GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

I think a minimum of 35 years is very fitting. I thought Harlow should have had more, as I think (could be wrong) that with good behaviour it could be less?

I also think LH should have got more. He could be out in 4-5 years which does not seem to fit with the Judge's remark of how he would be a danger to women for ** years to come**.
If she had given him 12 minumum I think that would have been more appropriate, considering that the grooming of the two other underage girls was included in the sentencing.

Just read this on the live updates ( Leicester Mercury ) site - ( BIB is mine ) - hope it's accurate.

Beadman will serve a minimum of 35 years and Harlow at least 12 years.

It should be pointed out that a parole board will decide whether they can be safely released at those points.

Both will be subject to restrictions for the rest of their lives, for the sake of the public.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/k...9465068-detail/story.html#Gcl7Vg26YLzXyrHc.99

ETA UK & Eire FB site are also reporting minimum of 12 years for LH

Just read this on the live updates ( Leicester Mercury ) site - ( BIB is mine ) - hope it's accurate.

It should be pointed out that a parole board will decide whether they can be safely released at those points.

Both will be subject to restrictions for the rest of their lives, for the sake of the public.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/k...9465068-detail/story.html#Gcl7Vg26YLzXyrHc.99

I'm watching the interview on the Leicester Mercury link, I don't know who the interviewer is but i'm getting angry listening to the insensitive things he's asking. I don't know how Kayleigh's parents are being so patient and cooperative with him, does anyone else think the same.

Thanks all for the reports, just got in myself.
Good, good, good - but how come Beadman (35 years) got longer than Nathan Matthews (33 years). ? Both too short imo.
I just don't understand how judges work out sentences (sorry O/T)
Why oh why don't we see consecutive sentences

The seems to be some confusion at Harlow's sentence the police statement says 12 years but specifically a minumum of 35 for SB

https://leics.police.uk/news-appeals/news/2016/07/01/kayleigh-haywood-case-men-jailed

My understanding is that when a life sentence is given, the judge must specify how much of that must be served before the offender is considered for parole.

Any non-life sentence is specified as a number of years - I don't think a minimum can be put on it, and usual parole rules apply. I don't know if that is half, I think it is.

I stand to be corrected.

I've never got this half sentence thing. If they mean 6 years, why say 12? Why not just say minimum 6. I know there's "time off for good behaviour" and if Harlow's naughty he could serve the full 12, but the reality is he could be eligible for parole in 5 years and 4 months time. He will still be plenty young enough to be a teen-snatching perv.

That said, I thought he'd get less. And I'm delighted about Beadman, it's not often we hear such long sentences, or not that I can recall, anyway.

Will be interesting to read the full sentencing remarks relating to LH. May clarify the sentencing a bit more

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've never got this half sentence thing. If they mean 6 years, why say 12? Why not just say minimum 6. I know there's "time off for good behaviour" and if Harlow's naughty he could serve the full 12, but the reality is he could be eligible for parole in 5 years and 4 months time. He will still be plenty young enough to be a teen-snatching perv.

It's because the sentence is 12 years. Not 6. He can be released on parole after serving half his sentence, but that's not automatic, and he would be under supervision for the whole of the sentence. If he breaks the parole terms in any way, back to prison he goes at any time until the 12 years is up.

It's because the sentence is 12 years. Not 6. He can be released on parole after serving half his sentence, but that's not automatic, and he would be under supervision for the whole of the sentence. If he breaks the parole terms in any way, back to prison he goes at any time until the 12 years is up.

A-ha, BBM, didn't realise he'd be under supervision all that time. What like, wearing a tag or reporting into a parole officer?

A-ha, BBM, didn't realise he'd be under supervision all that time. What like, wearing a tag or reporting into a parole officer?

Yes, it's no different from lifers being out on licence, except for it being a finite sentence. They only stay out of jail if they behave themselves.

Ah so technically LH will serve 12 years, just that half of it may be out on licence

How did he get longer than Becky's killers? I'm not suggesting that SB should have got less, just that NM and SH should have got way more.

How did he get longer than Becky's killers? I'm not suggesting that SB should have got less, just that NM and SH should have got way more.
I think beadman got longer than Nathan Matthews because in Becky's case, there was no evidence of sexual assault/rape and at least (if there's any saving grace) Becky's death was swift compared to being beaten beyond recognition with a rock(?) and then left to die a slow death ... in Becky's case, one of the most shocking aspects was her being dismembered but at least, for her, that happened after death. :(

There has been a film made called "Kayleigh's Love Story". You can watch the trailer here https://leics.police.uk/categories/kayleighs-love-story and there is information about screenings.

I believe it'll be available online from January in fill. It is a reconstruction on parts of the last 2 weeks of Kayleigh's life. The trailer is quite upsetting to watch but I think it will help to warn others of the dangers of social media.

Happy 16th Birthday Kayleigh!! 🕯🎂🎉

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

http://www.hinckleytimes.net/news/l...leigh-haywood-12397069#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Leicestershire Police release Kayleigh Haywood film to public

"A chilling film about a Leicestershire schoolgirl who was groomed online before being raped and murdered has been published online.

The video, called Kayleigh’s Love Story, shows how 15-year-old Measham girl Kayleigh Haywood was bombarded with messages from a stranger over a period of two weeks.

Kayleigh was eventually persuaded to spend the night at Luke Harlow’s house in Ibstock before his neighbour, Stephen Beadman, dragged the teenager into nearby woodland, where he raped and murdered her.

The five-minute film was made by Leicestershire Police to warn of the dangers of grooming and sexual exploitation."

Homeless man, 20, who sent explicit sexts and arranged to meet schoolgirl Kayleigh Haywood, 15, days before she was raped and murdered faces jail

Bruce Cordwell, of no fixed address, was not involved in her killing but has admitted arranging to meet Kayleigh with the intention of carrying out sexual intercourse not reasonably believing she was aged 16 or over. [He] admitted messaging and trying to meet the 15-year-old for sex in November 2015, despite knowing her age.

After the case, it emerged that, at the time of Kayleigh's murder, Cordwell criticised her killers on Facebook. In a post five days after her death on November 19, he said: 'Wtf the *advertiser censored** Kayleigh Jade Louise X r.i.p heaven has got another angel. Luke harlow you little scum bag you need *advertiser censored**ing shooting you and your scummy mate she was 15teen years old you rats
'My thoughts are with her and her family rest in peace kayleigh you will be missed.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...led-Kayleigh-Haywood-texts.html#ixzz4WEcYIDJZ

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back