UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, they now know who he is but haven’t been able to find him yet to speak to... as for arresting, I imagine they would need something more compelling than “being seen in the vicinity the following day” in order to make an arrest. But we won’t have heard anything if they haven’t even been able to question him, so I can’t eg see there being a warrant put out for his arrest unless the police have more than they are letting on. Which doesn’t really seem to be the case given the nature of press conferences and news requests to date. I just hope they get a break in the case soon (so some of the less savoury but predictable speculation is put to bed).
Firstly, a little OT but I love your profile picture of DC Jacqui Haymes from the original Crimewatch . She was such a beautiful lady and her presence on screen was fabulous because she was so very professional yet so empathetic and caring too!
Anyway, I don’t know if you are from the U.K. or not ( I suspect so because of your profile pic but I may be wrong). For the purpose of your comment and for my fellow WS’s across the pond, in the U.K. it is so very different, the process leading up to an arrest , than it is in the USA and beyond. In the U.K., providing you have justification, you can arrest any person in the process of committing the offence, or about to commit an offence or you suspect they are about to commit an offence, and you have reasonable grounds to believe that they are involved in the commission of an offence and their arrest is necessary for the prompt and effective investigation of the offence, necessary to obtain evidence by way of questioning and to prevent interference with witnesses or evidence and to prevent the offender causing physical injury to himself and causing physical injury to others and to prevent loss of or damage to property .
We don’t have arrest warrants. We can arrest as many times as we like provided we can justify it.
And this is directed as no person in particular but just because the Police aren’t telling you anything in press conferences or otherwise, doesn’t mean that they don’t know or have an idea as to what has happened and who is responsible.

Or, they now know who he is but haven’t been able to find him yet to speak to... as for arresting, I imagine they would need something more compelling than “being seen in the vicinity the following day” in order to make an arrest. But we won’t have heard anything if they haven’t even been able to question him, so I can’t eg see there being a warrant put out for his arrest unless the police have more than they are letting on. Which doesn’t really seem to be the case given the nature of press conferences and news requests to date. I just hope they get a break in the case soon (so some of the less savoury but predictable speculation is put to bed).
Firstly, a little OT but I love your profile picture of DC Jacqui Haymes from the original Crimewatch . She was such a beautiful lady and her presence on screen was fabulous because she was so very professional yet so empathetic and caring too!
Anyway, I don’t know if you are from the U.K. or not ( I suspect so because of your profile pic but I may be wrong). For the purpose of your comment and for my fellow WS’s across the pond, in the U.K. it is so very different, the process leading up to an arrest , than it is in the USA and beyond. In the U.K., providing you have justification, you can arrest any person in the process of committing the offence, or about to commit an offence or you suspect they are about to commit an offence, and you have reasonable grounds to believe that they are involved in the commission of an offence and their arrest is necessary for the prompt and effective investigation of the offence, necessary to obtain evidence by way of questioning and to prevent interference with witnesses or evidence and to prevent the offender causing physical injury to himself and causing physical injury to others and to prevent loss of or damage to property .
We don’t have arrest warrants. We can arrest as many times as we like provided we can justify it.
And this is directed as no person in particular but just because the Police aren’t telling you anything in press conferences or otherwise, doesn’t mean that they don’t know or have an idea as to what has happened and who is responsible.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No that is not Julia's house so I am presuming it is where the arrested man lives or has connections to.

I've just done a little search of the Aylesham area on google maps - there isn't street view for the area that I believe the house/houses they are searching as shown in this article (Police and forensics searching property), although you can see the length of the street name in the image on Kent Live despite it being blurred. I think I've worked out where it is but as it may be incorrect am I allowed to post it here? JMO

I've just done a little search of the Aylesham area on google maps - there isn't street view for the area that I believe the house/houses they are searching as shown in this article (Police and forensics searching property), although you can see the length of the street name in the image on Kent Live despite it being blurred. I think I've worked out where it is but as it may be incorrect am I allowed to post it here? JMO

Sunshine Lower Avenue?

The news article names the street.

I expect given that there is a photo of the house where police are searching in the media it will be easy on google maps to pin point the exact location.

It appears to be Sunshine Corner Avenue (I could be wrong but their are photos online of houses along it being built a few years ago and them seem to match up as does the trees at the end of the street. There is no street view on GM for it though. Please let me know if I should delete this or I'm not allowed to post. MOO

Sunshine Lower Avenue?

The news article names the street.

I think they've got it wrong as from a google search Sunshine Lower Avenue doesn't exist but Sunshine Corner Avenue does. Either that or they've been told not to reveal the actual name of the street so people don't go and watch the search. MOO

MSM are reporting it as - Sunshine Lower Avenue

Police and forensics search property in Aylesham (kentonline.co.uk)

I think you can probably post a photo of the house from google maps as it has already been released by the media but probably best to blot out the house number and for obvious reasons no names from the electoral register. There must be a list of rules of do's and don'ts somewhere on websleuths.

I think you can probably post a photo of the house from google maps as it has already been released by the media but probably best to blot out the house number and for obvious reasons no names from the electoral register. There must be a list of rules of do's and don'ts somewhere on websleuths.

There is no street view but from google maps I believe the home is on this street:

(the one shown on the map in the centre of the image, running vertically from where the trees are and going diagonally (sorry I'm useless at naming google maps) MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 14.49.57.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 14.49.57.png
    425.5 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics