UK UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #4

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Steleheart, Feb 19, 2019.

1. LINEOFDUTY

LINEOFDUTY Active Member

Fair point Stewlb
    Its always possible. My point was that in the older parts of Milton Keynes that are several miles away there may be culverts, old tunnels, wells and shafts. But none I have discovered in the Furzton area. The other locations could only be reached with a car. And once in a car it could be driven to any other area of the whole country.
    There would seem to be few reasons to remain local if it was an abduction

Thelastleg and dotr like this.

2. Jenesaisquoi

Jenesaisquoi Well-Known Member

Good to get recent ‘likes’ on this thread - shows that people are still very interested in what has happened to Leah.

I wonder if Sarah Everard’s alleged killer has definitely been ruled out of Leah’s disappearance. Have to say, I would still like to see X do a media interview. He must surely have an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2021
    Scorpiette, kelsie, V347 and 9 others like this.
  3. Spiderplant

Spiderplant Well-Known Member

I have been thinking of Leah lately, and when driving around MK I noticed some of the large banners still show the reward as £5k.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2021
    HayLouise and dotr like this.
  4. Lindsay Lou Who

Lindsay Lou Who Well-Known Member

I have been quietly following Leah's thread from the very beginning.
    My feeling is that she didn't commit suicide, firstly it would be near impossible to completely disappear after suicide. I honestly think if Leah did this she would have been found by now and probably left her family or a friend a note or some sort of goodbye.
    I also don't feel Leah has run away, if she was planning this she could have accessed her savings in the weeks / days before her disappearance, and taken her passport and some clothes.
    I honestly believe she left home with the intention of arriving at work but was intercepted on the way by someone who knew her route to work. Unfortunately and very sadly I don't think Leah is alive, although I really hope I am wrong. And I honestly think her family are onto something with the person they suspect. I believe they are following their gut instinct and possibly unknowingly at the time saw changes in Leah and were rightly worried about what and who she was getting mixed up with, which is why they disapproved.
    Imagine it was your family member and you had strong suspicions and the police were silencing you.
    All MOO

My heart goes out to Leah's family.

5. Spiderplant

Sorry mods. Forgot myself Re socials.

dotr likes this.
  6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

HayLouise likes this.
  7. WanderingJenn

WanderingJenn Well-Known Member

Is there a doctor's office or drug store near? Somewhere one could confirm they were pregnant? Could she have found out she was pregnant on Valentine's day? Turned off location so NOONE knew where she was going? Could explain the "comfy clothes" and hour or so of missing time.
    Packed a bag, burner phone, etc. the next morning thinking she was going to run away with him? Or threaten to run away, thinking he wouldn't let her? And he disappointed her?
    We've all been "young and in love". Heartbreak can be very devastating.

Tragic for the family, all the way around.

kelsie and dotr like this.
  8. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Makes me think of Erin Corwin. Being the ‘other woman’ can be a very dangerous situation.

9. Spiderplant

I’m just watching a documentary on Millie dowler. Levi bellfields flat opposite where Millie was last seen was visited 11 times without response, but this wasn’t picked up nor followed up.
    It made me wonder about door to door investigations for Leah, if there was an address that similar happened.

To say I still suspect mr X but I’m exploring other possibilities. Given the similar circumstances on disappearing into thin air. And my wobble that she ‘was’ held nearby to that last seen location or circle area

10. Spiderplant

dotr likes this.
  11. Jenesaisquoi

A bump for Leah, as she is most definitely not forgotten about. Hope the easing of lockdown helps the family.

12. LINEOFDUTY

LINEOFDUTY Active Member

Many angles have been covered since Leah went missing. But despite some great ideas and work by websluethers we have not seen any progress and in the meantime other cases arise. Its a pity funds cannot be found to update the many posters we see across roads in Milton Keynes. Wording along the lines of £20,000 award if you tell us where Leah is, might seem more appropriate.
    There is a local Journalist who has written some moving copy about Leahs family. She works for the local paper MK Citizen.
    Amongst our posts are many questions that have not been answered. Such as: when this Journalist met TVP did she meet the officer in charge Andy Howard or part of the media team? How precise are TVP about the location where the phone was turned off. Why did TVP not warn local single women to take extra care IF an abduction was being considered. Why did they not have officers on all of her routes to work for several days stopping and asking regular walkers if they recalled any issues. Did they check any of the numerous empty houses on the route? So these and many more questions could feature in future meetings with TVP, IF the journalist views our work. A view of her Linked in page reveals some interesting information about her and her contacts.
    If we could compile a comprehensive list of key questions we might find a way of having these issues clarified.
    We also need confirmation that continuing to try to find the truth is acceptable to Leah's family. If there is any way of seeking their approval we would all benefit.

V347, Stumpyaura, Scorpiette and 8 others like this.
  13. WiseOwl

WiseOwl Well-Known Member

Hi LOD - just to try and answer some of your questions:

The MK Citizen reporter did interview DCI Howard in person - here is the report dated 15 February 2021:

Police reveal hope that Leah Croucher might still be alive on the second anniversary of her disappearance from Milton Keynes

The biggest surprise in this interview is that the DCI believes that Leah went off on her own accord but doesn't give any specific reason why he thinks this.

I believe the TVP did not warn any local women to take care in the wake of Leah's disappearance as it has always been treated as a missing person case and not a criminal one. The police have stated that there is no proof that any crime has been committed.

As for why the police did not have officers on Leah's routes asking locals questions in the days after she went missing, well only the TVP can explain why this did not happen.

You mention compiling a list of key questions and finding a way of having certain issues clarified but who would you direct the questions to? The TVP? The MK Citizen? Or the Croucher family themselves?

V347, HollyHunter9, Lyndaloo and 3 others like this.
  14. HollyHunter9

HollyHunter9 Well-Known Member

Some great points coming up on Leah's thread. I do wonder if TVP know more than they have released because as far as I'm aware I don't believe women in the local area were warned to be careful when walking alone in the area. There has been some big breaks in a number of missing persons cases lately...suzanne morphew, Alan White etc. I do hope Leah's family have not given up hope of finding her. I wonder is there a way the 20k reward could be donated to the family instead so they could perhaps use it to hire a private investigator?

15. Spiderplant

I can confirm that locally there was not any directive from TVP about dangers of walking alone. To women or to anyone.

I do not understand how TVP can believe she just disappeared of her own accord.

I’d ask like the crouchers to let us know how we can support them. I check online to see if anything is being said but it’s mainly shares of the media coverage.

I’d love to see some gusto from an external source or the paperwork that shows about local searches afterwards.
    I remain convinced there is some kind of answer in that very immediate area. An empty house or an unanswered door enquiry. A link between MrX and a person/building/familiar path/road/route. there’s a link there. Maybe he walked with Leah before and knew her frequently routes. Maybe she was watched previously. Maybe even the night before. Perhaps mr X was ‘supposed’ to make her go ‘missing’ the night before hence the location switch off. A false lure to discuss their relationship.

16. Jenesaisquoi

Father’s Day coming up

Lindsay Lou Who and dotr like this.
  17. Jenesaisquoi

Wonder if Sarah Everard’s kidnapper ( don’t think I need to put alleged as he has admitted sc’s kidnap today?) ever ruled out of Leah’s case.