Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
viewers watching ITV's Tonight programme have spotted a girl with a striking resemblance to the missing 20-year-old in the background of the footage.

The fresh hope came just days after Leah's Emerson Valley parents voiced their worst fears that their daughter may no longer be alive, read full story here.
Tonight presenter Julie Etchingham was being filmed in a busy street market as she talked about car insurance scammers.

An auburn-haired girl wearing a black and white sweatshirt walked into the shot, oblivious of the cameras. She walks past Julie then, as she spots the camera, a look of surprise crosses her face and she hurries on.

Wow - interesting. Does it show what is possibly her in the footage?

ecognised.”

The Citizen has asked the Tonight team for the exact location of the market and a higher resolution image of the shot.

image.jpg

A close-up of the girl many believed to be Leah
It is understood the sighting will be investigated by police, along with any other leads generated by the recent Crimewatch programme and flurry of national media appeals about Leah.

Leah's face shape is quite distinctive and I can definitely get excited on that aspect with this still image. It's the hair that's doesn't look the right texture - to me that is - completely MOO. From what we've seen of Leah she has quite a lot of hair and it's thicker in texture. On this image it looks sleek and much thinner. Products can change the hairs appearance though... I hope so so badly this is her though. Waiting patiently for more information on this.

It will be very easy to ask for this girl to come forward and that should happen quickly if it indeed isn't her. I think when they say she realises she is on camera and hurries along that anyone would do the same, but we'd need to see that to see whether it's a worried look or a panic look etc.

There is a post on the Thames Valley Police facebook page! Sorry I can't link right now but police are going to be searching the blue lagoon. Someone has reported seeing a grey hooded top in the area and police believe it may be linked to leah!!

Blue Lagoon

Diving at the Blue Lagoon - MKSAC

Some info about the Blue Lagoon.

The main feature of this Nature Reserve is a large, deep, water-filled pit (remaining from the former brickworks) which gets the name ‘Blue Lagoon’ from the water which turns a magnificent shade of blue in the right light. This and the surrounding land were designated a Local Nature Reserve in 1994.

I don’t know whether to hope it is hers or hope it isn’t. I hope they find whatever it is so they know whether it’s linked to Leah or not. My thoughts are with the family (as they have been every day since Feb).

1) Was it usual for Leah to change her clothes and pop out to see a friend as soon as she returned from work?
2) Police say their enquiries found that Leah didn't visit that friend. If they say that does that mean the friend has an alibi to back up that Leah didn't visit?
3) All along I felt Valentine's Day was significant. She must have met someone in that missing hour. Did she do online dating? Does someone who they say is shy unless she really knows you even consider online dating?
4) On the video of the last seen sighting of her, shown above in the Crimewatch appeal, does anyone else think Leah has a lot of eye make up on, or is it just a shadow?
As we don't really know Leah, or her friends, or what was usual for her, we can only speculate based on what we know from the investigation so here are some possible answers based on massive assumptions:
1) We were told that Leah doesn't really like to go out to pubs and clubs (here). However, I doubt it was unusual to visit friends living close by.
2) As Leah is young, we can assume her friends are young. If Leah was going to the friend's house to meet them, the rest of the friend's family would be able to vouch that Leah never appeared. If Leah was meeting the friend elsewhere, the family could confirm or deny that the friend left the house that evening.
3) No-one has mentioned online dating, but it's not unlikely. If you don't like going out to social scenes, the number of potential partners you can meet are quite restricted after leaving school. If you don't do online dating, you're relying on your friends.
4) I think the last video is from a poor quality camera with high contrast and low saturation, which over-emphasises shadows. I don't think we can tell from that video what make-up Leah was wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie