Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another news report from minutes ago.

I think this feels a bit ‘homemade’ but I think the family and pushing for the support of the press.

New photos show how Leah Croucher could look today, two years after going missing from Milton Keynes

I really find it difficult to imagine Leah is alive and well somewhere living a new life. I also do not think she is being held somewhere against her will. I think if she did disappear voluntarily she would have been seen on cctv at a train or bus station or an innocent taxi driver would have come forward. I also think if she had walked from the area she would have been seen by more witnesses or further cctv.

Last edited:
I wonder have local landfill sites been checked too? I mentioned yesterday when searching where on PIH were their CCTV cameras I noticed a large amount of industrial sized wheelbins around the back of the hotel. *(Images attached again from google). All MOO of course.[/QUOTE]

There was a case a few years ago in Suffolk Corey who went missing after a night out and there was speculation around waste disposal. Thread on websleuths but I can’t recall the name!

Has anyone read further info on the ‘newly released’ footage of girl dressed in black referenced in this article? What time this was and where etc?

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. Would they be referencing the footage released on Leigh Hill?

I saw another reference from DCI that said they found a Leah croucher in London who was remarkably alike, apparently parents said yes it was her, but it was the discounted. Will try and find the link.

Yes I saw something about this being an instagram account that was found. I think it was in DCI howards statement on TVP webpage. I'll try find the link too if I can.

I really find it difficult to imagine Leah is alive and well somewhere living a new life. I also do not think she is being held somewhere against her will. I think if she did disappear voluntarily she would have been seen on cctv at a train or bus station or an innocent taxi driver would have come forward. I also think if she had walked from the area she would have been seen by more witnesses or further cctv.

I agree. Leah didn't drive (statement and MSM link regarding this below) so if she left the area it would have been on foot or public transport and therefore there would be more CCTV footage of her than there is. I don't think she would have missed her 21st birthday or her brothers funeral. If it was suicide I think with more people out walking in parks because of lockdowns etc. She would've been found by now. I do find the "sightings" of her crying by the lake a bit confusing because if she left home 8am and the witnesses saw her her between 9-11am that's quite a big chunk of time to be wandering around by the lake in the freezing cold. She can't have been on her phone the entire time? And we know her phone switched off at 8.34am!

I can't help but feel the key to all this is the Lake ~ I believe it was some kind of meeting place which is why I believe the PIH plays a big part of it. Where do people meet up when having affairs? Hotels! I think she was lured there by someone she knew or trusted. All MOO.

'Our beautiful girl deserves at least the dignity of a funeral,' says sister of Leah Croucher

"Leah did not drive, hence why she was walking to work on the day she went missing so how far could she have got without being seen on public transport?"

"There was a case a few years ago in Suffolk Corey who went missing after a night out and there was speculation around waste disposal. Thread on websleuths but I can’t recall the name!"

Yes I know one you mean, corey mcceague.

*Edited to remove broken quote*

Last edited:
I wonder have local landfill sites been checked too? I mentioned yesterday when searching where on PIH were their CCTV cameras I noticed a large amount of industrial sized wheelbins around the back of the hotel. *(Images attached again from google). All MOO of course.

There was a case a few years ago in Suffolk Corey who went missing after a night out and there was speculation around waste disposal. Thread on websleuths but I can’t recall the name![/QUOTE]

It is Corrie McKeague from Bury St Edmunds - police believe he ended up in the local landfill.

'Our beautiful girl deserves at least the dignity of a funeral,' says sister of Leah Croucher

Pleased to see this picked up in MSM as per my question about referencing social media.

note the explicit mention of ‘never seeking medical advice’- this implies her medical records haven’t been accessed- so I think family is saying to not focus on the pregnancy angle.
Leah's sister hints at a lot in this statement.

I think people have discussed her being pregnant as a reason why Mr X might have had a reason to want Leah to disappear,not that she has run away to have a secret child

An upset girl claiming a love affair might not have concerned him too greatly,but a pregnant girl carrying his child would be very damaging for him and not tolerated by his extended family.
MOO

@HollyHunter9 - Yes i believe that the Premier Inn at Furzton was a likely meeting place between Leah & 'X'. I also think that Leah could have met him there the evening before she disappeared. And i also believe that Leah was at the Premier Inn car park when her phone was switched off at 8.34 the morning she disappeared.

The problem is that the police have dismissed any link between 'X' & Leah as a possible reason for her disappearance. The DCI states that he is 'open-minded' about the reason for Leah disappearing but for some unknown reason won't explore the possible relationship between Leah & 'X'. He personally thinks that Leah disappeared of her own accord but how? Leah didn't drive so she would have to have another means of leaving the area. And as people have posted previously there were no sightings of Leah on any buses or trains that morning, and no taxi drivers reported giving her a lift. Surely then the most logical reason is that she left the area in a vehicle? If she did then who was the driver? And where did they go?

Would a taxi report it though if it were a favour for a friend? May breach some kind of taxi law. Similarly, delivery trucks may not declare it if it was against work rules? Or for general distrust of police if they get regularly pulled over or fined or feel the police don’t help them when they have problems with a customer.

Of course, if either a taxi or delivery driver were related to X, they may know that something untoward was going down.

I also notice that it states in this article that the phone location services were switched off on the EASTERN side of Furzton lake on 14th February 2019, day before disappearance, when Leah went off for an hour 15 minutes. This information although small actually changes a lot as we also know it went off at the north end on day of disappearance. The possibility of a trusted meet up scenario is unfortunately seeming more likely. IMO. EDIT:Thank you @HollyHunter9 for pointing this out! This definitely seems significant.
RSBM Something else I was thinking about with regard to Police saying that location was switched off but Leah could have been doing other things on her phone (paraphrasing) I was wondering if Leah had made her Whatsapp private. When it is set to private no-one in her contacts would know if she was online or not. She may not have wanted someone to know that she was messaging someone else. You don't have this facility with a message.

The red ways around MK are frequently used by cyclists. Parking in central MK and near the train station (as knowlhill is) is really expensive and hard to find a space so many cycle or walk.

All of the various outlet areas near the station are permit or 1hour, so people walk or cycle.

what’s unusual in Mk is the underpasses aren’t like the association you immediately think of- they are well lit, well used, open, often lead to well used routes to mainline areas such as parks, station, retail outlets.

there are some which wouldn’t be classes as ‘safe’ but these are much closer to the shopping centre or in Bletchley, not where Leah lives.

This is what really shocks me about this, I remember being at the junior park run on the Sunday which was at Emerson valley, really close to furston, after she disappeared and there were people everywhere looking, word spread fast, there were helicopters all sorts.
Everyone knew someone on social media who had a friend in common with someone who knew Leah or the crouchers.

It baffles me as much as the police that no one saw anything.
I think there needs to be a renewed reconstruction with all the updates, the timings the footage.

Can’t stop thinking about this at the moment, I’m trying to really think of there is anything about MK that could explain how this could happen in 2019 someone disappears without a trace?

The red ways around MK are frequently used by cyclists. Parking in central MK and near the train station (as knowlhill is) is really expensive and hard to find a space so many cycle or walk.

All of the various outlet areas near the station are permit or 1hour, so people walk or cycle.

what’s unusual in Mk is the underpasses aren’t like the association you immediately think of- they are well lit, well used, open, often lead to well used routes to mainline areas such as parks, station, retail outlets.

there are some which wouldn’t be classes as ‘safe’ but these are much closer to the shopping centre or in Bletchley, not where Leah lives.

This is what really shocks me about this, I remember being at the junior park run on the Sunday which was at Emerson valley, really close to furston, after she disappeared and there were people everywhere looking, word spread fast, there were helicopters all sorts.
Everyone knew someone on social media who had a friend in common with someone who knew Leah or the crouchers.

It baffles me as much as the police that no one saw anything.
I think there needs to be a renewed reconstruction with all the updates, the timings the footage.

Can’t stop thinking about this at the moment, I’m trying to really think of there is anything about MK that could explain how this could happen in 2019 someone disappears without a trace?

Do you think it's possible she is still close by?Perhaps hidden in the redways somewhere? There was a case I heard of where a young Italian girl went missing from outside a church. Despite lots of searches by locals/LE she wasn't found until 17 years later and her body was found in the roof of the church she went missing from!

Riddle of Elisa Claps missing for 17 years comes to tragic end as body is found | Daily Mail Online

Do you think it's possible she is still close by?Perhaps hidden in the redways somewhere?

I think if she is close by, it’s alive and captive.

I think the likely of her being by close by deceased and hidden is less likely. MK is very much a carbon footprint of its self/ roads, layout, same types of planting, grass banks. Like I mentioned before there isn’t really any expansive woodland or area that aren’t open for walking.

Mk is the ‘concrete jungle’ roundabouts etc.
I think there is little scope to hide a body-
Except in water. There are lots of bodies of water all over Mk- some less occupied such as tongwell lake for example.
This is why I was keen to hear more about the bones at hardingstone. It strikes me that if Leah was taken somewhere in a car by someone not from the area, someone who knows Mk would say ‘take her far away’ the feeling of leaving Mk into the rural surrounding villages makes you feel like you are miles away-

I’m not sure, historically, but I don’t think there would be cases of bodies being found in MK it’s too built up.

my gut is- water across MK should be searched. I think I feel like there is possibility she is being held, maybe this is led by the early request by TVP to check sheds, garages. Which was weird. Like someone said, it’s the type of thing you do for a missing pet. But it may have been to alert neighbours to any strange comings or goings.

I think if she is close by, it’s alive and captive.
my gut is- water across MK should be searched. I think I feel like there is possibility she is being held, maybe this is led by the early request by TVP to check sheds, garages. Which was weird. Like someone said, it’s the type of thing you do for a missing pet. But it may have been to alert neighbours to any strange comings or goings.
rbsbm.
In many cases (at least here in Canada) LE ask for people to check sheds, garages ect. often it seems, imo, when a person has left of their own will and is vulnerable in some way such as being depressed or elderly.
Could be because the climate conditions can be severe and the mp may try to seek protection from those elements, imo, speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member