UK UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Steleheart, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Thebutlerdiditagain

Thebutlerdiditagain Well-Known Member

With the police presence I mean more walking around day and night if a kidnapping had occurred
    there was a lot of police conducting searches
    I even awoke to see them out the back of my street looking through the trees and hedges etc

2. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I agree with you that if the police thought there was a danger to other young girls warnings would be issued.

3. goofybauble

goofybauble Member

No. It's also a martial art that can be taken up at any age and although fitness training is involved, it's possible to progress up to black belt and then instructor level without being particularly fit or athletic. Black belts can be achieved in around 4 years.

4. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Thank you again for the reply.

5. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I really hope that the police have some evidence that they are following.
    There have been no updates or press releases since the witnesses seeing a crying girl who might possibly have been Leah.
    Are the police still carrying out local searches?

Jim_M, KING Charles and Scorpiette like this.
  6. Jenesaisquoi

Jenesaisquoi Well-Known Member

Someone must know why Leah is missing. Someone must know something after the potential lake sightings. Tell the police what you know. Tell the police where you think she might be. Here’s the online reporting form:

Public Portal

7. Jenesaisquoi

8. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Is this just posted on Facebook or have the family asked the local paper or radio to publish another appeal?

9. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Looks as though the local MK paper have just picked this up from the FB post - can't see anything about a new appeal

10. Jenesaisquoi

<modsnipped information from the family's social media is off limits>

I wonder if the police would consider releasing the 999 call to generate fresh interest from the media?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2019
  11. NancyDrew123

NancyDrew123 Member

So annoying that there is nothing new to discuss. TVP haven't issued a new statement for a while have they? Does that mean they literally have nothing new?
    At one point, I was hoping the fact that nothing new had come up in a while meant that TVP had an idea of what happened and were waiting for something.

Now, I am not so sure. If they have an idea, then how can Leah still be missing without a trace?

Do we know when those 'sightings' were reported yet? I haven't seen anything new on that. As in, were they the ones we heard about when Leah was first missing, or new ones?

12. Jenesaisquoi

How would you even investigate this going forward without it hitting the nationals to prompt someone to tell you something that you don’t know?

This isn’t a criticism of the police or family. I just can’t imagine what you ‘d do.

13. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

The nationals have never really picked this story up.
    I wonder if it is because they believe she left voluntarily.

14. Jenesaisquoi

There’s still an interesting story to be written even if someone did leave voluntarily but family are appealing still after ten weeks.

Especially as someone may tell an inquisitive reporter something they wouldn’t want to tell the police.

I wonder if the family will contact The Mail or The Mirror or The Sun themselves. It must be so tricky to know what to do.

TatianaBarbie and Enquirer-2019 like this.
  15. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

Usually the papers are each trying to get an exclusive.

KING Charles and HongKongPhooey like this.
  16. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

Compared to Libbys case the media coverage is poles apart.

Nobody I know has even heard of Leah, mind you nobody I know is into missing persons cases either.

But they had heard if Libby because it was much more prominent in the media.

Mayfly, KING Charles, Jules77 and 2 others like this.
  17. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

I think the police haven't pushed it to the media because they believe Leah hasn't left the MK area. They don't want and can't afford to have a big media push with everyone from Lands End to John O'Groats calling in with sightings which they have to follow up.

The Corrie police pretty much admitted as such. It surprised (and annoyed!) me at the time, but actually makes perfect sense.

18. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Well-Known Member

Yeh I know your right and that makes total sense from an LE point of view. But if I was Leah's mum I'd have gone full Corries army by now.

Facebook groups, t shirts the full whack anything to help find her (though it obviously didn't work in Corrie's case).

Lyndaloo, Mayfly and KING Charles like this.
  19. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Leah campaign needs freshening up. I barely glance at the posters on social media now and I imagine it would be the same if I was walking round MK.

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  20. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Libby’s case was different in that she had been driven to her house but never went inside. It was known she had been drinking, possibly to excess. She was seen on video in a vulnerable state, had been seen falling over, and all of this was well after midnight in an area that has more than its share of crime.

Not to say the outcome may not be the same...or even whatever occurred to each woman. But Libby’s disappearance kind of screamed danger while Leah’s suggests it but other explanations are still being considered. All jmo...also media loves college student as possible victim.