GUILTY UK - Katie Kenyon, 33, may have left w/man in car, Burnley, 22 Apr 2022 *ARREST*

Do we know for sure he was the person who slashed her tyres ?
I think this case is difficult to call at the moment...we have no idea if she went with him willingly or not as yet...she could have been back in a relationship with him .. or hated the sight of him ..or anywhere in between.

Last edited:
I think this case is difficult to call at the moment...we have no idea if she went with him willingly or not at as yet...she could have been back in a relationship with him .. or hated the sight of him ..or anywhere in between.
Re the tyres.

I don't believe in such coincidences.
For me it was a sign/warning of his growing grudge/anger which exploded in her murder.

In my opinion - they had an unresolved issue.

And instead of discussing it and trying to solve it with her - he used violence.
He seems to me an unbalanced, vindictive and malicious individual.
Oh and sloppy too (her car left near his home).
MOO

Last edited:
No, we don't. It could even have been random vandalism, or her car mistaken for someone else's.
I think this case is difficult to call at the moment...we have no idea if she went with him willingly or not at as yet...she could have been back in a relationship with him .. or hated the sight of him ..or anywhere in between.
I agree, we simply don't know enough about the circumstances yet to make any judgments.

Slashing of tyres has now appeared to be a precursor to later tragedies for both Alexandra Morgan and now Katie Kenyon. In both scenarios the occurrence was approx a year previously, BUT I am unsure if these attacks were carried out by those detained, particularly in Alex’s case, does it appear strange that it was so prominently reported?

Slashing of tyres has now appeared to be a precursor to later tragedies for both Alexandra Morgan and now Katie Kenyon. In both scenarios the occurrence was approx a year previously, BUT I am unsure if these attacks were carried out by those detained, particularly in Alex’s case, does it appear strange that it was so prominently reported?
Some people chalk the slashing of tyres down as just vandalism.

I think it is much more than that.
It is an act of revenge and terrorizing the victim.

And quite safe for the perp as leaving no or very little evidence.

Some people chalk the slashing of tyres down as just vandalism.

I think it is much more than that.
It is an act of revenge and terrorizing the victim.

And quite safe for the perp as leaving no or very little evidence.

It's absolutely could be relevant we just can't be 100% sure at the minute.
Again if it was him that may have slashed her tyres we still do not know what the level of their relationship was at the time she got into the van. It may well have been a volatile relationship that varied from one month till the next.
Until the trial we will not know how she came to be in the van with him if at all.

No, not strange at all. As we all know, the media hounds chase up all the neighbours for stories and gossip. Slashed tyres are something that neighbours would have seen and talked about.

As they have a relationship, there will be plenty of interactions on social media and messages, phone calls etc. The trial will bring all of this to light, and we will have more understanding of what actually went on that day and in the past.

I have several theories:

- jealousy of an ex

- something connected with kids (was he the father?)

- something connected with his criminal past (did she know something about him?)

But we will get the answers in a few months' time.

Last edited:

In point of fact, Alex Morgan had a window and a mirror damaged, not her tyres, and it occurred some two and a half years before her murder, so the likelihood that they were linked is quite a stretch. Likewise, imo, any sense that what happened to her can shed any light on Katie Kenyon's murder, not least as their relationship with their respective (alleged) killers was different in nature, as far as anyone currently knows.

Alex Morgan re car.jpg

Criminal damage involving parked cars is extremely common, even if only the number of incidents reported to the police is considered. It's far more likely that both of these (neither of which was reported afaik) were random, even though the human brain's overwhelming desire to find patterns means that what happened to these women subsequently makes us (and the neighbours) want to recategorise them as significant.

Police data shows 10% rise in vehicle vandalism in three years

I wasn't familiar with the Alex Morgan case a few of you have mentioned but, a quick Google search says that accused Mark Brown has also been charged with murdering another woman, Leah Ware six months before Alex! very glad he's off the streets.

I think there is potential for Katie's tyre slasher to be the same man charged with her murder but at this stage, I think we don't even know enough to surmise.

The point I was making was that although the incidents were UNLIKELY to be connected, they were widely reported which I found odd. I confess that I briefly wondered upon a connection in the type of personality that both found attractive, seeing as both were killed in similar locations and not at home, but stopped this thought process immediately as it ascribed to there being a victim personality.
Your point regarding regularity of damage occurring, alongside the fact that AM’s was wing mirrors not tyres (thus indicating random vandalism of someone passing by, rather than the personal attack of slashing tyres) concluded this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back