Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what this video is. I tjink it's the csr drivibg off with Libby in it, ratger than her getting in.

Also, it's attached as a tweet, but I linked the website, so I don't think I've broken any rules.
Yeah it's a new video of "the same" car heading down newland avenue 10 minutes after the CCTV footage

Trying to understand the UK system better.

Assuming a person is guilty, so when a lawyer does arrive then doesnt the lawyer encourage a guilty party to remain silent anyway or say they dont know anything?

Having trouble understanding the part that he doesnt have to speak till a lawyer is present. It seems a lawyer would not want him to say anything either if the laywer is on his side and knows he is guilty.

Couple of things

First the lawyer never asks if client is guilty

Lawyer will try to understand the evidence that makes client a suspect

Lawyer will then ask client if he has any facts or explanations which might help show his innocence

The lawyer will then make a judgement as to whether a statement should be made. Often this is done in writing perhaps supported by answering some questions

But it is not so simple as the US where you can simply invoke absolute right to silence

That doesn’t look like the same car as the one in the first CCTV footage to me.
First definitely looks like an Astra, that one looks more like a corsa size though. Maybe not, hard to tell in the first as it’s quite grainy.
Yep, first thought on seeing the second video was that it didn’t look like an Astra to me.

What if the taxi Libby got from the Welly is the same fake taxi? This article states she got out of the first taxi in Haworth street.....hmmmm
Libby Squire's mum issues desperate plea to missing daughter: 'I'm broken'

In subsequent articles it was confirmed by her mother that Libby got out of the first taxi at her home. That's where she was seen stumbling by the 2 students, and that taxi driver came forward; police stated that driver was not a suspect:

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro...-news/missing-libby-squires-mum-says-13946016

The Sun on Twitter

This paper states that it is Libby in the footage.

Edit It's a different video. I need to re-watch.

Now this is very interesting. This CCTV shows the car seconds from Raglan Street 10 minutes (time adjusted) after the Haworth Street CCTV.

If Libby was in the car at Raglan Street I'm more confused than ever.

Also the Police must be approving all this CCTV to be released?

CCTV probe in Libby Squire's disappearance after man caught on camera getting into car | Daily Mail Online

From Daily Mail website:
"As part of their ongoing investigation, police arrested a 24-year-old man yesterday, thought he is not thought to be the man in the CCTV footage. "

Just being speculative? I doubt the police will have confirmed/denied to reporters.

Wow That video is so bizarre. If that is her getting in the car (and I am not certain it is), then it appears he is waiting and knows to expect the person.

Because why would he just wait like that. Its almost like he knows the person will be coming. I almost wonder if that is someone else that got off work that he picked up.
Do we know for sure it is even her getting in the car?

CCTV probe in Libby Squire's disappearance after man caught on camera getting into car | Daily Mail Online

Now this is very interesting. This CCTV shows the car seconds from Raglan Street 10 minutes (time adjusted) after the Haworth Street CCTV.

If Libby was in the car at Raglan Street I'm more confused than ever.

Also the Police must be approving all this CCTV to be released?

Are the police approving it or are the news outlets getting frustrated and trying to scoop the story, I imagine they have deep enough pockets to buy up copies of CCTV.

Interesting that it's been kept secret for some time and coming out now.

I think we may be getting near a conclusion now

JMO

No, of course we don't believe Libby threw herself at him, we didn't suggest that and I don't think it's cool to suggest we do just because we may be putting extra weight behind the fake taxi theory considering there have been two other reports of fake taxis trying to pick people up, including one on the night Libby disappeared which included a guy with a balaclava. Sorry if my original post didn't come across clearly but I would never victim blame.

Absolutely did not mean anyone was victim blaming. Just thinking outside the box but perhaps I could have phrased it better I just feel the mention of him being a "taxi driver" has made it seem factual perhaps. It's not as far as we know and I think it's an excuse. Of course it is a possibility still.

I've seen illegal minicab drivers with my own eyes so know they do exist.

Jmo but there are cctv cameras everywhere in UK. This guy was there a while, how could he not notice cameras pointing right at his car? Especially if this is his area. It seems really stupid on top of everything else to do a crime right on a street like this...

(Also this is my own pet peeve, no big deal, but I keep seeing Libby referred to as a “young girl”. Wonder if a male of same (adult) age would be considered a “young boy”...)

This may be why she came away from her flat to an area where there are cabs

She wanted to catch a cab back
Back in my uni days we often went up to random cars sitting parked on the road near bars/ student housing and asked ‘are you a taxi?’. Things were I live can still be pretty lose when it comes to illegal taxi-ing, although nowhere near as bad. It is possible that Libby mistook him
for a taxi with the level of intoxication and he went with it - he might even have just thought on the spur of the moment why not make a quick few quid.

Wow That video is so bizarre. If that is her getting in the car (and I am not certain it is), then it appears he is waiting and knows to expect the person.

Because why would he just wait like that. Its almost like he knows the person will be coming. I almost wonder if that is someone else that got off work that he picked up.
Do we know for sure it is even her getting in the car?

He can probably see her sitting on the bench from there depending on exactly where she was sitting

And remember he has just walked over from where she was. He must have walked right by her.

Sometimes I sit in the front, sometimes I sit in the back. Sometimes a driver may open the door if they're already outside the car, if they're inside I usually just get in myself. So... It's all a load of "sometimes" lol.

My experience is the same as Sera's. I never see anyone sit in the back of a private hire car these days, so if I have a few shopping bags I'll go in the back seat with them, if I only have a handbag I'll get in the front passenger seat.

If you have two women coming home from a club in a private hire car then maybe they'll sit in the back together. If you have three people then one will often sit in front with the driver and the other two in the back.

There are different conventions for black cabs. Maybe the front/back seat thing is different in different areas of the country, and there might be a gender or age component that affects preference, too.

As far as her keys...do we know if she looked for them at her house or went up to the door? Was there CCTV there? Partly wondering how her mom is so positive she made it all the way home, and also if it is proven she did not have keys.

Absolutely did not mean anyone was victim blaming. Just thinking outside the box but perhaps I could have phrased it better I just feel the mention of him being a "taxi driver" has made it seem factual perhaps. It's not as far as we know and I think it's an excuse. Of course it is a possibility still.

What do we really know are facts in this case?

The thing that makes it all seem strange to me is that the only things we actually know are that Libby was last seen on a bench and that a polish man has been arrested. There's not actually that many factual things to go on are there? There's so many confusing things!

Back in my uni days we often went up to random cars sitting parked on the road near bars/ student housing and asked ‘are you a taxi?’. Things were I live can still be pretty lose when it comes to illegal taxi-ing, although nowhere near as bad. It is possible that Libby mistook him
for a taxi with the level of intoxication and he went with it - he might even have just thought on the spur of the moment why not make a quick few quid.

Completely agree!

She may have been misquoted or misinterpreted, but I thought the quote reported from his mother in the press was interesting. She didn't seem to rule out that he was doing other work and there was a positive spin on it, along the lines that he would do anything if it helped his family. It's like she is keeping the option open.

Wow. That really does help. Before looking at your GIF, I was certain it was a woman willingly getting into the car, one leg first, then the other, but now I've looked at the GIF, I can see the driver first throws something (a handbag?) into the footwell of the passenger seat with one hand and then after a slight delay, the passenger appears to be thrown onto the passenger seat having been possibly leant against the car and supported by his other arm. The way she bounces as she lands on the seat is consistent with being more or less carried under both legs, then plonked onto the seat.
I also want to say, I don't think women generally just chuck their handbag into a car's footwell before getting into it, nor do they tend to get into the front passenger seat of a taxi (or fake taxi, if that was the case).

Were there not reports she didn’t have a handbag though? That’s why no phone and no keys, no where to put them?

As far as her keys...do we know if she looked for them at her house or went up to the door? Was there CCTV there? Partly wondering how her mom is so positive she made it all the way home, and also if it is proven she did not have keys.
We don't know anything about the status of keys. It's just been guessed on here that she didn't have them because, otherwise, why wouldn't she just go into her house?

In subsequent articles it was confirmed by her mother that Libby got out of the first taxi at her home. That's where she was seen stumbling by the 2 students, and that taxi driver came forward; police stated that driver was not a suspect:

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-libby-squires-mum-says-13946016.amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-libby-squires-mum-says-13946016
Thank you for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member