UK UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Steleheart, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

I believe they are one and the same, but only my guess

2. Atoz

Atoz The owls are not what they seem.

I hope JC ramps up the pressure. I suspect he feels he's nothing to lose now. I suspect that's how his son felt too when he ended up in court over this matter.

I hope some justice is going to happen. God knows this poor family deserve it.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Me too.

4. Jenesaisquoi

Jenesaisquoi Well-Known Member

I think I saw in MSM that the reward has been upped to £10k now. Hopefully that is enough to get some sensible info from someone. Yes, morally, people should say what they know, but this seems better to balance possible repercussions. £10k, for example claimed anonymously through Crimestoppers, could be enough for X’s family member to point the police to some evidence that is crucial, before they uncover it from other means.

I have been watching some old episodes of Cold Justice on amazon. It is very cheering to me to see how even circumstantial evidence can stack up overwhelmingly.

I also wonder what it is like to be constantly on your guard about when you will be found out.

Talking of Cold Justice, which is in the USA, they put the suspects on a noticeboard (in the office) and then rule them out. The episodes often seem to be televised before the perp is on trial and other suspects are named and eliminated on the programme. How does that work in the eyes of the law? Is it different that they can do that in America? Or am I just watching outdated stuff?

Kaykedi, ChiCubs2016, melodyl and 2 others like this.
  5. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Yep, me too

Kaykedi, ChiCubs2016, melodyl and 4 others like this.
  6. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

I wish they had done this last year when it was on offer. In fact, I wish they had increased it to the £20K that it could have been, after the offer of another £15k to add to the original £5k.
    Nevertheless, as you say, £10k may be enough to push someone to speak out.

7. kelsie

kelsie i only have time for coffee

Off topic... but I noticed we both love Twin Peaks!! Hello friend!

I also agree with your post wholeheartedly

8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

rbbm.
    Sick online trolls cause more distress for family of Leah Croucher
    ''Her parent John and Claire said: “To those that have commented negatively on social media, and have told us to accept that Leah has gone and we should move on with our lives, we won’t apologise for continuing the search for Leah.

"We can’t accept it, we won’t accept it and we will never give up."

The vast majority of comments on social media are supportive and expressing sympathy, and these are a comfort, say the Crouchers..

They are still keen for Leah's story to be shared as widely as possible, particularly to other areas of the UK and abroad, in the hope that a vital clue will one day emerge.''

Kaykedi, Fidobell, melodyl and 7 others like this.
  9. Atoz

Atoz The owls are not what they seem.

Hello!! Yeah I fell in love with Twin Peaks as a young boy. In fact, I love a lot of things directed by David Lynch. I see you're from Wisconsin? That reminds me of the film The Straight Story by Lynch. Have you seen it? Very different to Twin Peaks and based on a true story.

Back on topic, I sense that something is going to happen in relation to the Leah case. I just hope it provides some answers for the poor family. I fear someone has been living with a dark secret for a year now.

10. bringmeacupoft

bringmeacupoft Well-Known Member

I heard an appeal for Leah yesterday on BBC Radio 1, I’d like to think that this pressure ramping up to the anniversary will be unbearable for someone enough to speak up....but people keep secrets like these for years and years. Just feeling less hopeful.
    Would police advise JC to say he will out the person he believes to be a suspect - without actually following through of course?

11. Miss_French

Miss_French Well-Known Member

As I said, it depends on how he does it, but he's saying he will name a man hiding information, nor that Leah was seeing; its illegal if it can be classed as harrassment or causing mental distress to someone. The press aren't allowed to report the name.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  12. Miss_French

No, they wouldn't. There's very strict rules over the naming of suspects.

13. Miss_French

You can discuss and link MSM relating directly to Mr X, but not cross-refer it to anyone else because there are no named suspects or POIs.

14. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

If he knows who she saw last or knows any information then that is not harassment but important info IMO.

15. tresir2012

How is her father naming her boyfriend or who she last saw considered naming a suspect? If media report it that is down to them. If that happens we would link it on here. That is how crimes get solved.

16. tresir2012

Good for John and Claire. It needs them pushing this. I hope media get on it more.

Kaykedi, ChiCubs2016, MFH and 2 others like this.
  17. tresir2012

Trouble is it has not been mentioned if this was who she saw the night before or not. Do police already know who that was? Is it a third person in addition to Mr X and AC ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Kaykedi, ChiCubs2016 and dotr like this.
  18. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

A half-used bottle of Hugo Boss perfume may put police on the scent of what has happened to Leah Croucher.
    15th February 2020
    "The top was missing, I remember that," said her mum Claire.

The black rucksack that Leah used as a handbag has never been found. Neither has her Samsung phone or any of the clothing she was wearing on Friday February 15 2019, the morning she vanished.''

[​IMG]
    The Hugo Boss perfume
    ''Now Leah's desperate parents John and Claire are hoping a fresh appeal about the previously unrevealed contents of Leah's bag may produce a clue about what has happened to her.

"Leah didn't carry much in her bag. She isn't one for make up and girlie stuff. There would probably have been a tube or pot of lip balm but that was all," said Claire.

"But she had her perfume with her, and she had a black paddle hairbrush. It had hair bobbles, black ones, wound round the handle."

There was also a roll-on deodorant and a brown purse with Michael Kors in gold letters, said Claire.

[​IMG]
    Leah's black rucksack handbag and Samsung phone
    "There wouldn't have been much money in the purse - just pennies probably. Leah would use chip and pin to buy things," she said.''

•Feb 14, 2020

19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

20. tresir2012

Has her bank account activity been discussed? This says she used chip and pin for everything so was her last activity the takeaway I wonder?

Kaykedi and dotr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.