Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You beat me too it!:) But exactly the same as my thinking. Whether she walked or was picked up there was definitely enough time! IMO
Haha!

Yes exactly, the walking distances time frame works really well IMO. With the picking up angle, it's only about 10 mins to and back. Leaves around an hour and 5 at the Premier Inn if anything.
Much longer than the time period left over if she walked instead. It's interesting really because I'm not so sure which one I'm more inclined to lean towards.

The clothing choice if I recall correctly was just a tracksuit which works well for the walking angle and the whole picking/collecting something, or even checking if someone was there. Quick, efficient, simple.
If however she was picked up and actually stayed in the vicinity or even in the Premier inn itself for an hour and 5 then perhaps a much more suited attire? Again, just my opinion.

Haha!

Yes exactly, the walking distances time frame works really well IMO. With the picking up angle, it's only about 10 mins to and back. Leaves around an hour and 5 at the Premier Inn if anything.
Much longer than the time period left over if she walked instead. It's interesting really because I'm not so sure which one I'm more inclined to lean towards.

The clothing choice if I recall correctly was just a tracksuit which works well for the walking angle and the whole picking/collecting something, or even checking if someone was there. Quick, efficient, simple.
If however she was picked up and actually stayed in the vicinity or even in the Premier inn itself for an hour and 5 then perhaps a much more suited attire? Again, just my opinion.

Yes that's a great a point about clothing! Also, if you were meeting your valentine's on valentine's day, would you make a bit of more an effort? Perhaps put some makeup on, more feminine clothes maybe? Now you've mentioned that I think I'm leaning more towards her walking there to check up on someone and then walking home again. The tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt (I believe it was harry potter t-shirt) would suggest quickness and comfort.

I wonder if she wore a jacket or her hoodie? Because if she didn't then that might suggest she knew she was getting into a car, as this was February and definitely too cold to go out without a jacket on.

More than enough time. According to google directions it is about 31 minutes to and back from Quantock Crescent to the Premier Inn Milton Keynes (Furzton Lake) .

62 minutes in total, leaves 13 minutes. Could have walked faster or slower. But again, there would be some time left within that 75 minute time frame. Perhaps she was picking something up or giving something? 13 minutes isn't so long

Thanks for this. So enough time to meet someone, even for a few minutes. Maybe longer if she got a lift or a taxi home.

The Premier Inn could well be where she went to that evening, and a likely meeting place the following morning maybe?

Yes that's a great a point about clothing! Also, if you were meeting your valentine's on valentine's day, would you make a bit of more an effort? Perhaps put some makeup on, more feminine clothes maybe? Now you've mentioned that I think I'm leaning more towards her walking there to check up on someone and then walking home again. The tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt (I believe it was harry potter t-shirt) would suggest quickness and comfort.

I wonder if she wore a jacket or her hoodie? Because if she didn't then that might suggest she knew she was getting into a car, as this was February and definitely too cold to go out without a jacket on.

Yes exactly. Makeup, dress, hair done, and what not. Tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt suggests a quick meet-up, really it is something you'd wear to go down to the corner shop or something.

Good point about the jacket/hoodie, that would perhaps shed more light on whether it was by car/if she walked.

I've just done a quick google search and if the night before she walked to the Premier Inn from her home address it says walking would take 31mins there and 31mins back which leaves around 15mins for a quick meeting with someone. So it's tight but is possible.

The other theory is: did someone pick her up in a car and drive her there? Again looking at google maps a car journey from Leahs home address on Quantock Crescent to the premier Inn is only a 5 minute journey.

Thanks for this Holly.

I wonder if Leah got wind that 'X' was at the Premier Inn that night, maybe she went to confront him? Threatened to expose their relationship maybe?

Thanks for this Holly.

I wonder if Leah got wind that 'X' was at the Premier Inn that night, maybe she went to confront him? Threatened to expose their relationship maybe?

