GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 Nov 2015 - #2

btw sleuth-d, do you know for sure he was arrested at his home?

Dunno what's going on with my life this week, I seem to only be able to read in little fragments.

Has anyone done a definitive timeline? I know K went out Fri night, contacted home Sat morning and after that I'm lost. When were the clothes/phone found? When did searches start? When did it hit the media?

Another possibility - maybe Kayleigh went to use her phone to call her parents or call for help and he knocked it out of her hands. He wouldn't necessarily see it as it would lead to him so he wasn't that bothered about finding it and hiding it. Or maybe she was fighting him and he couldn't let go of her to get the phone or she would run off.

btw sleuth-d, do you know for sure he was arrested at his home?

no, not for sure...
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/m...goes-missing/story-28183887-detail/story.html

"Two men, aged 27 and 28, have been arrested in connection with Kayleigh's disappearance.

They were detained in the Coalville and Ibstock areas late on Sunday night/early Monday morning and are being questioned by detectives."

i assumed most likely, that in the early hours he would have been at home, but you are right... he could have been driving around the ibstock area... or at someone else's house i suppose.

Wow! This thread is moving fast. I've barely got through the first thread and here we are at page 6 already.

I really didn't expect to be back here with everyone so soon.

Until I'm totally caught up, my only comment is that I find the age difference extremely disconcerting. As a friend, a sibling, parent, relative I wouldn't care how the relationship was portrayed. I would be most likely be in the middle of it, doing all the wrong things to put an end to it and I would probably call the Police as well.

The age difference is the kicker for me. That's just not right. MOO

So whoever reported them must have known on the Sunday that Kayleigh was missing already ? a friend of the family then ? as dont think there was any announcement by the police on that day, was there ?

It's a possibility. News travels fast on the ground in small communities.

I didn't see it myself but somebody mentioned that Kayleigh's brother was asking if anybody knew where LH was on Sunday. I imagine at some point they had spoken to Kayleigh's best friend and realised she wasn't stopping there and possibly got the name from her.

Aahh, it's been a long day at the end of a very long week for me .......... of course ! parents would have checked the supposed whereabouts of Kayleigh, discovered the lies and then got LHs name from the friend.

and then I wonder exactly what it was that made them make the arrests so quickly ? I mean LH and SB could have said Kayleigh had departed back home far as they knew.

Aahh, it's been a long day at the end of a very long week for me .......... of course ! parents would have checked the supposed whereabouts of Kayleigh, discovered the lies and then got LHs name from the friend.

and then I wonder exactly what it was that made them make the arrests so quickly ? I mean LH and SB could have said Kayleigh had departed back home far as they knew.

For LH not to be charged (yet) in connection with the murder, he must have given a story of not being with SB after he last saw Kayleigh.

Perhaps LH went to his family home after kayleigh left, and SB then followed Kayleigh. It must have been pretty instantaneous for her to not have got very far, or an offer of a lift to drop her back near her home, but then I'm not getting why the phone was found on the path.

no, not for sure...
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/m...goes-missing/story-28183887-detail/story.html

"Two men, aged 27 and 28, have been arrested in connection with Kayleigh's disappearance.

They were detained in the Coalville and Ibstock areas late on Sunday night/early Monday morning and are being questioned by detectives."

i assumed most likely, that in the early hours he would have been at home, but you are right... he could have been driving around the ibstock area... or at someone else's house i suppose.
Could the broken lock be due to an early morning raid type arrest?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Door looks fine to me. I am feverish and half asleep though.

91Q-sozzwa8_1jKqqtPA19CmAz9W7gIsYPQWok0okyYuS1K-lOZTsfW67B8QZzNZUj1cFKJ6Xx_R9a71ubaO=s16383

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=z9ujZkJ3xpI4.khYjBF8n1aVo

Just thought, I bet SB was visiting relatives when police were looking for him and that's part of why they felt so angry.

Btw, thanks for everyone's replies to my earlier long post.

Edinlass, I hope you didn't think I was portraying LH as a victim, or being disrespectful to Kayleigh and her family. I don't see him as a victim at all, but equally don't like to see him condemned for more than he has been charged with. And that is not the same as saying we shouldn't speculate that he had further involvement either. I just needed to check out why others may have him down as some sort of evil monster, when I see his behaviour as reprehensible and wrong, and possibly bordering on perverse, but not sick, based on the charges. I don't know maybe I'm making it worse and not explaining properly.

I don't want anyone to feel they can't say what they want to because of what I've posted, and I suppose I needed to explore my own morals and values a bit more.

Last night I spent about 20mins trying to write my thoughts down after the charges were made public. I gave up because I couldn't articulate my viewpoint clearly enough that I felt people would understand. I think your post did it very well.

One great thing about Websleuths is we're all wanting to use an evidence-based approach to forming our viewpoint about a case. We all look at the same/similar credible information.... yet end up with very different theories. I love that we're able to debate and brainstorm because it really can challenge your theories and help form better ones. We're not always going to agree though!

Don't feel that you have to explore your own values! Whilst some people may not agree or see your point of view, others of us do see what you're saying. When more information comes out, we'll adjust our theories and views accordingly :)

As the mother of a 15 year old daughter this case is a little too close to home. I'm very overprotective and I like to have all of the details before I allow my child to go anywhere, she has never had a sleepover where I haven't been in contact on the evening before sleep to make sure she is ok and in the morning. I also like to have the parents details where she is staying should there be an emergency. I do weekly phone, iPad and laptop checks and each time I find that social media accounts that I do not consider to be age appropriate are found they are swiftly deleted.

There is no point to this post really I'm also not trying to blame her parents because they are not responsible for what happened but I do feel like maybe parents should be more aware of their children and monitor their social media accounts/whereabouts more.

For LH not to be charged (yet) in connection with the murder, he must have given a story of not being with SB after he last saw Kayleigh.

Perhaps LH went to his family home after kayleigh left, and SB then followed Kayleigh. It must have been pretty instantaneous for her to not have got very far, or an offer of a lift to drop her back near her home, but then I'm not getting why the phone was found on the path.

Or SB could have offered them both a lift home. LH doesnt drive, Kayleigh obviously doesnt.....and if local bus service there is like it is round by me on a Sunday, then buses would be thin on the ground.
Drops LH off first and then tries it on with Kayleigh, with tragic results.

Police track down LH that evening, he says SB dropped him off and then took Kayleigh home.
Police then track down SB who can't offer good enough story and is brought in for questioning, as being the last known person to see Kayleigh.

Only thing that doesn't work in this scenario though is why would SB double back towards Ibstock to leave Kayleigh's body there. If he was already at Coalville he would likely go further north towards Belton ( which he knows well ).

It was said (not publicly on here) that Kyle (Kayleigh's brother) wrote on FB Saturday afternoon/ evening asking for LH's whereabouts as needs to talk with him. Whoever told me this should be able to confirm.

Or SB could have offered them both a lift home. LH doesnt drive, Kayleigh obviously doesnt.....and if local bus service there is like it is round by me on a Sunday, then buses would be thin on the ground.
Drops LH off first and then tries it on with Kayleigh, with tragic results.

Police track down LH that evening, he says SB dropped him off and then took Kayleigh home.
Police then track down SB who can't offer good enough story and is brought in for questioning, as being the last known person to see Kayleigh.

Only thing that doesn't work in this scenario though is why would SB double back towards Ibstock to leave Kayleigh's body there. If he was already at Coalville he would likely go further north towards Belton ( which he knows well ).

Maybe she was alive, taken to the secluded spot where he raped and killed her. I doubt he took her back to his house and killed her there because IMO the police would have charged him much sooner with that evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back