Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a fact to me or wouldn't the police have disputed it like they have challenged other media articles recently about Leah?

"Police searched the large house the barn belongs to and grounds almost two years ago as part of the investigation, MK Citizen reports. But they are now investigating the Google Earth images as part of Leah's disappearance.
Eaton Bray locals have been baffled for years over why the area was searched by police in the first place. The home was even taken off the market while cops dug up the grounds but one resident said "nothing seemed to come of the search".

Leah Croucher cops probe lead after web sleuths spot ‘girl in red blanket’

ETA: Note "digging up the grounds"....suggests they were looking for a body...yet now they think Leah disappeared off her own accord. I have to say I find the investigation into Leah's disappearance as equally baffling as the disappearance itself!
I agree-In addition, the fact that the Google Earth content of the girl at barn image has been removed. I recall in a similar missing person case, I brought to police attention a suspicious occurrence on Google Earth, only to find that in a meter of days, the Google content was removed. I suspect Police are investigating Leah’s disappearance as part of a wider investigation and don’t want to tip off who they are watching IMO
It's not a window - it's an open-sided barn.
thank you

I agree-In addition, the fact that the Google Earth content of the girl at barn image has been removed. I recall in a similar missing person case, I brought to police attention a suspicious occurrence on Google Earth, only to find that in a meter of days, the Google content was removed. I suspect Police are investigating Leah’s disappearance as part of a wider investigation and don’t want to tip off who they are watching IMO

It hasn't been removed. I have just looked at it.
Sounds like a fact to me or wouldn't the police have disputed it like they have challenged other media articles recently about Leah?

I doubt it. The recent public statement refuting the claims of a witness was highly unusual in my experience.

I haven't seen a reliable statement that the previous search was connected with Leah. It's more likely that it had something to do with the previous owner, and the police were content to keep the details under wraps and allow people to make assumptions.

"Police searched the large house the barn belongs to and grounds almost two years ago as part of the investigation, MK Citizen reports. But they are now investigating the Google Earth images as part of Leah's disappearance.
Eaton Bray locals have been baffled for years over why the area was searched by police in the first place. The home was even taken off the market while cops dug up the grounds but one resident said "nothing seemed to come of the search".

Leah Croucher cops probe lead after web sleuths spot ‘girl in red blanket’

ETA: Note "digging up the grounds"....suggests they were looking for a body...yet now they think Leah disappeared off her own accord. I have to say I find the investigation into Leah's disappearance as equally baffling as the disappearance itself!
It's not a window - it's an open-sided barn.
thank you
It hasn't been removed. I have just looked at it.

I doubt it. The recent public statement refuting the claims of a witness was highly unusual in my experience.

I haven't seen a reliable statement that the previous search was connected with Leah. It's more likely that it had something to do with the previous owner, and the police were content to keep the details under wraps and allow people to make assumptions.
hi @Cherwell Thank you for your helpful advice. I admit I made the mistake of reading the media on this sighting rather than viewing Google myself until just now. I would say the following. The image is not of a person:
*The line of a slat in the barn, showing light or white in the picture would be blocked or broken if a person was in front of it-it is not
*If it was her, she didn’t appear to be restrained and was in sight of the road
* she would have to be on her knees to appear in this position

It is more likely that this is just an object in the barn and someone has seen “what they went looking to see” on Google

It is more likely that this is just an object in the barn and someone has seen “what they went looking to see” on Google

I've blown up the image extensively and that does support that this is a person. Unfortunately the data available is small so there's only so much enhancement that can be done on the image.

I have managed to get a slightly better image than is available on the public street view but even then the face is only 100-250 pixels total which just isn't enough to categorically prove that it it Leah or that's it is guaranteed to be a person.

But the evidence is good to suggest it's a person.

Appears to be wearing a zip hoodie which is dark red with a white vertical line along the zip. Also looks like a black scarf is being worn.

Even weirder is one pixel on the left hand side check as we look at it (right cheek of the person) which may suggest a mole which could tie things in further to it being Leah.

It's worth noting here that the image from Google isn't the greatest so there is a limit to the enhancement that can be done which can lead to incorrect data in the enhanced image.

There's a slat missing along the far wall of the barn which shows as a pale line where the light is coming in. What might be seen as the lower part of a face seems to me to be a continuation of that pale gap. There may be a piece broken off from the slat above.
The reddish item is an object behind the post. Could be a box or container, possibly of rusty metal. It looks too large to be a body in proportion with what is being interpreted as a head.
It just doesn't look like a figure to me. The waist would be level with the floor.

Honestly? I think whoever found this has a very vivid imagination. It reminds me of people who find images of the Virgin Mary in their Danish pastries. The human brain is hardwired to find patterns in randomness, and in particular to home in on anything that could be construed as a face. Still, watching with interest. It would be great if there were something to it.

From today's MK Citizen:

But this month, mentions of the Eaton Bray police search re-surfaced on social media - on the online forum Web Sleuths and also the Facebook page 'Leah Croucher Disappearance - Community Investigation'.

The aim of the Facebook group, which has 1,200 members, is to share information and thoughts that may lead to insight into what has happened to Leah.

One member was curious about what the property looked liked and how big the grounds were, so she decided to find it on Google Earth.

"I zoomed into the house then moved the cursor along to one of the barns next to it. I zoomed in, then zoomed again - and then I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought I was seeing things at first," they said.

"I could see someone in one of the barns, visible through out of a big opening in the wall.. It was clearly a female and it looked as though she had a red blanket of jacket round her. She was just sitting there..."

