Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was she under pressure to sell land to developers. IMO
Thank you for looking this up how on earth they co-owned such as large and expensive property is astonishing. It looked on the way to dereliction in the hunters house listing, like it had been empty and neglected for a few years.

Well done you looking all of that you’re the taxi firms. Very interesting, it reminded me of the terrible case of Rachel Manning in MK who was abducted by the cab driver near the city center and murdered. Her boyfriend was wrongly jailed and thank god they later linked to his DNA from another sex attack. He dumped her body on the edge of Woburn golf club. She had been defaced with a steering lock. It still haunts me it was a terrible crime.
Does anyone think it would help to have higher res pictures of the barn for scale?

Thank you for finding the article Wise Owl.

I see that someone who was a personal friend of Leah has now replied to social media post that the local taxi firm used was Skyline Taxis and any call logs or journeys would have been investigated at the beginning of the search for Leah I would imagine.
It says somewhere else that Speedline has since merged with Skyline but not sure what year. If both were in the process of merging in 2019 I would guess the firms took jobs for each other. Speedline was based in Walverton area as far as I can tell and have since moved office location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done you looking all of that you’re the taxi firms. Very interesting, it reminded me of the terrible case of Rachel Manning in MK who was abducted by the cab driver near the city center and murdered. Her boyfriend was wrongly jailed and thank god they later linked his DNA to the case. He dumped her body on the edge of Woburn golf club. She had been defaced with a car jack. It still haunts me it was a terrible crime. Anyhow there was some scandal in the local media about the assailant having something to do with the town mayor!!!!
Does anyone teh ink it would help to have higher res pictures of the barn for scale?
I have only heard about a former local town major who gave a job reference for a shady taxi driver who applied for a Hackney carriage licence back in 2011
Milton Keynes' Subhan Shafiq resigns over taxi rapist row

I have only heard about a former local town major who gave a job reference for a shady taxi driver who applied for a Hackney carriage licence back in 2011
Thank you Saint Gertrude that was the case I was thinking of. Gosh I need to start double checking my facts because clearly my memory isn’t up to much.

Was she under pressure to sell land to developers. IMO

I think that's a good call, especially in view of the planning application. I saw an estate agent's video of the house itself and it's a stunning place but almost completely derelict. If HF inherited it, for instance, she would have needed to find a shedload of cash if she hoped to stay living there, so she might have approached a developer about selling off some of the land. If the deal fell through or she got cold feet, perhaps things took a turn for the hostile and she ended up feeling unsafe there and left in a hurry with only the dog that was easy to transport/keep quiet in a hotel. As a theory, it makes at least as much sense as anything else said about the place.

I can't get behind the idea that any of this has anything to do with Leah, though, and tbh I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with discussing HF much further.

Does anyone know whether the police had been searching the Eaton Bray property because of the barn street view thing or had they searched it due to another connection linking back to Leah? Am. Could it be that the person who had originally submitted it to the police ( it was said to have been screen grabbed 1 month after her dissapearence) released it because it’s 2 years on and still no sign of Leah?

There has to be an element of new evidence coming forward to help but ultimately it is about sifting the evidence that is distracting, some of which can be counterproductive, take investigations down rabbit holes and could be put out there by the culprits to take the scent away from them. I agree with @Cherwell

Juicy this is a really good theory, probably the most level headed one I hadn’t thought of the developers putting on pressure. From what I read it was on the market for sale at that point anyhow, and they took it off the market whilst police search the property in connection to Leah’s disappearance. I’d love to know what led three to search here in the first place. My theory is she was negligent probably wasting money on drugs how else could you explain leaving 3 dogs to starve to death!!!! And if what she said had any truth about being afraid in that house for her safety then you would question as to why she would ever leave 3 of her dogs there. Nobody broke in and hurt them she locked them in there and left them to starve to death.I suspect she made up the story of a friend feeding and disposing of the dogs.

I think that's a good call, especially in view of the planning application. I saw an estate agent's video of the house itself and it's a stunning place but almost completely derelict. If HF inherited it, for instance, she would have needed to find a shedload of cash if she hoped to stay living there, so she might have approached a developer about selling off some of the land. If the deal fell through or she got cold feet, perhaps things took a turn for the hostile and she ended up feeling unsafe there and left in a hurry with only the dog that was easy to transport/keep quiet in a hotel. As a theory, it makes at least as much sense as anything else said about the place.

I can't get behind the idea that any of this has anything to do with Leah, though, and tbh I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with discussing HF much further.

Read the bottom of mk citizen article!!

Do you mean this?

The Citizen asked if it would jeopardise any investigation if we reported on the Google Earth photos.
The spokesman said: "It wouldn’t be appropriate to comment further on these images, as they are currently with the investigation team. However, we have no issues with you reporting this."

What that says to me is that the MK Courier was sensible enough to check with TVP that it was OK to run a story that had already been supplied to them one way or another by the Helpful Web Sleuther.

Everyone will take their own view, but personally if I had what I thought was a serious lead in a case, I would want to be absolutely sure that the press wouldn't report anything that might tip-off a possible perpetrator, and the only way to do that would be not to talk to them or anyone else, only to the police.

Last edited:
How did a 30 something afford this farm house ? Was it her parents ? A single 30 something lady ? Hmm[/QUOTE
Do you mean this?

The Citizen asked if it would jeopardise any investigation if we reported on the Google Earth photos.
The spokesman said: "It wouldn’t be appropriate to comment further on these images, as they are currently with the investigation team. However, we have no issues with you reporting this."

What that says to me is that the MK Courier was sensible enough to check with TVP that it was OK to run a story that had already been supplied to them one way or another by the Helpful Web Sleuther.

Everyone will take their own view, but personally if I had what I thought was a serious lead in a case, I would want to be absolutely sure that the press wouldn't report anything that might tip-off a possible perpetrator, and the only way to do that would be not to talk to them or anyone else, only to the police.
So when exactly did you report it to the police? :)
what?

Does anyone know whether the police had been searching the Eaton Bray property because of the barn street view thing or had they searched it due to another connection linking back to Leah? Am.
I've yet to see any official confirmation that the search of the farm had any connection with Leah's case. All there seems to be is hearsay and assumptions. If anyone can come up with a proper source I will reconsider, but until then I am unconvinced that the two things are connected.

I agree, I don't think we should be talking about these people unless and until a connection is proved.
But I will add that the proposed housing development was fiercely opposed by the locals, so that may well have been the cause of hostility towards HF.

Oh I didn’t realise the police search there in connection to Leah’s case wasn’t a fact. How terribly disappointing I thought it was a superb coincidence the creepy little dwarf head had been spotted by someone as if to redirect attention to this area.
I've yet to see any official confirmation that the search of the farm had any connection with Leah's case. All there seems to be is hearsay and assumptions. If anyone can come up with a proper source I will reconsider, but until then I am unconvinced that the two things are connected.

I agree, I don't think we should be talking about these people unless and until a connection is proved.
But I will add that the proposed housing development was fiercely opposed by the locals, so that may well have been the cause of hostility towards HF.

Oh Saint Gertrude you wicked thing for spotting this. I re-watched the youtube several times this evening of the farm listing just out of interest. I still framed up the stairs too and spotted this graffiti on the wall. I will have to hunt for your creepy head.
2:59 minutes into the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member