Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do we think a chance encounter with an incapable young girl got out of hand and somehow lead to her death? I don't see any premeditation but I wonder what a man with very young children was doing out and about after midnight on a week night, a butcher is an early morning job rather than a late night one isn't it?

Katy Austin‏ @KatyAustinNews
Still a police presence at a property on Raglan Street in Hull. Nearly a week after Libby Squire was last seen, Humberside police confirmed a 24 yr old man has been arrested on suspicion of abduction. #HelpFindLibby

DyzTlvFW0AEjVZb.jpg

DyzTluoWwAAwTUF.jpg

Katy Austin on Twitter

As I expected yesterday, abduction arrest. The thing that is worrying me, this guy, if he has abducted her which really looks to be the case now, has had 6 days or so to have disposed of Libby. Hopefully and I am sure they will, the police will stick his registration number into the ANPR system to try and track the cars movements since the point of her going missing, it's almost impossible to avoid ANPR cameras nowadays in the UK for any length of time while driving a vehicle. She could be anywhere now lets face it. I'd be quite surprised if she is found locally given the 6 day time he has had. Lets hope his mobile phone can be triangulated too.

I'd suspect now that the police have a very strong case building against this guy.

It was weird yesterday how the searches stopped all of a sudden in the evening then a couple of hours later they arrested this person at 24 Raglan St and took away his grey VX Astra. If Libby was in that vehicle, I'd expect DNA to be present as I really believe she was taken against her will hence this abduction arrest.

Please let her be okay. I know its not looking good right now, but whilst there is hope, I'd like to go with that.

So, do we think a chance encounter with an incapable young girl got out of hand and somehow lead to her death? I don't see any premeditation but I wonder what a man with very young children was doing out and about after midnight on a week night, a butcher is an early morning job rather than a late night one isn't it?

I think it must have been a chance encounter. Perhaps she accepted the offer of a lift or phone as he looks like a young peer. Unless his photos are very old, he looks far too young to be a married father of two. How very sad.

I think it must have been a chance encounter. Perhaps she accepted the offer of a lift or phone as he looks like a young peer. Unless his photos are very old, he looks far too young to be a married father of two. How very sad.

Photo isn't old, I wont post the link but he's on facebook and the children, or 1 is still a baby.

Maybe he was driving around for a victim. Horrible to think about but I can see that being possible, if he is the balaclava guy.

Hiya - this is my first post on this thread - And what a development regarding the guy arrested!
At this stage I think this could be a chance abduction, but I suspect he may have been building up to this, this very much reminds me of the Vanishing Triangle case in Ireland and if it was a stranger abduction then that very much sends shivers down my spine.
One observation I did make when reading through the thread earlier today is that if they are searching outbuildings or allotments close to Raglan Street that could suggest they think Libby is still alive - And being held somewhere that is easily accessible for the abductor.

The Sun article states a woman was subject to an attempted assault by a man in a balaclava in Libby’s area recently, but escaped. Perhaps the two are connected.

That was on the same night. Some girl was chased Down the road by a man in a balaclava. A taxi pulled up at the end of the road to help but was apparently a fake taxi (normal car with fake taxi stickers on side) but she managed to escape.

It was just near where libby went missing and was apparently reported to the police. People have been talking about this on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave