UK UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Steleheart, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

TY for that- so it was turned off 8.25 a.m. TVP requested for anyone who had seen her from 8-11 a.m. then the additional witnesses came forward saying the girl they saw was on the phone and upset. TVP have said no more about the phone AFAIK. They appealed for CCTV also. Nothing from TVP about whether phone records or CCTV has been tracked down either. So waiting for the next LE update.

Al Ka, Jim_M and dotr like this.
  2. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

It's standard protocol for LE to get phone records for a missing person, but they've obviously contacted the mobile provider, otherwise they wouldn't have obtained the time the phone was switched off.

dotr, Jim_M and TatianaBarbie like this.
  3. Caroclaud

Caroclaud Well-Known Member

Can anyone give the backstory to the family relationships between LC and parents? It does appear there were certain tensions which have been hinted at in earlier sources, like the parents saying she doesn’t have to contact them but can contact someone else if she prefers (can’t remember the exact wording), plus the fact that she is allegedly moving out with a friend.
    Makes me think there could be a reason for her to feel desperate/ suicidal. Has there been a through check of the lake? Plus do we know anything of family/ parents movements that day? Am hoping LE have ruled them out.
    Sorry if this had already been covered.

Lyndaloo and dotr like this.
  4. tresir2012

I took that to possibly mean that family didn't receive their morning message so they texted/called and maybe got voice mail or no response. I wonder why they didn't then try to call her at work. MOO

dotr likes this.
  5. BobH

BobH Active Member

It's a pity we're not allowed to sleuth family. I would like to ask Lisa how she knew Leah's mobile was switched off at such a precise time.

And why she used the word "suddenly". Personally, I would only use that phrase if I was in the middle of a conversation when the phone was turned off. Hard to see how else a phone can be turned off suddenly.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  6. BobH

BobH Active Member

CCTV security video of Leah arriving at work (sometime in the past) shows her wearing her backpack. Security cam footage from house on the day she disappeared showed she wasn't carrying any additional luggage etc. So this was a normal walk to work for her until sometime between 8.00 and 9.00
    This has to be an abduction IMO

Lyndaloo, wary, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  7. BobH

BobH Active Member

Yes - there have been massive searches around the area of her journey to work, including the lake. Nothing found, which makes it very unlikely to be a rape or robbery gone wrong.

dotr and Caroclaud like this.
  8. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

What morning message ?

Lyndaloo and dotr like this.
  9. tresir2012

They mention she would contact them every day without fail. I hope I haven't misunderstood that. Anyone else remember that?

silverjug and dotr like this.
  10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Re-post, heart-breaking appeal.

Just a passing thought, are there any undiscovered sinkholes in the area where Leah was last seen?
    rbbm.
    Missing Leah Croucher's mother says she is 'not surviving, just existing' after daughter vanished | Daily Mail Online
    "The officer in charge of the search, Chief Inspector Neil Kentish, said: 'Our officers who are investigating Leah's disappearance have never dealt with a case like this before.

'It is extremely rare for someone to go missing without leaving a trace, but this is what has happened to Leah.'

Anyone with any information on missing Leah should contact police on 101 quoting Thames Valley Police reference 4319 004 9929. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their online anonymous form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, calls cannot be traced or recorded and you will not go to court."

11. tresir2012

I wonder if the thought of the family holiday somehow upset Leah. It is strange that booking that was one of the last things she did with the family. JMO.

Caroclaud and dotr like this.
  12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Maybe somebody did not want her to leave town?
    Without going through the whole thread, wondering if Leah had any love/ romance interests of any kind, hard not to think of a young woman's feelings and interactions around Valentine's Day.
    Fwiw, Leah has a very young looking face, might she have been mistaken for a child?
    speculation, imo.

Al Ka, DCI CloakandDagger and Jim_M like this.
  13. tresir2012

14. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I thought her parents said she was home the night of the 14th, doing normal things, planning trip, etc...if so, Valentine’s Day seems irrelevant, imo, as she did not vanish until the 15th apparently.

Al Ka and dotr like this.
  15. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Wondering why Leah posted a snapchat on her way to work, would that be her usual behavior?
    In LC's missing person description, she is described as being of "slim build ", had she possibly gained any weight prior to her disappearance? imo, speculation.

Mayfly and Jim_M like this.
  16. tresir2012

Tearful mum 'not surviving, just existing' since daughter vanished 3 months ago

Found it. Will copy pasta.

"THREE months ago, Leah Croucher posted her daily Snapchat update - the latest in a three-year thread - and vanished into thin air.

The 19-year-old was walking to work through Milton Keynes on February 15 when she disappeared - with her parents now fearing they may have done "something wrong". "

So as I was saying, she sent a daily message for three years. Wonder what was in her final update? This is certainly strange and it's good that MSM is on it now.

17. tresir2012

The final CCTV shows her build as slim. A good looking young lady.

dotr likes this.
  18. tresir2012

Perhaps the daily SC video/pic suddenly stopped and they then couldn't get hold of her after that and could be the battery failing. If they have the SC, they should release it IMO.

bluenoser and dotr like this.
  19. cherrytree9

cherrytree9 Well-Known Member

In the new written interview, her parents said she posted a snapchat every morning for three and a half years straight, until she disappeared.

bluenoser, Lyndaloo and dotr like this.
  20. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Sadly enough, suicide always has to be considered as a possibility, with disappearances. But I don’t think that a 19 near old wanting to move out of her parents house and in with a friend is a sign, necessarily, of anything wrong in her life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.