ethnicity in a private WS conversation. The point that I made is that we have had some really hot weather recently and my BIL is a white male but he only has to look at the sun and his skin becomes a very rich dark brown and he’s often mistaken for being a Turk or Arab or Egyptian. So it’s difficult to say how This male identifies and if he identifies as Black or mixed race etc
    This is important because there are so many nationalities who have settled in our country and in particular in and near the Capital, London , you have high concentrations of settled Albanians, Turkish , Middle Eastern and Black communities and it could be that This man is a local or on the outskirts of local or he could have travelled out of the Capital to Kent . It’s important because of liaising with all the settled communities with a view to identifying him . Also interestingly enough is -I have just read a book called ‘ The Crossing ‘ and it’s about the nationalities who are utilising The Dartford Tunnel to ingress and egress this country and how much more simple it has made it for people to return to their birth countries, especially the organised crime criminals going to and from the likes of Albania . It’s only an hour away or 50 miles from Snowdown.
    Having said all of that , this young man could simply be born in this country and be of European decent or mixed race . The police haven’t said anything about him being dangerous or specifically stated that he is a suspect BUT they have had to balance their approach in releasing this photograph and the fact that he could be an innocent bystander versus him being the offender and because it’s an unusual course of action to subject any ordinary member of the public to, especially because it’s such a high profile murder , IMOO I feel that they think it’s the offender , but they don’t want to spook him and they can’t yet say with certainty and therefore they can’t put his photo out into the house domain ( which is bad enough if he’s not involved) and then add fuel to the fire by putting out that he is a dangerous individual because of he’s not involved then it can crucify him for life ! But they have to be measured in their approach and I suspect that they think they are on the right lines but are not yet 100% certain hence why they urgently want to speak with him . If that all
    Makes sense . Remember my long post about what goes on behind the scenes ( I will see if I can attach it again for those of you that may not have seen it ), well the SIO would have really had to justify this course of action and this will be documented with precision , the requirements and justification for releasing this photograph against not releasing the photograph, In the SIO’s policy book.
    I literally just mentioned this about his ethnicity in a private WS conversation. The point that I made is that we have had some really hot weather recently and my BIL is a white male but he only has to look at the sun and his skin becomes a very rich dark brown and he’s often mistaken for being a Turk or Arab or Egyptian. So it’s difficult to say how This male identifies and if he identifies as Black or mixed race etc
    This is important because there are so many nationalities who have settled in our country and in particular in and near the Capital, London , you have high concentrations of settled Albanians, Turkish , Middle Eastern and Black communities and it could be that This man is a local or on the outskirts of local or he could have travelled out of the Capital to Kent . It’s important because of liaising with all the settled communities with a view to identifying him . Also interestingly enough is -I have just read a book called ‘ The Crossing ‘ and it’s about the nationalities who are utilising The Dartford Tunnel to ingress and egress this country and how much more simple it has made it for people to return to their birth countries, especially the organised crime criminals going to and from the likes of Albania . It’s only an hour away or 50 miles from Snowdown.
    Having said all of that , this young man could simply be born in this country and be of European decent or mixed race . The police haven’t said anything about him being dangerous or specifically stated that he is a suspect BUT they have had to balance their approach in releasing this photograph and the fact that he could be an innocent bystander versus him being the offender and because it’s an unusual course of action to subject any ordinary member of the public to, especially because it’s such a high profile murder , IMOO I feel that they think it’s the offender , but they don’t want to spook him and they can’t yet say with certainty and therefore they can’t put his photo out into the house domain ( which is bad enough if he’s not involved) and then add fuel to the fire by putting out that he is a dangerous individual because of he’s not involved then it can crucify him for life ! But they have to be measured in their approach and I suspect that they think they are on the right lines but are not yet 100% certain hence why they urgently want to speak with him . If that all
    Makes sense . Remember my long post about what goes on behind the scenes ( I will see if I can attach it again for those of you that may not have seen it ), well the SIO would have really had to justify this course of action and this will be documented with precision , the requirements and justification for releasing this photograph against not releasing the photograph, In the SIO’s policy book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.