BILL COSBY SENTENCED 3 TO 10 YEARS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT
JOIN THE WEBSLEUTHS DISCUSSION

GUILTY UK - Kye Backhouse, 13, dies of morphine OD, Cumbria, 9 Oct 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by zwiebel, Oct 10, 2014.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A 48-year-old man has been arrested and charged with manslaughter, following the discovery of the body of 'sweet' 13-year-old Kye Backhouse, at his home in Barrow, Cumbria. Kye lived there with his father, Kevin Morton. The suspect's name has not been released.

Locals have told media that Kye was a very sweet boy, who had not attended school much because, they say, he was severely bullied at Furness Academy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-arrested-after-bullied-boy-4410494

Attached Files:

2. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A post mortem is being held today and so I suspect a cause of death will be announced quickly.

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I'm not sure why the newspaper articles are concentrating so much on the bullying factor - I think that may be totally unconnected with this young boy's death.

Does sound like there may be a backstory to this case though. Poor little lad.

4. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

5. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

How sad. What a heartbreaking life this poor young man led -- bullied at school and then killed by a middle-aged adult. Why has the name of the suspect not been released? I wonder if he is the one who called LE. This gives the impression that the man didn't attempt to conceal the crime:

<snipped>

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co..._question_man_in_connection_with_boy_s_death/

The man was detained on suspicion of manslaughter. Does this charge signify criminal neglect?

Since Kye and the suspect were on the same property so early in the morning, I wonder if they were related.

6. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

Tribute to Kye Backhouse who died in Barrow
    13 October 2014 Last updated at 10:39 ET

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-29602412

UPDATE: MAN ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH DEATH OF BARROW SCHOOLBOY RELEASED ON BAIL
    Last updated at 14:53, Monday, 13 October 2014

Read more at .....

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/home/updat...-in-connection-with-death-of-boy-13-1.1167438

7. edgedweller

edgedweller Member

Any more news on this case? BBC said that the man (Kevin Morton) was due in court on 18th December on a charge of manslaughter, but I can't find anything.

8. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

9. edgedweller

edgedweller Member

Thank you- I was hoping it hasn't just disappeared from the news. Very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. edgedweller

edgedweller Member

Did anything happen on 30th March?

11. SweetT

SweetT Active Member

I do not understand how and why they continue to let people who they feel or know killed someone out on bail? I dont get it.

12. edgedweller

edgedweller Member

Was there a hearing? I know, it beggars belief.

13. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

I haven't seen any more about the hearing. Nothing at all about this in the news.

14. SleuthBear

SleuthBear New Member

He seems to taken have responsibility... also per the article he had posted on facebook previously in admittance to the accidental killing:

A father has admitted killing his 13-year-old son by giving him a morphine tablet when the boy complained that he was feeling ill.

Kevin Morton gave his son Kye Backhouse an extremely strong painkiller, a court heard - a mistake which he says he will 'have to try and live with it for the rest of my life'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3039740/Father-admits-killing-13-year-old-son-giving-morphine-tablet.html

15. edgedweller

edgedweller Member

Thanks for the info. How sad. If it's true, then I feel awful for the father - he has to live with that mistake.

16. lillybell

lillybell Active Member

Rip kye, this is so very sad. If it's right that the father gave him the painkiller thinking it would help his boy, then that father has to live with that for the rest of his life. I don't think any punishment could be worse that that.

I wish people would seek advise regarding medication for children before giving it to them. You call walk into a chemist or call nhs direct and your Drs to check.
    My daughter has asthma and can't take certain medications, if I'm unsure I always check first.

17. edgedweller

edgedweller Member

I once took co-coda mol for a bad headache, while I was breastfeeding my son. I read later that 5% of babies process this drug and it turns to morphine/heroin in their system and can be life-threatening! I was very lucky that my son was fine, but it goes to show that it's easy to make a silly mistake. I made sure that my fellow mums were all aware after that.

18. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

This is very sad, to think that Kye's dad inadvertently killed him while only trying to help him. Not what I had imagined.

19. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

20. sar2them1984

sar2them1984 Active Member