UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that has cleared up where the image more than likely came from. Looking again at his face , are there scratches on his face ,to the side of his chin?

You might be right @Skigh. Good eye!

When I enlarge the photo, I see what may be a vertical scratch, or it could be a scar, on his forehead, running up from the outer edge of the eyebrow.

Does anyone else see what I've described?

Oh dear, countless people have facial scratches from – I don't know – maybe the family cat or an afternoon gathering blackberries. This man may have valuable information about what happened to Julia and be completely innocent of any crime, but would LE risk permanently tainting the reputation of a law-abiding citizen by associating him with the heinous deed of murder?

I think that he might have been flying drones often in that area.

Hencewhy the witness seeing him few times out in the field and the holdall bag.

Police might just hoped to get hold of his drone footage as it might have the 'vital information'.

Thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE
I wonder if the youtube guy gave the police any information about others who fly drones in the area. I don't think his footage was of any use as taken a few weeks earlier but he may have got word around.

Thanks Mrs W. The first article says they are no longer seeking information about him at this time.

I read it as they have identified him, and possibly located him, but I dont read that they have "eliminated him from their enquiries". Not yet, anyway.

Could he be deceased? Are there any new presences in the area that might suggest a new localised forensics operation?

If this man isn't the suspect/perp, then Kent Police can expect a claim at court for damages.

My impression of The Mystery Guy is that he looked too well-groomed to be living rough. What we can see of him, he looks clean and his stuff looks well taken care of. Bag not smudged or frayed. Hands, what can see in the fingerless gloves, didn't look dirty. Bit of scruff on his chin, but I chalk that up to unfortunate fashion trends.

Could he be deceased? Are there any new presences in the area that might suggest a new localised forensics operation?

If this man isn't the suspect/perp, then Kent Police can expect a claim at court for damages.
I wondered about that as well. His face has been EVERYWHERE and if he has nothing to do with the crime, they need to get that out loud and clear.

My impression of The Mystery Guy is that he looked too well-groomed to be living rough. What we can see of him, he looks clean and his stuff looks well taken care of. Bag not smudged or frayed. Hands, what can see in the fingerless gloves, didn't look dirty. Bit of scruff on his chin, but I chalk that up to unfortunate fashion trends.

He also was not making any attempt to disguise himself by putting his hood up .

But surely the police would notice all that about him when looking at the photo. They must have had advice and good reason for making his picture public .

My thoughts when I suggested possibly homeless/sleeping rough wasn’t someone who has been so long term. He looks fairly young (under 25 imo) and could of simply come upon hard times recently or been asked to leave the family home and been drifting for a few days. COVID has had a massive affect on the services which would ordinarily be available for someone who’s found themselves in that position.
Of course chances are he isn’t a homeless person but I don’t believe the fact he looks fairly “well kept” means much at all. I have a family friend who is autistic and spends a lot of time in local woods and fields as it’s where he feels at ease and in peace, if he ever found himself in a position where he had no where to stay then I would expect to see him in those types of places
JMO

Thanks Mrs W. The first article says they are no longer seeking information about him at this time.

I read it as they have identified him, and possibly located him, but I dont read that they have "eliminated him from their enquiries". Not yet, anyway.

BBM - it says “I can confirm we have identified the man in the photo and we no longer need the media to run his image, nor do we need further information about him at this time.”

I'm assuming this means they probably have located him, otherwise surely they would still want the image being published?

I wondered about that as well. His face has been EVERYWHERE and if he has nothing to do with the crime, they need to get that out loud and clear.

That statement released seemed deliberately vague, as I said before if not for the last sentence I would say he's nothing to do with it. To say "Despite identifying this individual, we are still keen to hear from those who have information that may help us." could easily be interpreted as they think they have their man. The fact that they haven't got anything out loud and clear as you say could also lend weight to this. If he is nothing to do with it though he's every reason to feel aggrieved.

If he has been dismissed and not held for questioning I'd expect the press to track him down before too long, so we may hear something later today in that regard. Could be that he's being questioned though with charges pending.

That statement released seemed deliberately vague, as I said before if not for the last sentence I would say he's nothing to do with it. To say "Despite identifying this individual, we are still keen to hear from those who have information that may help us." could easily be interpreted as they think they have their man. The fact that they haven't got anything out loud and clear as you say could also lend weight to this. If he is nothing to do with it though he's every reason to feel aggrieved.

If he has been dismissed and not held for questioning I'd expect the press to track him down before too long, so we may hear something later today in that regard. Could be that he's being questioned though with charges pending.
I think he is being held for questioning, or possibly deceased. If either is true, I agree we will hear today most likely.

Seems inconceivable to me that there would be two so similar murders within such a small space of time (Julia James & Maria Rawlings) and for these to not be linked. Snowdown has a train station with journeys ending in london and I think following a murder in a small community it would make perfect sense for the perpetrator to get out of the area and travel to a large urban city. Surely it should be possible in london to have a much better chance of identifying someone owing to the plethora of CCTV, dash cams etc compared to a rural location.

Yes, possibly Scorpiette although I dont think it's very likely. You just never know.

Interesting that we have a poster @adamjamesc who lives locally, and saw police just yesterday searching those woods adjacent to where the photo/sighting was made 10 days ago .

ETA: although we don't know how long the police have had the photo in their possession so I might be jumping to conclusions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam