Initial reconstruction

Age range: 30 - 45
Ethnicity: White European
Height: 198cm (6 ft 5 ins)
Build: Thin

Date found: 07 October 1980
Body or remains: Body

Circumstances:
Male body found on the beach at the bottom of Shakespeare Cliffs, Dover. Believed male had jumped from the top. He had nicotine stained fingers suggesting he was a smoker.

Hair: Dark brown - curly
Facial hair: Clean shaven
Eye colour: Unknown
Distinguishing features: Mark - unspecified - finger

Clothing:
Jacket - casual - beige - unknown - fawn zip up jacket, knitted collar- cuffs. "st michaels 40-42"
Jumper - v neck - grey - unknown - "st michaels" 40" chest
Jumper - v neck - blue - unknown - "conte cristo" size 38"
Trousers - unknown - grey - unknown
Underwear - underpants - blue - unknown - "oscar"
Belt - brown - unknown - leather belt
Socks - grey - unknown

There's not much material regarding this John Doe. There are sensitive images in the MPU case if you've allowed those settings - I find his initial reconstruction quite haunting, and the PM photos show a handsome chap with a scruffy Bob Dylan look about him.

A forensic artist named Hew Morrison also created a reconstruction in 2022.

Facebook - Hew Morrison Forensic Art

276215543_1703208796692015_5652958466017400026_n.jpg

There's not much material regarding this John Doe. There are sensitive images in the MPU case if you've allowed those settings - I find his initial reconstruction quite haunting, and the PM photos show a handsome chap with a scruffy Bob Dylan look about him.

A forensic artist named Hew Morrison also created a reconstruction in 2022.

Facebook - Hew Morrison Forensic Art

View attachment 453287

Thanks for starting this thread. I remember seeing this case years ago on the Missing Persons Unit and I found the initial reconstruction picture quite scary. I've now looked at the PM photo for the first time and I like the new reconstruction better, it's much more like the PM photo IMO. It might be me or the angle of the PM pic but does he have quite a prominent nose? Also wondering about the small marks on his lower face and neck, could have been caused by the fall but he could have maybe had a skin complaint of some sort.

St Michael's branded clothing suggests Marks & Spencer. Photos of the clothing might have been helpful, it's a shame there are none supplied. Ditto dental info.

At 6' 5" he must have been quite a distinctive looking guy. Someone must have known him and wondered what had become of him.

Thanks for starting this thread. I remember seeing this case years ago on the Missing Persons Unit and I found the initial reconstruction picture quite scary. I've now looked at the PM photo for the first time and I like the new reconstruction better, it's much more like the PM photo IMO. It might be me or the angle of the PM pic but does he have quite a prominent nose? Also wondering about the small marks on his lower face and neck, could have been caused by the fall but he could have maybe had a skin complaint of some sort.

St Michael's branded clothing suggests Marks & Spencer. Photos of the clothing might have been helpful, it's a shame there are none supplied. Ditto dental info.

At 6' 5" he must have been quite a distinctive looking guy. Someone must have known him and wondered what had become of him.

Yeah, the initial one really sticks in the mind, doesn't it? Almost looks like he's tear-stained.

I would definitely agree with the nose prominence, he must have looked quite Roman! Definitely distinctive with that height and those features. The skin lesions I would say are peri- or post-mortem - the report states the only distinguishing marks were on the gent's finger, but we all know we can't totally rely on the reports for accuracy. It's definitely plausible that he had a skin condition in life.

Is his body interred or otherwise still available so a DNA or isotope analysis can be performed?

Is his body interred or otherwise still available so a DNA or isotope analysis can be performed?
Uncertain. I believe UIDs in the UK are usually buried in an unmarked grave which the police have a record of. Not sure if we'd be able to get any info on whether the gentleman's remains are available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back