Interestingly enough SaintGertrude mentioned Eaton Bray in their post on 2 October on this thread, it looks as though it was being discussed on the Leah Croucher Disappearance FB page and a local (to Milton Keynes) member went to their nearest police station and reported it.

Yes this is correct. I mentioned the lady with the dogs and it being of interest that it happened the same time as Leah went missing. I also found a derelict farmhouse but not being a local I didn't know it was the same place the lady with the dogs owned. This kind of thing does happen sometimes when I pray for direction about things.
Anyway back to your comment it was a local (to Milton Keynes) who found the image on google maps as you have said.
I've blown up the image extensively and that does support that this is a person. Unfortunately the data available is small so there's only so much enhancement that can be done on the image.

I have managed to get a slightly better image than is available on the public street view but even then the face is only 100-250 pixels total which just isn't enough to categorically prove that it it Leah or that's it is guaranteed to be a person.

But the evidence is good to suggest it's a person.

Appears to be wearing a zip hoodie which is dark red with a white vertical line along the zip. Also looks like a black scarf is being worn.

Even weirder is one pixel on the left hand side check as we look at it (right cheek of the person) which may suggest a mole which could tie things in further to it being Leah.

It's worth noting here that the image from Google isn't the greatest so there is a limit to the enhancement that can be done which can lead to incorrect data in the enhanced image.

The jumper Leah liked to wear in photos was a zip hoodie and dark red with a white line along the zip but there is no report of this missing from her parents house.

There's a slat missing along the far wall of the barn which shows as a pale line where the light is coming in. What might be seen as the lower part of a face seems to me to be a continuation of that pale gap. There may be a piece broken off from the slat above.
The reddish item is an object behind the post. Could be a box or container, possibly of rusty metal. It looks too large to be a body in proportion with what is being interpreted as a head.
It just doesn't look like a figure to me. The waist would be level with the floor.
Have you looked at the same barn image in previous years on Google maps to compare as I think that should be a task if you know the exact location.

Honestly? I think whoever found this has a very vivid imagination. It reminds me of people who find images of the Virgin Mary in their Danish pastries. The human brain is hardwired to find patterns in randomness, and in particular to home in on anything that could be construed as a face. Still, watching with interest. It would be great if there were something to it.
There is someone driving away in a black car wearing a red jumper or puffer jacket. If Google satellite takes a while to pan the whole area then possibly the same person.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-080449.png
    Screenshot_20211011-080449.png
    423.1 KB · Views: 74
Have you looked at the same barn image in previous years on Google maps to compare as I think that should be a task if you know the exact location.
Previous years barn not there and in future year shot, grass covers barn to quite a height.
I should have known better than to rely on medie reports on this and I agree with @Cherwell description of slats and @JuicyLucy description of seeing what you set out to see-Mines a Danish swirl☺️

I think this would be interesting if this is a location that had already been linked by police to Leah's disappearance and possibly searched. I also had read that nothing of Leah's was missing (such as a hoodie mentioned earlier) but then it may be that certain items were missing and not reported. Even if it's not relevant its surely a good thing that Leah is making national news MOO.

On another note, do we know what Leah usually did for lunch ie did she buy lunch or make lunch and take it to work?

Previous years barn not there and in future year shot, grass covers barn to quite a height.
I should have known better than to rely on medie reports on this and I agree with @Cherwell description of slats and @JuicyLucy description of seeing what you set out to see-Mines a Danish swirl☺️
:D
The barn is there in earlier years, it's just masked by a tree from some angles.

I am open to other theories but do think that a person is in the photo at the barn.
When did the RSPCA inspector come to see if dogs were being left neglected at the same cottage for example.
In another image there is someone driving along the road wearing a noticeable red coat or jumper. Several people have commented about red of some description in the barn image. Could this be the same person later on in google satellite image leaving the barn.

I am open to other theories but do think that a person is in the photo at the barn.
When did the RSPCA inspector come to see if dogs were being left neglected at the same cottage for example.
In another image there is someone driving along the road wearing a noticeable red coat or jumper. Several people have commented about red of some description in the barn image. Could this be the same person later on in google satellite image leaving the barn.

I'm no expert or anything at all, I was just messing around on Instagram with the photo. Im not sure about it at all and do think it just looks like a face and our mind playing tricks but yes open minded about. I maybe can see something red like a bag Screenshot_2021-10-11-12-49-06-67_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

The images are not from Google Earth via satellite. Those would be aerial pictures. They are Google Streetview which is filmed from a vehicle on the road.

What are we looking at here? Could you post a link to the source @SaintGertrude so we can put the image you've posted into context? Thanks.
The image I have discovered was from Google ariel maps in March 2019. A person wearing red and driving a car taken further along the road called The Rye which is not far from the barn. I am not sure how much space Google gives to between taking images in a certain area. There have been lots of comments about 'barn lady' wearing a red garment so just a small observation to add to the discussion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-144629-475.png
    Screenshot_20211011-144629-475.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
The image I have discovered was from Google ariel maps in March 2019. A person wearing red and driving a car taken further along the road called The Rye which is not far from the barn. I am not sure how much space Google gives to between taking images in a certain area. There have been lots of comments about 'barn lady' wearing a red garment so just a small observation to add to the discussion.

Well, okay, now this gets interesting to me. Does anyone else think the driver of the car looks pregnant?

Here's the link btw, for anyone (else) who would rather not trawl through google streetview for miles if it can be avoided: Google Maps

Did Leah drive? I'm sure someone here will know.

Last edited:
Can anyone supply a Streetview link for the barn? I thought I was looking at the right one but it doesn't match the photos in MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong