Identified! UK - Kidderminster, man's body found in pond, Dec'13 - Paul Humphries

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by zwiebel, Dec 27, 2013.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

This seems very strange. A man's body was discovered in a tiny, tiny pond in the front yard of a crowded suburban street in Kidderminster, England, the day after Christmas.

You have to look carefully at the pic of the house at the link, to see how unlikely it seems an adult could even fit in that pond, let alone drown in it. If it wasn't foul play - and it's row houses, where I'd have thought someone would have heard a fight or scuffle - maybe the poor person just passed out? With their head in the pond?

I don't know, it just seems so strange...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-25518803

2. Loading...

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

That street will be well lit, but even if he cut across the yard in the dark and stumbled into the pond, I doubt it's more than knee high at the deepest part and just not big enough for even a tiny adult to fall completely into, surely?

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

He has been identified as Paul Humphries, 41.

He lived in the area and had been ill on Christmas day when a friend checked on him. Paul was single and lived alone. Police are treating his death as unexplained and appealing for witnesses who may have seen him Christmas night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-25527920

5. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Maybe he felt so ill that night he went to the neighbour's for help, but just never made it?

Despite being found in the pond, that may not be connected to his cause of death, I suppose.