Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it's unlikely Leah vanished of her own accord.

Does she know anyone who lives on her routes to work, have any any of the houses in that area been searched?

Would hope the police have checked out all the members of the club (if any) who live along her routes to work and any friends/online friends/tinder contacts or anything like that who live in the area she took

I wondered about the valentines day connection too, when she arrived at work on the thursday (valentines day) she had a face like thunder and looked a bit dishevelled, like she could have had an argument with someone who had let her down for valentines day, not given her present or had cancelled dinner that night.

So it is not impossible he was like “come round to mine before work on Friday and i will give you a present to make up for it” she did, and it went wrong

I think surprise grab from behind and martial arts can completely go out the window. Add a second perp even more so. She's a shy young woman who excelled in a sport with very defined rules.

For me it's either a surprise grab from a stranger or someone she knows well enough to get into a vehicle voluntarily.

Her mum said that she used to change her routes regularly so she could not be tracked, so as she was aware of the dangers I would imagine she would be continually on her guard (bit like i am walking through unlit areas on a friday/sat night etc) so would be ready to use any martial arts moves that can disable an attacker, so i doubt the element of surprise, the whole thing looks to me like someone she knew

Her mum said that she used to change her routes regularly so she could not be tracked, so as she was aware of the dangers I would imagine she would be continually on her guard (bit like i am walking through unlit areas on a friday/sat night etc) so would be ready to use any martial arts moves that can disable an attacker, so i doubt the element of surprise, the whole thing looks to me like someone she knew

I agree that for me it's likely to be someone she knows. But I'm not sure shed be on guard at 8:30am in broad daylight on a commute to work.

As I've said previously, varying of her route could have taken her up past the sports club where a car park runs adjacent to the path with trees in between and could well be a good spot to grab someone unseen.

Like you say though, it's probably more likely she got in a vehicle with someone she knows.

Her parents also mention that her work once made the mistake of thinking she didn't turn up when in reality she was on holiday leave. They did say they started to panic when they found out she wasn't on holiday, so maybe they were hoping that there was some sort of error? And if Leah only lives with her parents and they need to leave before 7:30am, there would be no way of knowing whether she actually left in the morning or later in the day.

Considering they only found out around 5pm and they both needed time to get home, idk if they actually waited all that long in total.
I think it also depends on the space in which she works. I know that I can arrive at work and not run into my boss until noon if one of us had to go somewhere for a meeting or to another part of the building, etc. I think, for a while at least, it is easy to assume that you just haven't run into someone yet on any given day. You assume others have seen a person even if you didn't. Again, not sure what her workplace is like...also, she is technically an adult. If I didn't show up to work for just one day (even though i am extremely reliable and would always contact someone if I wasn't going to be in), I think people would try to get in touch with me during that day and not necessarily worry until I didn't show up for a second day in a row...

I am puzzled about this .
I can not see no interest,this is the sort of story the press know readers will be interested to read about and the police usually encourage publicity to see if any one has further information.

Unless there is information not being told to the public I can not see her running off.

Well her story's been on BBC, ITV, Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail, Star, etc. It's not like it's being ignored. Unfortunately, after the initial flurry of investigation, there's been very little to report.

As Douglas Adams put it: “You can’t sustain a story, you know, when the only news is the continuing absence of whatever the story’s about.”

IMO someone close to the family knows exactly what happened, and the only way the case will move forward is if and when any suspicious actions on their part are reported to Police.

Knew this would not be Leah the suspicion seemed to be that she had something to hide as wouldnt give her name.

But if a random stranger asked me what my name was I wouldn't tell them, I might say a few other words though.
I agree, this is what I posted about last night, but for some reason it was deleted due to being classed as romour even tough it was reported on a news page. I’m personally not clear on what the WS rules are about posting a news story from the news if it’s not yet been verified. It’s rather confusing. If the above link is okay (I can’t see why not) and my one wasn’t. I’m hoping to learn fast.

:oops:
I think part of the delay is down to denial of the situation. I had a friend die in a car accident a few years ago - he was supposed to meet his mum to go shopping, but she hadn't heard anything and was ringing around friends to find out where he was. Right up until I got the call to tell me he died (approximately four hours later), I was sending him random texts asking whether he was hung over or if he forgot he was supposed to be meeting his mum. It never occurred to me that something untoward could've happened.

Different with a child, I know, but if she had previously been to a friend's house without letting anyone know, I wouldn't find it strange that they would assume she'd be home for dinner even with the knowledge that she'd missed work.

People are unthinkingly cruel sometimes, I'm not surprised they've had people ask this.
Hi Oraclle,
I Just wanted to say after reading your post - I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I agree with you and others, that to ask the parents such a direct question is very distasteful. I suspect such questions are asked merely for shock factor headlines sadly.

The collection of photos are quite strange,some show only part of her face and no clear full length ones .
I do agree, she looks very different in some. I think she looks much younger also in the ones with her hair tied back. Such a cute innocent looking girl, so sad to think anyone could ever harm her. I do get the impression also in a random note.... that she is dearly loved by her family, her Mum is clearly devastated and desperate for any lifeline just to know she is alive.

I agree, this is what I posted about last night, but for some reason it was deleted due to being classed as romour even tough it was reported on a news page. I’m personally not clear on what the WS rules are about posting a news story from the news if it’s not yet been verified. It’s rather confusing. If the above link is okay (I can’t see why not) and my one wasn’t. I’m hoping to learn fast.

As far as I know the sighting was only reported in the media this afternoon. So when people were talking about the sighting before the article was published, they were actually referring to social media comments, which is not allowed. But now that it's in the media, you can talk about it :)

Considering the case months before of a 14 year old grabbed and pulled in a van (described as green), which was confirmed by LE to the media.
I am thinking LE....if they have no other leads regarding Leah, could search green vans or look at Van sales (green or recently painted) in a defined radius. I was actually thinking that a perpetrator may want to sell it or burn it fast if it could hold incriminating DNA evidence.
I looked on some for sale sites last night and found a few green vans, but ofcourse LE would have the computerised system to run a check on reg numbers and ids.

Edited due to a typo on ref/reg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members