Yes that's what I'm thinking! Maybe Mr X was there having a valentines meal with his wife/fiance? A lot of premier inns have restaurants that locals will go to even if they are not a guest so he may not have been staying there but perhaps in the bar having a drink or meal and like you say Leah caught wind of this and decided to confront him/them?

The more I think about this the more obvious it seems to me that the area of the premier Inn has some kind of significance to her disappearance. Her location settings was switched off here and then the next day her phone too! Then there's the 12 days prior to her disappearance where she lied to her parents about which hotel she was in....too many coincidences in my opinion!

Yes that's what I'm thinking! Maybe Mr X was there having a valentines meal with his wife/fiance? A lot of premier inns have restaurants that locals will go to even if they are not a guest so he may not have been staying there but perhaps in the bar having a drink or meal and like you say Leah caught wind of this and decided to confront him/them?

The more I think about this the more obvious it seems to me that the area of the premier Inn has some kind of significance to her disappearance. Her location settings was switched off here and then the next day her phone too! Then there's the 12 days prior to her disappearance where she lied to her parents about which hotel she was in....too many coincidences in my opinion!

I was just thinking the same thing too, that the Premier Inn could play a significant part in Leah's disappearance. As you say both her location settings and her phone were turned off here and it seems an ideal location where Leah and 'X' could have met up with each other, being not far from their place of work.

I wonder whether the police ever interviewed any members of staff from the Premier Inn when they were investigating Leah's disappearance?

Just wanted to post a pic of Leah dressed up and wearing a bit of makeup.
Leah Croucher: Fears missing teenager 'no longer alive' two years on | Daily Mail Online
''Detective Chief Inspector Howard also said that friends had spoken to police about anxiety issues Leah was having at the time.''
39307496-9261431-image-m-7_1613385514221.jpg

+6
35202144-9261431-Haydon_s_death_came_nine_months_after_his_half_sister_Leah_pictu-a-8_1613385517355.jpg

Leah Croucher, 19, was last seen on CCTV down Buzzacott Lane in Furzton, Buckinghamshire while on her way to work on the morning of February 15, 2019 before she 'vanished into thin air'

Bouncing off of @Thelastleg here. I believe it isn’t confirmed exactly whether the location services were turned off as it was suggested Leah could’ve been doing something else on her phone.

"So it could have been Leah even though we know her phone has left the network by then. But there are things she still could have been doing on her phone that were not going through the network," says the DCI.
Source: Police reveal hope that Leah Croucher might still be alive on the second anniversary of her disappearance from Milton Keynes

I definitely consider the meeting up theory, and the coincidence being Leah meets somebody at a hotel 2 weeks prior to her disappearance and conceals this to her parents, 2 weeks later her location services go off, also concealing her whereabouts, both the day before she goes missing and the day of disappearance around Furtzon lake area. Eastern and north respectively. Just a thought but is it possible that if say there was a meeting spot, perhaps north end or east of lake or somewhere in between, that security cameras did pick this up but by the time a “mr.x” involvement was brought to surface, we have the same scenario of the cctv from 15th February being recorded over ? This happened 2 weeks before she went missing. Source: Leah Croucher was having secret romance with 'married' man in Milton Keynes before she vanished, say parents

Note this article being in October 2019. It would be interesting to see if there was any mention of this previously, closer to February when she disappeared to confirm this is something the police actually looked into.

Something worthwhile noting here IMO is this appeal TVP have just released at 5pm here in the UK. Source : Thames Valley Police

They have released the CCTV footage of Leah on Leigh hill on the day of her disappearance at 8:07, just before she reaches buzzacott lane at 8:16.

Please see attached some still images of this cctv footage. I personally am convinced I can see Leah using a mobile phone with both hands. I really wanted to hear as many opinions on this as possible because this potentially could be significant. But then again, I would think the police naturally compare cctv to witness statements? Or at least hope so.

Another thing I noticed while quickly scanning the articles released from today is this. DCI Howard mentions that social media and messages between Leah and friends had been scanned and analysed and it seems she was stressed with “work” among other things. The work thing is significant as Mr. X, who I’m only not naming for the purpose of this thread, is known to be a work colleague of Leah at DFC.

