Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would include me. I don't think it bears any resemblance to a person.
Just a case of people persuading themselves to see what they want to see.

I totally agree.

Just as a thought experiment, when the girl in the barn story broke I took a virtual wander on Google Streeview through the Kent lanes near where Wayne Couzens owned his plot of land, to see if I could find anything looking like a woman hiding in the woods. I could have picked anywhere, but I wanted to see how easy it would be to fabricate a link with a known killer if you were minded to. It took me about 15 minutes. I'm pretty confident I could do the same in almost any location if I tried.

Google Streetview and Google Earth are fantastic resources for sleuthers because the images taken are so comprehensive and indiscriminate, as the story below illustrates, but we do need to keep the bar high in deciding what's real and what's a cortical trick.

Google Maps image shows my dead son, says California man

JMO

One of the MK Citizen newspaper journalists or photographers tried to superimpose the image then others on the FB group mentioned in the MK Citizen newspaper article have also attempted to use software to do the same.
EXCLUSIVE: Sharp-eyed member of the public unearths what could prove to be vital lead in case of missing Leah Croucher from Milton Keynes

What it comes up with is a blurred image which could be a person but here is the official statement by Thames Valley police.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news...e-of-milton-keynes-woman-leah-croucher-348555
Quote: A police spokesman told us: "We can confirm that all of the information that the investigation team is in receipt of is being taken into consideration when investigating Leah’s disappearance."
He added: "It wouldn’t be appropriate for us to comment on the incidents to which you refer, other than to confirm that they are both a part of the ongoing investigation.
"Every strand of information received is investigated thoroughly in context with the investigation as a whole, and as always, we would urge the public to contact the force with information either by visiting a police station, or reporting online or call 101, quoting 43190049929 or ‘Operation Dawlish’.

Juicy Lucy it is interesting that you should mention Wayne Couzen's as google maps shows the garage where he had previously worked a few Months after it had closed down. A man with a digger is there doing some work at the very place media reports later show police with an evidence tent. :eek:
I have always wondered what could be under the boundary stones that appeared at the garage soon after the ground had been dug up :rolleyes:

Another interesting thing that springs to mind is when websleuths found a missing person who had vanished decades ago in a sunken car on google maps.
Google Maps shows sunken car where missing man’s body was found

I think the 'barn lady' image could lead to something but maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited:
Has anyone kept a log of potential sightings of Leah apart from in and around Milton Keynes
There was one at the beginning of the investigation where a comment was made about about a Hillcrest Hospital patient. The comment was made on the FB Official Thames Valley Police page. I am sure anything like this would have been followed up on though.

Massive poster campaign prompts another potential sighting of Leah Croucher in Milton Keynes

Details of a potential sighting of Leah Croucher have already emerged as part of a huge poster campaign organised by a community group in Milton Keynes at the weekend.

This sighting, of a girl matching Leah's description and seeming to be "in a foul mood", is from the morning she disappeared.

Interestingly it was at Teardrop Lakes, which are about a mile away from Furzton Lake - the area that Leah's phone left the network at 8.34am on February 15 2019.

Last edited:
Massive poster campaign prompts another potential sighting of Leah Croucher in Milton Keynes

Details of a potential sighting of Leah Croucher have already emerged as part of a huge poster campaign organised by a community group in Milton Keynes at the weekend.

This sighting, of a girl matching Leah's description and seeming to be "in a foul mood", is from the morning she disappeared.

Interestingly it was at Teardrop Lakes, which are about a mile away from Furzton Lake - the area that Leah's phone left the network at 8.34am on February 15 2019.
Teardrop Lakes now seem to be quickly becoming a centre point of the investigation.
As well as the newspaper link Wise Owl shared the FB page quoted in the newspapers appears to have been given a statement from a man who was at a nearby gym on the day of Leah's disappearance and saw a lady walking hurriedly away from a tall man. I expect there will be some kind of update if this sighting is also relevant to the investigation.

Public have been appealed to before.

Can the police appeal more effectively, or at least research into it? Seems to me that even with public appeals, people with possible info need encouraging to report either to police or to Crimestoppers. (Not just Leah. Other mispers too). And then sometimes it isn’t reported in such time that CCTV could be gathered.

RE Joseph McCann, I believe released prisoners get issued travel ticket or similar if needed. If HMP Woodhill released from... probably would have been heading to Central Milton keynes train station so he would have been in the area of Leah's walk to work if he walked/jogged/ran there. It's right there near Knowhill. I really would like to know where he was released from because since it was done in some kind of error, how many other paperwork errors could be made in terms of his release, and would the public take it well for an error of the authorities to lead to an abduction and possible murder. Would our Gov wanna feel responsible... is there a way to find this information freely?

Absolutely.
Plus didn’t he have to check in at a half way house on that morning after release. I don’t see any way that he would have been wandering the streets of MK at 8.30 am even if he was released from the closest prison to the area.
Upon reading this and living in the area. I see nothing but the reverse of what you say this is why to me its major if this is where he was released from. They would have hit the connecting redway paths very quickly upon release.... funny enough the new town of MK... they don't really have a system of streets unless you are walking on a housing estate....so no you wouldn't see people walking the streets as such, you'd see them walking the redways , its common to see people walking the grass verges of the dual carriageways also, where there is no actual redway or path... it's an unusual town in that respect. I re state, if he was given travel pass to get a train or even a bus that goes Aylesbury he'd be heading to Lea's direction at that kind of time.

Last edited:
RE Joseph McCann, I believe released prisoners get issued travel ticket or similar if needed. If HMP Woodhill released from... probably would have been heading to Central Milton keynes train station so he would have been in the area of Leah's walk to work if he walked/jogged/ran there. It's right there near Knowhill. I really would like to know where he was released from because since it was done in some kind of error, how many other paperwork errors could be made in terms of his release, and would the public take it well for an error of the authorities to lead to an abduction and possible murder. Would our Gov wanna feel responsible... is there a way to find this information freely?
The main point made on this forum which would rule him out is that there is no solid evidence that JMC was at HMP Woodhill. Most prisoners have no car at first so would have needed to be picked up from the prison gates by a family member. The previous timings of last sightings of Leah are too early in the morning unless he was at Woodhill. Police would have had a strong case of looking at JMC's movements as well as any other rapists or known offenders in the area to be able to rule him out.
My point was that someone else could have abducted Leah but he could have still had a part to play later on.
JMC went to Aylesbury to stay with his mother which is not that great a distance from Milton Keynes.
JMC came from a travellers background and there is a site close to the Eaton Bray property where 'barn lady' was later sighted. He also had the Modus Operandi of abducting people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow