ú

UK UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Steleheart, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Lyndaloo

Lyndaloo Well-Known Member

Jim_M, Al Ka and dotr like this.
  2. BobH

BobH Member

Why is the title of this thread "14 Feb 2019" when she disappeared on 15 Feb ? How can we be expected to do accurate sleuthing if the very tools we use are inaccurate?

3. Oraclle

Oraclle Active Member

The initial report was that she was last seen on the night of the 14th at 10pm. They found the CCTV from the 15th afterwards, and the witness statements from around the lake.

I'm not sure what the policy is regarding revised last seen datetimes and thread titles, but it looks like the titles don't change so as not to confuse users.

4. Jenesaisquoi

Jenesaisquoi Well-Known Member

14 Feb was when she was last actually seen by family afaik. It also has the advantage of drawing attention being as it was Valentine’s Day. I think the 15 Feb cctv came a bit later, although her planned leave for work was 15th. That’s the trouble with people, they break the ‘rules’.

I wish we could find out what has happened.

dotr and Scorpiette like this.
  5. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

@Jenesaisquoi what do you mean by 'planned leave'? Did she have the day booked off?

Al Ka, wishingitwas1978 and dotr like this.
  6. Jenesaisquoi

No, Leah did not have the 15 Feb booked off work. I meant that as far as the family are concerned Leah was due to go to work at normal time following her normal routine, ie leaving the family home as normal (as far as I have understood from police and family/MSM).

7. BobH

BobH Member

I don't think Leah had any plans other than going to work when she left her house that morning. As searches have failed to turn up anything, there's no doubt in my mind that she was removed from the area, either willingly or not. Also, as nobody has come forward to say they are the person seen by the "witnesses" around the lake, it seems likely Leah was there at the times reported. In any case, a vehicle must have been used. As much of the lake and Redway paths are not close enough for this, attention should be focused on those areas North and West of the lake (from where she was last seen) at the points where the roads intersect with the Redways on her route to work.

Traymar, Zoomy and dotr like this.
  8. BobH

BobH Member

I agree. The thing that's missing from this site is a single 'sticky' summary page we can go to put facts (as opposed to opinions) complete with references. It would stop the same questions being asked repeatedly and would clarify the latest position.

dotr likes this.
  9. BobH

BobH Member

Speculation is OK if it's substantiated. We need to speculate and have opinions and think outside the box in order to have a discussion.
    Otherwise we may as well leave it all up to the police.
    What's wrong is insinuations posed as questions.

10. wary

wary Well-Known Member

I have no authority here, but I’d suggest that it’s better for people to not quote or refer to obvious unsubstantiated rumors in their own posts—it just creates more mess for the mods to remove.

Just report and move on.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  11. Jenesaisquoi

I tend to post questions on matters that I am theorising because I think it makes it clearer that it is thoughts and not absolute fact.

I obviously don’t want the thread closed down and like everyone else want to find out what has happened to Leah, who remains the heart of every comment that I post.

12. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

If you click on that link, the article that you connect to was written on April 2, 2019. We all know this is the 14th week that Leah has been missing. Sadly. 98 days without any trace.

Al Ka, Lyndaloo, LemonMint and 7 others like this.
  13. Jim_M

Jim_M Well-Known Member

Truer words nicely spoken. And a bump for Leah.

dotr, astheworldfallsdown and wary like this.
  14. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Tearful mum 'not surviving, just existing' since daughter vanished 3 months ago

''One person saw Leah just after 8am but she hasn't been seen since.''

''Breaking down, her mum said: "She was saving up to move in with a friend so she would have had enough money for that.

"She was leaving us. If she wasn't happy here, there was no need for her to run away."

''As well the teenager's phone remaining dormant, she hasn't posted her daily Snapchat update. John said: "It was a three-and-a-half year streak where every morning she would post something. That was part of her routine on that Friday morning.''

Al Ka, Lyndaloo, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  15. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

That was near the Premier Inn IIRC wasn't it? Is there a possibility of CCTV from that location?

She was reported by the witnesses as being upset and on the phone. Have LE not traced her phone movements that morning?

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    dotr likes this.
  16. tresir2012

So Leah's mum said she was saving up to move in with a friend. Has the friend come forward and what does phone being dormant actually mean?

Jim_M, DianeElaine and dotr like this.
  17. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

Yes, LE have, and the phone known to belong to Leah wasnt being used at that time.

Al Ka, Lyndaloo, Jim_M and 3 others like this.
  18. cherrytree9

cherrytree9 Well-Known Member

Yeah the date thing is confusing, but for months the official posters in MSM still said she was last seen on the 14th at 10pm, even though CCTV was released of her on the 15th.

Lyndaloo, Jim_M and dotr like this.
  19. tresir2012

Yes dormant is the term that was used. So was there any last pings that LE have traced is what I am wondering? Especially if she was on the phone when witnesses saw her (assuming that was her if nobody else had come forward). Wouldn't TVP be able to determine who she was on the phone to at that time?

dotr likes this.
  20. Scorpiette

Scorpiette Active Member

Apparently when a phone is switched 'off' it sends a 'goodbye' ping to nearest mast. So was the phone actually switched off, as opposed to 'dormant'? I'm finding the information given to the public very confusing...

Lyndaloo, Jim_M, BobH and 2 others like this.