UK UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Steleheart, Feb 19, 2019.

1. miss-scarlett23

miss-scarlett23 Active Member

IMO, creating confusion in the hope that a POI gets tangled in a web of their own lies. Eventually one lie will contradict an earlier lie and so on, until that person has lied themselves into a corner with no way out.

Coconutty, Jim_M, Cardgame and 2 others like this.
  2. wary

wary Well-Known Member

This is a little complicated, but if you’re still interested in reading this thread, here’s the right way to do it.

Leave the thread as ‘watch’—do NOT click on ‘unwatch.

Click on your name, Scorpiette, in the bar at the top of the page—you’ll see a lot of options. Now click on ‘contact details’—the third option down, in the left column. At the bottom, you’ll see: “Receive email when a new conversation message is received” unclick that—so the box is empty. Now the thread is watched, and you can easily check up on it, by clicking ‘watched threads’—but no more email spam!

Jim_M, Scorpiette, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  3. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I think there might have been some sort of disagreement between Leah and her parents.
    I think it is odd that they did not see each other in the morning or even just shout out goodbye as they left.
    I think they left at 7:30 and Leah left around 8:00 so she must have been using the bathroom or making some breakfast around this time,unless she was deliberately avoiding contact.

Traymar, Jules77, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  4. cherrytree9

cherrytree9 Well-Known Member

Good thought, but just wanted to say I think they said that her mother starts work at 7:30 so they will have left a bit earlier.

5. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

They can use IMEI, pins it down when it's a common name or if they have a phone they can't identify.

Jim_M likes this.
  6. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

This post lands at random.

Please be very careful when discussing case players. You may comment on what is said about them in MSM, or what they themselves say or do in MSM, but in doing so do not make accusations or insinuate their involvement.

Excerpt from The Rules - Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

7. Jules77

Jules77 Member

They were before she went missing

Borderlass likes this.
  8. chimpface

chimpface Well-Known Member

Even stranger.

Traymar and kate2931 like this.
  9. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

This must just be sheer agony for her family now. I can only imagine rumours must be running wild locally but they will be so limited in what they can say.

Alyce, Jim_M, Coconutty and 2 others like this.
  10. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Hopefully any one with any information,however small,which might help find Leah will be contacting the police.

11. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

It could be simply to divert media attention away from his personal account, there's clearly a lot of focus on family and that must be difficult for a young person to handle.

Also they may be limited in what they can talk about freely due to investigations ongoing (potentially advised by LE)
    AMOO

Jim_M likes this.
  12. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

To new members and veteran members who may have forgotten, general comments from social media accounts are not allowed for discussion at Websleuths. The social media accounts of victims or perps are allowed to be linked, but their "friends" accounts or general comments by others are off limits.

For what is and is not allowed, please review The Rules and specifically The Rules - Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Any questions, please private message a moderator for clarification.

13. Jenesaisquoi

Jenesaisquoi Well-Known Member

So horrible that Mother’s Day passed with no contact. Now it is coming up to Easter and the family face the prospect of another occasion without their loved one. I really hope that someone passes some info on to the police so that Leah can be found or at least that this mystery becomes closer to being solved. I am all for ‘grassing’. Do it through Crimestoppers if you want to be anonymous. I still think someone knows something more about how, why and when she disappeared. Tell the police or tell Crimestoppers. I was wondering with the lack of updates from the police if they were actually investigating properly (sorry to them) but it does seem that they are working incredibly hard on behalf of Leah.

Leah has not been in contact for so long. Someone knows more. I feel so very sorry for Leah’s mum, dad, brother and sister (and other family members) for every second of pain they are going through.

TatianaBarbie, Skigh, Stewlb and 2 others like this.
  14. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

I agree.
    It looks strange to us outsiders...that mores not being said or expressed, but we all know the saying.. 'Truths stranger than fiction' and so there has to be a good reason for the lack of updates from all involved.

15. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

With respect to the traditions and reasons some women wear a Burka for religious and cultural beliefs.

I would think it an important consideration to factor in to the investigation ‘If’ and only if a missing person chose to go missing, as to why they may not have be been seen since.

I highlight ‘ a consideration’ being the only reason I mention this.
    AMOO

Jim_M likes this.
  16. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Could also go hand-in-hand with any other changes to appearance; ie. hair coloring/cutting, differing clothes from her usual attire, perhaps even different colored contacts (even if she doesn't require any eye-wear) to change the color of her eyes. So many things if she has chosen to be 'away', and wishes not to be found. IMO MOO

KING Charles, Suglo and Enquirer-2019 like this.
  17. Oraclle

Oraclle Active Member

Ok, well in this case I don't know how common a name "Leah Croucher" is, but it's possible they only submitted a name to search for and would therefore not know if a SIM bought in someone else's name was being used in the phone.

18. Coconutty

Coconutty Well-Known Member

I’d be really interested to know how long LE have known about the possible sightings on the 15th around Furzton Lake.

TatianaBarbie, Jules77, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  19. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

So would I.
    Perhaps they wanted to check that they were credible witnesses before they released it to the media.

20. Jenesaisquoi

Jenesaisquoi Well-Known Member

I am guessing at least one was after the reward was announced because otherwise surely the reward appeal would have said a possible sighting near the lake. Perhaps a sighting by a second person / pair made it more compelling and thus was issued in the latest appeal.

I am not suggesting that the reward itself was so significant to the sighting but maybe the publicity around it and the fact that she was still missing prompted the call.