Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do people start using past tense in missing persons cases?
Quote from Mr X "She WAS my work colleague. She WAS my friend. I would like what everyone else wants - to get her home safe. I do wish she is found safe and back with her family.” From May.
Usually I don't see relevance to somebody using past tenses.....and I am opposite to you that I don't know why people suspect it in every case. If somebody asked me about a male somebody I used to work with, that as far as I know didn't die..and they are asking if we were romantic...missing or not... Am pretty sure I'd say "No.. I was his supervisor.. I was his friend."Because it's an old workplace and I aint there no more senario and am determining the relationship had.... so maybe the question is.. did he still work there in May... I'm in no way defending this person by the way... just feel 'was' is something very unreliable in peoples use of vocab...to the point that they are suggesting that they 'was' alive but now are not.

Still so quiet here but Leah very much in our thoughts.

Would Haydon’s sad passing have changed the Leah investigation in any way, do you think? I do not even know what I am asking - nothing, of course, implying that Haydon was anything other than a loving brother, but just whether something may crop up? I don’t know who gathers info on a suicide or how much, or how separate it needs to be kept from the Leah investigation?

If this is too insensitive a post, please do report/delete it.
I think I get you... our minds turn over and over with senario's on all sides.. about all sorts of things based on .. things we think could have happened and how we imagine things were...or things we can't put our finger on... things we have read... like recently learnt from local info/gossip... it may just be the later... that Leah and Haydon have different mothers and have never lived in the same household, but isn't what I had envisioned.

I absolutely didn’t mean there was any kind of incestuous relationship at all. Neither do I think that Haydon was in any way responsible for her death or disappearance.

I wondered more if the police would have automatic access to search all his belongings or something in the investigation into his death, which may throw up something that only the police realise is significant to the Leah investigation.

I absolutely didn’t mean there was any kind of incestuous relationship at all. Neither do I think that Haydon was in any way responsible for her death or disappearance.

I wondered more if the police would have automatic access to search all his belongings or something in the investigation into his death, which may throw up something that only the police realise is significant to the Leah investigation.

I have actually had someone put that to me as an option that there was an incestuous relationship I don’t believe it for a second.

I personally doubt the police wouldn’t find anything new. I believe Haydon was active in telling police in what he felt to be significant, but that is just my opinion and not fact.

Police narrow down Leah Croucher's disappearance to a single square mile in Milton Keynes

The area in which Leah Croucher vanished has today been honed down to less than one square mile in MK.
In this article is says about the theories-

we have nothing to support the second theory (of abduction and murder)
Does this mean they do have some supporting info for the theory she has gone abroad either directly or indirectly via someone influence. I find it odd the article uses this language and early on also mention that newspaper headlines on the morning of leahs disappearance 2019 were about shamima begum- are they implying there is some terrorism influence that has indirectly encouraged Leah to go abroad?!

Very strange wording.

Police narrow down Leah Croucher's disappearance to a single square mile in Milton Keynes

The area in which Leah Croucher vanished has today been honed down to less than one square mile in MK.

Does this mean they do have some supporting info for the theory she has gone abroad either directly or indirectly via someone influence. I find it odd the article uses this language and early on also mention that newspaper headlines on the morning of leahs disappearance 2019 were about shamima begum- are they implying there is some terrorism influence that has indirectly encouraged Leah to go abroad?!

Very strange wording

Also from the MKCITIZEN this morning:

DCI Howard said there are two theories;

The first is that Leah vanished voluntarily and has deliberately started a new life here or abroad, somehow avoiding being recognised - perhaps with the help of another person. But parents John and Claire insist nothing could be more out of character for their shy and home-loving daughter.

The second theory is that Leah was abducted against her will and killed immediately or held hostage for 12 long months.

"At present, we have nothing to support the second theory," said DCI Howard.

So what, if anything, do they have to support the first theory then?
I read this too and was very confused by the wording. Especially given they mention the headlines of the day were all about shamima begum.

I really feel for the Croucher family. No further forward with answers about their daughter, Leah, and grieving their son, Haydon. There seems to be a lot of speculation locally, apparent in some of the local newspaper facebook post comments. It must be very frustrating for the police if they just don't quite have the evidence they need (yet?) to take things forward re certain individuals. It must be a delicate balance for Leah's family too, as to what they do / do not make public re Leah's private life. Could certain information being made public potentially endanger Leah, should she still be alive somewhere? Are the family worried that if they "betray" Leah's trust by revealing certain personal information about her, that this may discourage Leah even further from perhaps making contact again?

I'm intrigued as to why no one has come forward to identify themself as being the girl crying around the lake on the day Leah went missing. I feel this person actually was indeed Leah that was seen at the lake very upset.

The wording "nothing to support the second theory" also stood out to me , though I'm not convinced it was not just a standard " no evidence to support her being dead" comment that is caught up in a confusing way.

I also feel the upset girl by the lake was likely Leah

Another one here who thinks 'crying girl' was probably Leah. Was her phone switched off and she was using another? I would not be hugely surprised if they were using back up phones, especially if X was planning her disappearance for some reason. She'd comply with his reasons for their relationship being kept secret, and a 'burner' phone (gifted by him) would be a way of ensuring she was untrackable.

Did she throw her phone or simply switch it off, and was calling him from the other? Was she so upset he agreed to meet her? Is that the conversation the witness in the park saw?

I would absolutely love to know at what point work realised she hadn't come in, and what efforts were made to contact her during the day. In my past experience of working for a large corporate company it would be odd for not one colleague to text her that day, or for one manager to make a welfare call. Or for someone to tell her brothers girlfriend (who worked in the same office) who would have checked with the family. Or for someone to ask X if he'd heard from her. Or to put two and two together if neither of them were at work. I do not believe whatsoever that Leah's absence was only addressed much later in the day.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the incident room to find out how much they know about that day in the office and whether stories add up.

These are two possible routes Leah could have taken after the last sighting. For reference her work is just north of that roundabout at the top. The map be suggests Leah went as far as the Premier Inn where the arrows meet and I had not heard this info before:

[8:34am] investigations show the signal disconnection happened at the northern end of the route around Furzton Lake, close to the Premier Inn hotel

If Leah walked her known previous route she'd have crossed into Shenley Lodge through the underpass near the Premier Inn, via Shirwell Crescent then Rutherford Gate.

Is anyone here able to mark a few points on this map pretty please? The two points that 'crying girl' was seen, and the underpass.

upload_2020-2-17_0-13-59.png

Last edited:
I didn't realise that Leah's brother's girlfriend worked in the same place as Leah. Yes it would indeed be very interesting to be a fly on the wall in the incident room.

Yes she does, or at least did at the time. They were all in different departments and possibly different floors but the connection was there. That’s why I’m not convinced the alarm wasn’t raised until early evening, though it’s entirely possible Leahs parents knew nothing until then.

I’m sorry my posts were a bit long and rambley last night, I had to get it all out before I went to sleep!

Last edited:
I am wondering perhaps if the man named in the media that Haydon went to Court for harassing.....he has perhaps been put out of the picture due to an alibi.....and it was someone ELSE Leah was seeing/in a relationship with? Or perhaps John Croucher (dad) IS referring to the same person that Haydon thought was involved, when he says he will name this person publicly if they don't come forward with information?

It must be very, very, difficult for the Croucher family, if perhaps legally they are not allowed to say what they really think / who is involved.

I am wondering perhaps if the man named in the media that Haydon went to Court for harassing.....he has perhaps been put out of the picture due to an alibi.....and it was someone ELSE Leah was seeing/in a relationship with? Or perhaps John Croucher (dad) IS referring to the same person that Haydon thought was involved, when he says he will name this person publicly if they don't come forward with information?

It must be very, very, difficult for the Croucher family, if perhaps legally they are not allowed to say what they really think / who is involved.
It must be so hard for them! On one hand the absolute need to shout a potential suspect's name from the rooftop. On the other, knowing if you do it might ultimately affect the course of justice.

I admire their self control, honestly.

Very strange wording

If she had gone abroad they would have more evidence, so I think that is just rubbish IMO. What info do they have for saying that?

upload_2020-2-17_0-13-59-png.232537

have been trying to find the earlier info, on here, which I thought showed the placements on the map.
Can't find it.
This is the blurb from MSM.

The first witness, was walking alone along the wooden boardwalk on the eastern side of the lake when she saw a female between 9.30am and 10am.

The other two witnesses, who were walking anti-clockwise around Furzton Lake together, saw the girl between 10am and 10.15am near the sports pavilion,

They then saw her again around 20 minutes later just after passing the Premier Inn,

<>
The other two witnesses, who were walking anti-clockwise around Furzton Lake together, saw the girl between 10am and 10.15am near the sports pavilion,

They then saw her again around 20 minutes later just after passing the Premier Inn,

See, this confuses me a bit. If they saw her by the sports pavilion, then continued walking anti-clockwise and saw her again past the Premier Inn, does that mean the girl walked round the lake clockwise to be at that point? Or did she overtake them going anti clockwise, which would be the most obvious way to get from A to B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77