Source:

"She was anxious about going to work that week.

Police reveal hope that Leah Croucher might still be alive on the second anniversary of her disappearance from Milton Keynes
Why was she anxious about going to work that week? She disappeared on the Friday.

Also note how in an article it states Leah had a substantial amount of money in her bank account which has not since she has disappeared been touched, “enough to move out if she wanted

You had the money saved to move out if you wanted. Why didn’t you take the money with you? Why didn’t you take any of your stuff with you?”

Source: Missing Leah Croucher's family say 'we still dream we'll find you' 2 years on

Is it possible that she had been lead to believe she was going to “move out” or “move away” with somebody, and that somebody is the key to her disappearance? This is conflicting because of the fact she didn’t take any of her belongings and was clearly on her way to work with as it seems all intentions of getting there that day. Thoughts?

I’m racking my brains over where she could’ve possibly gone the night before. There are some really good observations here regarding this and I’m going to go back over and take it all in again lol

Attachments

• DB672E2F-E766-4D51-BB19-A9A027B4E4FB.jpeg
    DB672E2F-E766-4D51-BB19-A9A027B4E4FB.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 2A3DE73D-C1E2-4A2E-A9F2-66EB61D6B1E0.jpeg
    2A3DE73D-C1E2-4A2E-A9F2-66EB61D6B1E0.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 5A591F8F-AE48-4D4A-93E1-DE0093F23ED4.jpeg
    5A591F8F-AE48-4D4A-93E1-DE0093F23ED4.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 97
  • B387BE7A-8D63-41F0-962F-2B9D7962242E.jpeg
    B387BE7A-8D63-41F0-962F-2B9D7962242E.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
To add to my previous post, I don’t think suicide is very likely - unless it was in the lake but I know someone mentioned potential hanging in a secluded place - but as we are in our third national lockdown the only thing people are able to do at the moment is walk and explore the outside. Our local lake which is lodge lake is constantly packed now with fishermen, kids exploring, and family’s with dogs walking. It is much the same at howe park woods - with so many people exploring the parks trust establishments I don’t see that her body is in Milton Keynes - but that’s just
My opinion

I was just thinking the same thing too, that the Premier Inn could play a significant part in Leah's disappearance. As you say both her location settings and her phone were turned off here and it seems an ideal location where Leah and 'X' could have met up with each other, being not far from their place of work.

I wonder whether the police ever interviewed any members of staff from the Premier Inn when they were investigating Leah's disappearance?

Yes I'm wondering too if any staff from the Premier Inn were interviewed? They may be able to give an insight to whether Leah had met up with anyone there in the weeks leading up to her disappearance? We know she lied about the other hotel 2 weeks previously so what other meetings did she lie about? Also IF staff did remember seeing her there with someone it might also discount Mr X saying they did not have a romantic relationship.

•Feb 15, 2021

rbbm.
Police release new Leah Croucher appeal 2 years on from disappearance in MK - CitiBlog
“As we know, Leah walked to work in Knowlhill most mornings. On Friday 15 February she was seen on CCTV in Buzzacott Lane, Furzton at 8.16am, so we know for certain that she walked that way. We would expect her walking route to have taken her past Telytubbie Hill on Dulverton Drive. From that point we believe that Leah would have either taken a route north around Furzton Lake or along Loxbeare Drive into Shenley Lodge and north along Faraday Drive.

“This area is a well populated residential area with people commuting, doing the school run or exercising. Given how busy the area is I find it hard to believe that this CCTV clip of Leah at 8.16am is the last time that we know she was seen.

“We know for sure that the day before Leah’s disappearance she took a route which led her from Dulverton Drive and along Loxbeare Drive, under H7 Chaffron Way. She then took a combination of Faraday Drive and the adjacent redways through Shenley Lodge and into Knowlhill.

“However it appears that this was not the route Leah took on 15 February.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members