UK UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Steleheart, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

I'm just postulating that many of us on these forums, would whole heartedly concur with these posts.

If we could have someone who really knows this missing (STILL!) young woman to provide some insights, I wonder if that might prompt more factual knowledge being shared with LE?

Or, does LE have all that they need? I'm being presumptuous if I believe they have their answers.

Or do they? IMO as no links :)

2. Ree89

Ree89 Well-Known Member

I live in mk, over the other side of mk, Kingston sides, there was a flyer of Leah over here and when I picked my daughter up from school she pointed out to me the flyer with Leah was in the middle of the road....so we picked it up and pinned it on the notice board..and it was gone the next day.

ChiCubs2016, Traymar, Alyce and 6 others like this.
  3. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

Thanks for sharing Ree, as you are local have you seen or heard of any local searches in the past few months?
    Do you get the impression locally that people think Leah may have run away or been abducted?

Anyone else local reading this feel free to contribute your views or insight, but don’t mention any names or people not in the mainstream media due to WS rules.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  4. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Does the UK have private search teams like Texas Equisearch here in US? If so, seems like one of those groups should have been contacted soon after she vanished. But...assuming she was taken away in a car, that would be of little value.

We often have lags of months without news on missing people...nothing comes out again unless some clue surfaces. It is very frustrating and discouraging. I really feel that LE have no idea what happened to Leah. At first they likely assumed she would turn up on her own. And then later...it became much more difficult to try to figure out how to go about finding her. I am not sure what they could have done differently, if there are no leads. All publicity usually does is bring in a lot of useless “tips” but no real help.

I do think they could have reminded the public at least weekly to turn in any sort of video taken in the area on that date and maybe day before and after. They should have been saying this a lot in the early days...it becomes too late very quickly. Jmo

5. Ree89

Ree89 Well-Known Member

@Enquirer-2019

I honsetly don't know what to think I don't think anyone round here does, I have a large family spread all over mk, my cousin lives in shenley just down the road from where leah went missing and she has a large family with teenagers etc so it goes on, and she has no idea either, mk isn't that big, and from growing up if you know someone then you know someone etc, but from my experience literally know one has a clue right now?

Sorry I don't know how to reply still

ChiCubs2016, Traymar, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  6. Ree89

Ree89 Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed the bit regarding searches, I know of no searches being conducted in mk lately whatsoever....i really do not know what to think anymore we hear nothing.

ChiCubs2016, Traymar, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  7. KING Charles

KING Charles Active Member

8. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

9. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input Ree, much appreciated. Hopefully there is more going on, behind the scenes, than any of us know about.

Traymar, Jim_M, Enquirer-2019 and 5 others like this.
  10. Alias Gray

Alias Gray Active Member

Agree totally. There has been no mention of organised searches in local media. I have also personally not heard anyone talking about searches. There really is nothing apart from posters. I have seen them taken down and defaced which is sad.

Jim_M, Enquirer-2019, dotr and 2 others like this.
  11. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

BBC has covered Leah's disappearance from the start; that's where I first saw it and it prompted me to come look on WS.

TatianaBarbie, Jim_M, Al Ka and 2 others like this.
  12. astheworldfallsdown

Yes, I know they've covered Leah's disappearance from the start.

By picked it up, I meant that particular article rather than the case itself. Apologies I wasn't clearer.

13. Pinkizzy

Pinkizzy Well-Known Member

I've seen a few episodes of Forensics - The real CSI (BBC2) and its a real eye-opener. I thought the main laboratory was in Birmingham but this one is in Newcastle.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    TatianaBarbie, Jim_M, Al Ka and 3 others like this.
  14. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

There's various places that do this work after a lot of it was contracted out with the closure of the government-owned Forensic Science Service (which included Birmingham). Randox, Manchester, has been in the news for a criminal investigation into manipulation of data.

TatianaBarbie, dotr, Jim_M and 3 others like this.
  15. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  16. Atoz

Atoz The owls are not what they seem.

8:20am today, Radio 5 Live interview with the British Taikwondo gold medalists in Manchester. Not a single mention of the missing European Champion, Leah.

Does anyone else find this a bit odd?

17. Oraclle

Oraclle Well-Known Member

Where did the information come from that she was European champion?

I can see an article saying she competed internationally and I can see an article referring to her as a martial arts champion. However, the Stewartby Taekwondo facebook page shows that Leah only reached her second dan black belt on November 24th.

Not that it's impossible to win championships without passing the formal exams, but I just can't find an explicit mention of her being European Champion anywhere other than Websleuths.

TatianaBarbie, wary, Al Ka and 2 others like this.
  18. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

I found the original article and it says:

Dad John is a Song Moo Kwan Master who is an instructor at a local Toekwondo club. He passed on his knowledge to Leah, who won a gold medal in the European championships in Milan.

Missing Leah Croucher was a martial arts champion, says friends in Milton Keynes

TatianaBarbie, Traymar, Jim_M and 7 others like this.
  19. Oraclle

Oraclle Well-Known Member

Ok, I found it. The championships she won gold at were for a specific form of Taekwondo called Song Moo Kwan. It doesn't look quite as high up in the sport as the European or World Taekwondo championships.

I think the athletes competing in the World Championships in Manchester could be forgiven for not knowing, or only being peripherally aware of Leah going missing. It's a bit like expecting Sebastian Vettel to bring up a case of a missing Formula Renault driver that he doesn't personally know.

The World Song Moo Kwan Association facebook page shared Leah's missing flyer on Febraury 22nd, incidentally.

TatianaBarbie, Traymar, Al Ka and 5 others like this.
  20. astheworldfallsdown