Deceased/Not Found UK - Leah Louise Ware (still missing) and Alexandra Morgan, May/Nov 2021 *Guilty*

Police mugshot of Mark Brown

Police mugshot of Mark Brown (Image: Kent Police)

This is the first picture of murderer Mark Brown, guilty of killing two mums on separate occasions in 2021. Brown, 41, murdered both women at his yard in Sussex after meeting them on a sex work website.

On Thursday (December 1) at Hove Crown Court, Brown was found guilty of the two murders following a six-week trial. Following his conviction, police have released Brown's mugshot, taken after his arrest in November 2021.

He said he had met "fewer than 10" women through the site. None of the others came to any harm, police believe.
Sussex Police said there were not believed to be any other victims of Brown.

A man who described himself as a "psychopath with a conscience" has been found guilty of murdering two women.

Mark Brown, 41, of St Leonards, East Sussex, was convicted of murdering Alexandra Morgan and Leah Ware in 2021.

He once predicted to his boss that he was "going down" for at least 25 years, his trial at Hove Crown Court was told.

Brown, a father of one who had a long term partner, met both women on an adult services website. He will be sentenced on 13 January.

Judge Mr Justice Nicholas Hilliard said: "This is clearly a case of the upmost gravity and the effect on the victims' families must be absolutely devastating."

He said Brown will be sentenced to life in prison and he will have to decide the minimum prison term or "indeed consider if he will ever be released for parole licence".

Ms Ware's remains have never been found. Brown has always maintained that he does not know where she is, and that she is still alive.

The judge told the court if Brown wishes to confirm what he has done with her body, that will be something he will take into consideration between now and sentencing.

Thought he’d be better looking than that!

I’m in agreement with the jury on both counts. Glad he’s been found guilty of both murders.
I thought so too! He was described as muscular, slicked back black hair with tattoos by someone who was attending his trial, and I’ve seen a few pictures of him in his prison jumpsuit and he looks so different compared to that mugshot!
Weirdly, he looks less intimidating, skinny, a bit of a sorry looking bloke if I’m honest.

Good. He's a candidate for a whole-of-life sentence.

I wonder if that means they've ruled out any connection with Georgina Gharsallah.
Not enough evidence for GG, unless a witness says they saw her with him or in his area

I just thought he may possibly be connected due to Brighton, hotels, Albanians but that’s not enough

12:53Alex Boyd

'Brown has never accepted his actions'​

0_JS282997614.jpg

SussexLive reporter Tom Fox (left) speaking to Libby Clark from the CPS (right) (Image: Martin Burton / SussexLive)

In a statement issued after the verdict, Libby Clark from the CPS said:

This is a tragic case where two women - Alex Morgan and Leah Ware - were murdered and treated with utter disregard and cruelty at the hands of Mark Brown.

Brown has never accepted his actions; he claimed Alex’s death was an accident and created a web of lies to cover up the truth about Leah’s murder.

We are pleased the jury saw through his lies and convicted him today, closing this complex and challenging case.

Our thoughts remain with the families of Alex Morgan and Leah Ware. We hope, now Brown has been convicted, he will finally tell us what happened to Leah’s body, so her family can have closure.

As more evidence was uncovered, it became clear Mark Brown was the link between both women’s disappearance and is responsible for their murders.

I want to extend my gratitude to the officers from Kent Police and Sussex Police whose meticulous investigation helped ensure today’s conviction.

Violence against women and girls has no place in our society. At the CPS, we are determined to bring perpetrators of these devasting crimes to justice.

fantastíc news and Thankyou Minisleuth for your wonderful reporting. It has been much appreciated.
Unanimous Jury verdict.

A unanimous jury!

#GUILTY | Mark Brown has been convicted of murdering two women from Sussex and Kent.

A unanimous jury found Brown had killed 33-year-old Leah Ware and 34-year-old Alexandra Morgan at a yard he was renting at Little Bridge Farm in Westfield, near Hastings.

Brown was charged with Alex's murder in November 2021. Her remains were later found at a building site near Sevenoaks where he was working at the time.

He was also arrested in connection with Leah's disappearance when detectives established he would have been the last person to see her alive. To date, Leah's body has not been found.

Detective Superintendent Andy Wolstenholme, of the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team, said: "Mark Brown is a dangerous man seeking to exploit vulnerabilities to his advantage and ultimately betraying two women that right to the end he has continually claimed to care for. I'm pleased he's been caught and that he won't be at liberty to hurt any other women."

To watch the full video and hear more details about the investigation ➡️ https://orlo.uk/Ags29

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back