Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
She sounds like a solid witness I wonder why police kept on about the last sighting being the 8:16 cctv.
AC wife’s family could may well also be involved in her disappearance if they had found out. Does anyone know whether she was travelling along Buzzacott Lane from East to West or West to East?or did she only travel across it whilst following the footpath to that goes north south?
What man walking fast behind her Brian I’ve not seen any longer versions of the cctv?

I believe this is the witness you are referring to, and the sighting of Leah at Teletubby Hill.

'Was I the last person to see Leah Croucher?' asks Milton Keynes mum as another witness speaks out
What happened with that young man who was on video walking fast behind Leah, was he ever traced or police appeals to find him or anything?

Attachments

• ECC30EE6-E395-429A-9FAC-B1289A370D21.png
    ECC30EE6-E395-429A-9FAC-B1289A370D21.png
    1 MB · Views: 9
Thanks, This sighting is feasible as it is 4 mins from Buzacott (CCTV Footage at 08:16) to Telly Tubbie hill and so the 08:20 would be correct.

of course if you see someone every day at the same time you could get your day / dates confused.

From Teletubby Hill to the Premier Inn is a 14 minute walk, so Leah would be in that vicinity around 8.34 which is exactly the time her phoned was switched off.

Coincidence??

From Teletubby Hill to the Premier Inn is a 14 minute walk, so Leah would be in that vicinity around 8.34 which is exactly the time her phoned was switched off.

Coincidence??[/QUOTE

Coincidence??
Apparently the Premier Inn does not have any cctv footage for the 14th of feb or the 15th feb,it was either wiped or wasn’t working.

She sounds like a solid witness I wonder why police kept on about the last sighting being the 8:16 cctv.
AC wife’s family could may well also be involved in her disappearance if they had found out. Does anyone know whether she was travelling along Buzzacott Lane from East to West or West to East?or did she only travel across it whilst following the footpath to that goes north south?
What man walking fast behind her Brian I’ve not seen any longer versions of the cctv?

Hi DeadStick,

There was footage of Leah walking to work on the 14 February (the day before she disappeared) along Buzzacott Lane and a few seconds after Leah was out of shot a young man appeared in frame walking behind her.

AFAIR the police spoke to this man and ruled him out of their enquires.

I have attached the article from the MK Citizen dated 27 September 2021. It gives a timeline of events from the day Leah went missing and news of what has transpired since in the case. I thought it might be useful to you as I know you are fairly new to this thread.

People in Milton Keynes urged to rewatch Crimewatch appeal charting Leah Croucher's disappearance

Thank you, but I have an issue with Time Stamping.

If you watch the cctv footage from the article you have just posted, Leah walks past the private CCTV camera at 10:03 on the 15th February ??????? Not the time reported of

Secondly, The article states that the Video starts with her clocking into work the day before she disappears, and the cctv footage start at a time of 08:16 on 15th February. The afternoon of the day she disappeared. This I believe was from another private camera separate from the one where she appears to walk slowly (CCTV footage slowed down).
Ok so the date may have been wrong by a day but the time is way out on one of the cameras.

I have attached screen shots from the Daily Mirror article having played the footage.

This is not the first case that I have investigated where time and date stamping have been quite dodgy or even in some cases changed or removed.
Can a freedom of information request be made to the police about this timing. If it is wrong it could change a whole scenario of events.

In as much as they're supposedly seeking witnesses, I would think a simple request to clarify the discrepancy between the timestamp and the stated time of capture would be responded to. I'm sure the question must have arisen before. Failing that, why not contact the journalist at the MK Courier, who have followed the case and the appeal materials from day 1.

Btw, my feeling is that the appearance of frost in the private CCTV is an artefact of a poor quality image captured in low light. Perhaps someone who knows more about photographic images can comment.

The dates and times are wrong IMO and I believe that it may not be snow but a heavy frost.

It was stated that Leah would leave home at c08:00. It is a 40 minute walk to work and she was captured on the private house cctv at 10:03 according to the timestamp. Police reported this time though at 08:16? Even accounting for clocks going back and forward this doesn't make sense.

Her home to the private cctv camera at Buzzacott lane is a 10 minute walk.

The clip at the very beginning of CCTV does not appear to come from either her home street or pace of work, that is the timestamped one.
The work cctv appears to start as she rushes into reception, not something she is doing on the morning of her disappearance.

Also, Im not convinced that the cctv footage of Leah in the morning is clear enough to identify Leah, the girl in this clip appears to be of a smaller frame. I have blown it up and attached.

I definitely think it was snow in the 2nd pic, footsteps too deep for it to be frost imho plus the brick/fence of the house has a build up on it along it that looks like snow, not heavy but certainly a covering, if it is snow then the cctv timestamp is totally inaccurate

I definitely think it was snow in the 2nd pic, footsteps too deep for it to be frost imho plus the brick/fence of the house has a build up on it along it that looks like snow, not heavy but certainly a covering, if it is snow then the cctv timestamp is totally inaccurate
Does anyone also notice the presence of smoke or someone smoking in the doorway of the property with the cctv during part of the footage?

It is visible from 0:36 seconds into video and intermittently until 1:13 of the cctv footage.
I thought it could be a central heart fume but that would not be intermittent.

Last edited:
Does anyone also notice the presence of smoke or someone smoking in the doorway of the property with the cctv during part of the footage?

It is visible from 0:36 seconds into video and intermittently until 1:13 of the cctv footage.
I thought it could be a central heart fume but that would not be intermittent.

That's very subtle, well spotted. It seems more like water vapour to me. You can also see water dripping from the guttering or downpipe. Was there a frost on the roofs that was turning to dew, perhaps?

The CCTV images are clear enough that it should be possible to identify the specific houses in Buzzacott Lane that they were captured from, which we could perhaps then cross-check with Google Streetview to see if there's anything visible that solves the mystery (e.g. gas boiler vent).

However, the Streetview images are very old (2012), the houses have changed in small respects and I think some of the kerbs may have been streamlined too, which is making it hard to pin down, especially as I don't know the area and may be confused about which direction Leah walked in.

If anyone else wants to have a go, I think this is your starting point:
Google Maps

This is the quote from Leah Croucher's family member on 1st August 2019 which was posted under her missing poster appeals.
upload_2021-10-18_17-48-0.png

And we also have to remember that the police have some information we do not; which is the location of all the CCTV where she wasn't seen when she should have been. At this point why not release that to the public?- cameras here or there that she should have passed or could have passed if she just walked away, but did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam