Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bugging me:

"In an emotional appeal, Leah's parents said they are "beside themselves with worry," after she went missing from home on February 14.

The last sighting of the 19-year-old was the following morning at Buzzacott Lane in Furzton, Milton Keynes, just after 8.15am."

I think it's bad wording on behalf of the media, but it's confusing. Did she go missing from home on February 14th or 15th?

Did she sleep at home on the night of the 14th, or did she sleep elsewhere?

Family make emotional appeal for return of missing Milton Keynes teenager Leah Croucher

Right. So according to the video on the Thames Valley Police website, that CCTV image is from Leah arriving at work the PREVIOUS DAY, 14th February.

They have the moving footage on the website here. correction: it's not a clocking in station, it looks like a door which requires a pass to enter.

It's not from the day she went missing.

I can't link because it's to their facebook, but if you search Thames Valley Police facebook it is visible there.

View attachment 170422 I'm 100% sure this is where she was last seen on CCTV.

Google Earth

Walked this route after crossing from Emerson into old Furzton up a lane by the bus stops that gets you to buzzcott

I would always then get to the end of buzzcott and go left towards the shops

Then follow the road down from the shops to the end of north Furzton to an underpass linking me to Shenley Lodge

Once hitting Shenley Lodge head towards silicon court and then onwards to knowhill
Which I believe is her work place

I have lived near Emerson over twenty years and Shenley Lodge for over a year a while ago so I have walked a lot when I was without a car across these routes

Right. So according to the video on the Thames Valley Police website, that CCTV image is from Leah arriving at work the PREVIOUS DAY, 14th February.

They have the moving footage on the website here. correction: it's not a clocking in station, it looks like a door which requires a pass to enter.

It's not from the day she went missing.

I can't link because it's to their facebook, but if you search Thames Valley Police facebook it is visible there.

Thanks for posting that! So if she looked so sad and depressed (imo) the day before she went missing it might be an indicator for a voluntary disappearance - and hopefully nothing worse! I thought the parents' appeal to her sounded like they know she was having a rough time. jmo

@Cardgame we are allowed to link to facebook pages from LE and sms, just not to personal pages.

This article was updated this morning. Not sure if the CCTV images inside were posted previously...

Missing teenager's family make emotional plea for public's help | Daily Mail Online

It has been mentioned by other posters how young Leah looks. It strikes me, looking at the CCTV images in that article, that she looks more like a schoolgirl than a young woman on her way to work.

There is also mention of a couple of unconfirmed sightings at Teardrop Lakes around 8.45am, so I assume that is why they are searching there. This is very similar to the Alice Gross case.

She was seen in cctv footage the morning she went missing. I read she was also spotted at 8.45 by public. I think she was due to go on holiday with her parents in two weeks. Last seen at ten pm previous evening so her parents didn't see her that morning Another young girl just vanishes off the street. Scary.

Last edited:
The detail that concerns me at the moment is that she vanished on a Friday while walking her usual route to work. If she has been abducted, then it is possible that she's been observed previously on this route, and with it being a Friday the possible abductor would be aware that they needed to do it this morning if they didn't want to wait two days to see her again.

I hope the Police have plenty of CCTV of the days leading up to that Friday.

The detail that concerns me at the moment is that she vanished on a Friday while walking her usual route to work. If she has been abducted, then it is possible that she's been observed previously on this route, and with it being a Friday the possible abductor would be aware that they needed to do it this morning if they didn't want to wait two days to see her again.

I hope the Police have plenty of CCTV of the days leading up to that Friday.

Yes, I have thought the same thing. Along with the description of her as a 'creature of habit'.

Agree with the fact that she looks more like a school girl than a young woman on her way to work too.

The updated article has the cctv still of her indoors listed as last Friday. Last Friday was the 15th, the day she went missing, is that an error or did she actually make it into work?

Pretty sure that is an error. The police facebook lists that CCTV as the day before. She did NOT make it into work on the Friday, the last sighting of her is en route to work.

Edited to add: that's a Daily Mail article, not reliable fact checkers :( so frustrating as this misinformation will now get repeated repeatedly

Yes, I have thought the same thing. Along with the description of her as a 'creature of habit'.

Agree with the fact that she looks more like a school girl than a young woman on her way to work too.

Following that train of thought, I would be interested to know what website she was publishing her fantasy writing on. I wonder about the possibility of her unwittingly acquiring an admirer that way.

Following that train of thought, I would be interested to know what website she was publishing her fantasy writing on. I wonder about the possibility of her unwittingly acquiring an admirer that way.

Another digital trail that your LE has hopefully tracked down. Chat records from her SM would already be investigated, right? Sorry, this has probably been discussed. Late to the case :)

Have the parents or the police ever mentioned more about the rucksack? If she took one to work every day then it has little significance but if she took it when she would not normally do then that might well indicate she had planned to run away, wondering if they have said about whether she regularly took a rucksack with her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong