GUILTY UK - Katie Kenyon, 33, may have left w/man in car, Burnley, 22 Apr 2022 *ARREST*

Reading that they aren’t in the position to formally identify the body is upsetting. Implies it isn’t in a natural state

It's been lying in a forest for a week, so naturally there will have been changes.
They will need to gather evidence, and a post mortem will be carried out before they can move on to formal identification.

Last edited:
A confusing case because if their relationship was in such a bad way that he could do what he appears to have done to Katie, then I can’t believe she would have got into a van with him willingly.
I agree , Altho unfortunately we will probably never know why or for what reason poor Katie got into that van. If she was posting some belongings thru his letterbox maybe he asked for the rest of his things , if she had any , and offered drive her home for them . I’m sure if she sensed anything funny she wouldn’t of accepted a lift off him. I keep thinking what must’ve gone thru her head when she realised they were going a different way she must’ve been so scared the poor girl . <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m also curious where she left her car . It’s restricted parking on Tod rd so if she left it there in the hope of popping to the house then quickly back again , there is parking round the back for residents etc but I’d only park there if I was expected to stay for a while .

It’s odd isn’t it, when the poor girl in Plymouth was missing the police said it was a “member of the public” who gave them the information that led to discovering her body. Then in the court case it turns out that “member of the public” was the killer himself. Strange form of words. This js distinctly *not* my opinion and is on court record.

It is speculation but it is possible Katie was found because of information he forwarded. This is my own speculation.

Its quite possible it was an attack of conscience and he gave the police information, I’m not convinced he would wait until after his second court appearance to do so tho.

The van is quite distinctive, it was day time and an area that while vast, is well used, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone reported a sighting, checked their GoPro/dash cam footage. JMO, obviously.

Heartbroken relatives of Katie Kenyon today paid emotional tributes to the missing mum-of-two – after police confirmed they had found a body.

A social media post from her sister Jenny said: “Will love you forever and always my beautiful big sister.”

Another read: “Can’t thank everybody enough for the support you have all shown for beautiful Katie and Katie’s beautiful children.”

The 33-year-old vanished more than a week ago. But detectives said they had found a woman’s body in the Bolton-by-Bowland forest area of Lancashire on Friday night – hours after a man appeared at a court hearing charged with her murder.

Police said the body was discovered after they received new information.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/heartbroken-family-say-love-murdered-26840777

THOUSANDS have been raised for the family of Katie Kenyon as social media was flooded with tributes for the mum-of-two.

Katie went missing on April 22 after she was thought to be seen getting into a silver transit van which was driven to the Forest of Bowland.

On Saturday morning Lancashire Constabulary confirmed that they had found a body in their search for the Padiham woman.

While official identification is yet to take place, detectives believe the body is that of Katie.

A 50-year-old man, Andrew Burfield of Todmorden Road, Burnley, has been charged with her murder and will stand trial later this year.

Now, more than £10,000 has been raised through a JustGiving page set-up by Katie’s family.

A statement on the page reads: “On Friday the 22nd of April, our heart-breaking nightmare began when our Katie was taken away from her children and family far too soon.

“We as family are putting together this JustGiving page for Katie to have the best send-off that Katie deserves and for Katie’s son and daughter and their future to fulfil Katie’s dreams she had planned with her children.

“As we know you all want to help, this would be the most appreciated way. Any donations will be truly, gratefully received.

“Thank you for all your kind words and support. We know you’re all behind us.”

Thousands raised for family of Katie Kenyon as tributes flood social media

An update in the investigation into the murder of Katie Kenyon.

We can now sadly confirm that the body found in the Forest of Bowland is that of Katie Kenyon.

Police found Katie on Friday following extensive searches and she has now been formally identified as the missing Padiham mum, 33.

Our thoughts remain with Katie’s family and loved ones at this difficult time. The family continues to be supported by specially trained officers.

A Home Office post-mortem examination was conducted yesterday and the cause of death was given as head injuries.

We would like to thank, once again, all those who helped during the search for Katie.

Andrew Burfield, 50, of Todmorden Road in Burnley has appeared in court charged with Katie’s murder and will be face trial in November.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back