UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Alyce, Apr 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SocksKitty

SocksKitty Former Member

Interesting that you are saying distance isn't much of an issue as there has been a man in the South East, Brighton area who has been hanging around a local cemetery flashing at people in the last few weeks. Also reports of someone hiding up on the South Downs. I am trying to get some more info by joining some forums.

2. SocksKitty

SocksKitty Former Member

Interesting that you are saying distance isn't much of an issue as there has been a man in the South East, Brighton area who has been hanging around a local cemetery flashing at people in the last few weeks. Also reports of someone hiding up on the South Downs. I am trying to get some more info by joining some forums.
    Interesting that you mention the South East as there has been a man in the South East, Brighton area who has been hanging around a local cemetery flashing at people in the last few weeks. Also reports of someone hiding up on the South Downs staring at dog walkers. I am just trying to gather all the information.

IHAVENOCLUE and Marg from Oz like this.
  3. SocksKitty

SocksKitty Former Member

Interesting that you mention the South East as there has been a man in the South East, Brighton area who has been hanging around a local cemetery flashing at people in the last few weeks. Also reports of someone hiding up on the South Downs staring at dog walkers. I am just trying to gather all the information.

4. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I'm going for two different perps, with different motivations. However, I really like your thoughts and reasoning.

I think the JJ perp is probably someone with some kind of psychosis issues. I don't think that's the case with the MR attacker, I think this one had a clear motive and knew exactly what they were doing and why.

5. tallmansix

tallmansix Well-Known Member

Some additional information I've gathered from the original photo on the police website - note this could be wrong depending on how the photo has been processed after capture but I assume the police will be showing the highest possible resolution for maximum detail although I may be wrong.

This may give some context in terms of how it was taken - i.e. even though it looks like a close up, it probably isn't:

You can clearly see digital artefacts in the photo that confirm this is quite zoomed / cropped

Photo is relatively low resolution 225 x 370 pixels suggesting it is heavily cropped / digitally zoomed

A modern mobile phone takes photos around 4000 x 3000 pixels (12 megapixels) so this image would be only less than 5% of a full size mobile phone photo.

If it was body worn video camera the resolution would probably be 1920 x 1080 so again suggesting this is heavily cropped - about 10-20% of the full image.

Examples below of how big the original image could have been to help give context to the photo

upload_2021-5-7_16-39-2.png

upload_2021-5-7_16-39-12.png

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Al Ka, IHAVENOCLUE, Manxy and 26 others like this.
  6. wednesday78

wednesday78 Active Member

Super helpful to get a sense of how zoomed in this is. I find it interesting that most of the MSM are using the cropped version of the pic without his blue Nike bag, it's actually quite hard to find a full length version of the pic... I wonder if this is just because it fits better with the format of online new articles or whether two versions were released.

7. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

The South Downs National Park area covers around 630 square miles, so I'm sure there are lots of people hiding out there tbf!

8. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

9. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Do you think the police have a full body head to foot image,but are only releasing his face and upper body?

Looking at the sky and light can anyone work out what time of day it was taken?

10. FOXINBOX

FOXINBOX Well-Known Member

Have trawled through an awful lot of emotional articles in the British Press, but, didn't seem to find much real information. Hope something will come from cell phone analysis.

11. kittythehare

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    IHAVENOCLUE, Marg from Oz and Kaykedi like this.
  12. kate2931

kate2931 Well-Known Member

Just popped on since seeing the photo this afternoon .... wow. Interesting.

looking like very much a random Murder

yeah, if not Julia then another female (maybe male...)

wonder where this photo has surfaced from and why !

13. kate2931

We are only barely 18 months after Lindsay Birbeck, a random murder.

It’s not so hard to imagine it’s the case here again ...

14. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

15. porkypies

porkypies Well-Known Member

I wonder if the photo released is of one of the 'multiple persons' who discovered the body? Maybe he was the first person there, and left the scene before the police came along, then someone else saw him subsequently and took the pic, and the other people who found the body have identified him as being there?
    That would explain a few things, including the releasing of the photo.

16. kate2931

tell me if I’m wrong but I thought I read the picture was taken the day after Julia was found ?

nao, Crazy Mama, sassyblue and 6 others like this.
  17. kittythehare

It depends upon how yo use it.
    It's excellent for academia and criminology.
    But necessary to edit and report violating accounts frequently. That's work but it's worth doing.
    You will also find new information quickly, valuable info that won't make MSM.
    I love it but I take no prisoners.

18. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Agree - far more helpful to have the pic showing the bag

19. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

I know it can be useful but the bad outweighs the good IMO, so I tend to avoid it, certainly on things like this case (and football).

sassyblue, Marg from Oz and elliefant like this.
  20. Grouse

Grouse Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Why publish a picture that LE have released to get information from the public, and then crop half of it out? MSM I mean, it was the full picture on the police website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.